ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Greta Van Fleet!
Halfcan 12:09 PM 04-17-2021
New album Battle at Garden Gate rocks! These guys are the future of Rock / Prog music. They put on an amazing live show too.

https://thebattleatgardensgate.com/
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:35 PM 04-17-2021
The "future of rock" is a Led Zeppelin cover band?
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:57 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
What Zep cover songs have they put out on their records?
[Reply]
hometeam 06:45 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Music is derivative.

You can be a fuckin edgy negative nancy or you can enjoy the killer music these kids are pumping out.

Your choice to be a fan~
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:46 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Music is derivative.

You can be a fuckin edgy negative nancy or you can enjoy the killer music these kids are pumping out.

Your choice to be a fan~

[Reply]
Halfcan 10:34 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Music is derivative.

You can be a ****in edgy negative nancy or you can enjoy the killer music these kids are pumping out.

Your choice to be a fan~
Yeah, I don't get all the ancient Led Zep fans constantly putting this band down. GVF did a talent show in HIGH SCHOOL and played some ZEP songs. They nailed them and the videos went viral.

Since then, a lot of ZEP fans stuck in 1970 have acted like GVF did a remake of Stairway to Heaven (a song that was mired in copyright litigation btw) and they just won't let it go.

Besides the few screams on Highway Tune- I don't think they sound like Zep at all. The new CD seems more Rush-inspired.

If you don't like them that is fine, but why go out of your way to post the same Zep clone nonsense on every social media post? :-)
[Reply]
JD10367 03:43 PM 04-18-2021
They sound a lot like Zep. They're still very good. David Coverdale sounded a lot like Robert Plant. Whitesnake still had some good tunes. Stone Temple Pilots initially were called a ripoff of Pearl Jam who were called a ripoff of Nirvana. More bands have been called the "new Beatles" than I can remember (Oasis, Jet, Arctic Monkeys, blah blah blah). There's only 12 frigging notes, people.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:54 PM 04-18-2021
I am getting very rush-esque vibes from this new album as well. Instant classics in Heat Above, Broken Bells, The Barbarians... overall best album to date.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:48 PM 04-18-2021
Meh
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 07:02 PM 04-18-2021
Just my opinion but I think the gimmick will soon run its course
[Reply]
Lzen 08:24 PM 04-18-2021
I enjoy listening to Greta but cmon, they sound a lot like Zeppelin. Of course, they will never be Zep. They're was only one Zeppelin and nobody has ever been able to match that greatness.

That won't stop me from enjoying the music of GVF.
[Reply]
Boon 10:10 PM 04-18-2021
I like it. Beats most shit done these days.
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:38 AM 04-19-2021
Halfcan and GVF.

They really deserve eachother.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:46 AM 04-19-2021
I typically hold off on critiquing any rock artist, as the world really needs a rock resurgence.

When I first heard GVF I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Obviously the Led Zep similarities crank through the speakers, but I didn't care.... because when something is GOOD, I want more of it.

That said, I am going to say something very hypocritical in my next statement:

You can't completely ripoff a bands stage presence also... sorry. When I watched them live and saw the GVF singer acting exactly like Plant on stage (Standing shirtless, twirling his long necklace in his fingers)... they lost me. It was too much. I get having your influences come through your art as Music is a collection of influences, but not having any originality will lose me.

If you enjoy GVF for whatever reasons, I'm really happy for you! Maybe I will give them another try in hopes that they have come into their own on this new album.
[Reply]
Mennonite 04-19-2021, 09:52 AM
This message has been deleted by Mennonite.
ModSocks 01:40 PM 04-19-2021
Aside from a few of their hit songs, ive never been able to get into them. I want to like them more than i do. I'll give this new album a try.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up