ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 66
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyreek Hill injury updates.
Hammock Parties 12:52 PM 09-08-2019
Someone just told me Tyreek Hill could be out 6-8 weeks.

This is the same source that told me he would receive 0 games 20 minutes before the national media broke it.

Take it for what it's worth.

EDIT: IT WAS WORTH NOTHING

Here is an explanation from the #Chiefs on WR Tyreek Hill, who was taken to a local hospital. pic.twitter.com/gxcl2nqFu0

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 8, 2019

Per source, no surgery for Tyreek Hill but he will miss a couple of weeks.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 8, 2019

Confirmed, per source, Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill had a posterior SC (sternoclavicular) dislocation which was successfully reduced in the hospital. No surgery required. He will stay overnight.

— Stephania Bell (@Stephania_ESPN) September 8, 2019

[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 05:38 PM 09-09-2019

Tyreek Hill will likely avoid IR, I’m told. No defined timetable quite yet, and he’ll have milemarkers to pass along the way. But for now, avoiding IR is a positive.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) September 9, 2019

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:40 PM 09-09-2019
No IR. I’m guessing that means anywhere from 3-5 weeks.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:42 PM 09-09-2019
Ramsey could’ve killed Tyreek but I’m glad Sammy had Tyreeks back and made Ramsey his bitch
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:44 PM 09-09-2019
You can tell the Chiefs still like Sam.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:46 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
What do y’all think happens to our offensive production if he’s out for say, 4 games?

I think if we’re a 35 PPG team with him, that could drop close to 30. Probably won’t though cause our schedule isn’t strong mostly for the next month.

IMHO the Mahomes ankle and questionable OL could be a bigger issue. The offense was still incredible without Tyreek until Pat got hurt and Reid went to the dink-and-dunk Alex offense to help prevent hits on Pat.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:57 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
IMHO the Mahomes ankle and questionable OL could be a bigger issue. The offense was still incredible without Tyreek until Pat got hurt and Reid went to the dink-and-dunk Alex offense to help prevent hits on Pat.
Yeah, thank goodness we’re done with Jacksonville. One of the best pass rushes we will see all year, maybe the best.

Gotta tighten some stuff up. One thing I’m looking for is to see Reid let the ground game help those guys out a little bit. Some weeks (like Oakland) should be great opportunities to not lean on Mahomes so much and pass protections.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:59 PM 09-09-2019

Regarding Tyreek Hill, my understanding is he has to pass through phases along the way during his recovery, and the team will have to see how his body responds during those phases before determining a timetable for his return. No IR at the moment is a reason for optimism, however

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) September 9, 2019

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:01 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
At this point just thankful for what the outlook seems to be. Could have been so much worse. We love our Cheetah, even if everyone else hates him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:03 PM 09-09-2019
The most significant part of the injury is regaining stability at the joint. We have been told that surgical intervention isn’t needed for Hill, so that is obviously a positive.

The key will be regaining dynamic stability through rehab. This will be accomplished by putting the joint in compromising positions (pushup, grabbing, contested catching) and seeing how it reacts. Re-dislocation is a real thing, and the medical staff will be sure that the player is ready before reinitiating contact. Exercises to reinforce stability and strength in these positions will be paramount.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:05 PM 09-09-2019
Yeah, thank goodness we’re done with Jacksonville. One of the best pass rushes we will see all year, maybe the best.
JAX roster is full of cheap shot artists as well. Really glad it was Week 1 and not Week 12.
[Reply]
-King- 06:06 PM 09-09-2019
At this point just thankful for what the outlook seems to be. Could have been so much worse. We love our Cheetah, even if everyone else hates him.
People hate him? Why?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:10 PM 09-09-2019
Much better than it could have been.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:10 PM 09-09-2019
We will still score but what upsets me most is that I believed we could break the scoring record this season. I was expecting 38-40 ppg but now I’m thinking more like 34 ppg. We do so much quick scoring with Hill on big plays that aren’t going to happen as frequently with him out so just by taking more time to score we won’t necessarily have time to put up record numbers.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:20 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We will still score but what upsets me most is that I believed we could break the scoring record this season. I was expecting 38-40 ppg but now I’m thinking more like 34 ppg. We do so much quick scoring with Hill on big plays that aren’t going to happen as frequently with him out so just by taking more time to score we won’t necessarily have time to put up record numbers.
Maybe it inadvertently helps the defense and forces them to step up a smidge....

Glass half full... :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:27 PM 09-09-2019
Reid in his PC today made it sound like it is day to day or maybe week to week
[Reply]
Page 31 of 66
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up