ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Oscar Isaac is casted as Moon Knight
Tribal Warfare 02:45 AM 10-27-2020

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:59 AM 10-27-2020
I would have been down for Daniel Radcliffe as Moon Knight as well.

[Reply]
keg in kc 10:10 AM 10-27-2020
"cast"
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:26 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I would have been down for Daniel Radcliffe as Moon Knight as well.
Seriously? The dude is a too short.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:51 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Seriously? The dude is a too short.
Wolverine is 5'3" but Jackman is 6'2". Moon Knight is 6'2" and DR is 5'5"... so we are two inches closer than the Jackman casting. :-)

I just think that, height aside, Radcliffe's demeanor and style of delivery suits Moon Knight really well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:55 AM 10-27-2020
Wolverine is 5'3" but Jackman is 6'2". Moon Knight is 6'2" and DR is 5'5"... so we are two inches closer than the Jackman casting. :-)

I just think that, height aside, Radcliffe's demeanor and style of delivery suits Moon Knight really well.
My apologies but I'm referring to Cinema.

A 5'3 Wolverine wouldn't "play" in movie theaters, which is why a larger and more imposing actor was chosen for the role.

Radcliffe may be a fine actor but people don't want to see a 5'5 male superhero en masse.

Keep in mind, 85% of Marvel MCU fans have never read the comics.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:00 AM 10-27-2020
coughcoughTomCruiseJackReachercough

Just ball busting, Dane. Lol. I think Cruise did fine as Reacher, but I would like to see Armie Hammer take that role on (forgot who was cast in the series coming up). But your point is well taken and true.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:07 AM 10-27-2020
My apologies but I'm referring to Cinema.

A 5'3 Wolverine wouldn't "play" in movie theaters, which is why a larger and more imposing actor was chosen for the role.

Radcliffe may be a fine actor but people don't want to see a 5'5 male superhero en masse.
As it stands, Moon Knight won't be appearing in Cinema any time soon as he is slated to have a show on Disney+ and not any, as of now, major films.

Don Cheadle playing war Machine is only 5'7". Tom Holland is 5'8". But I get what you are saying. DR isn't an imposing physical specimen at 5'5".
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:08 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Just ball busting, Dane. Lol. I think Cruise did fine as Reacher, but I would like to see Armie Hammer take that role on (forgot who was cast in the series coming up). But your point is well taken and true.
I never read the Jack Reacher books but my Dad and one of my brothers read a bunch of them. They were both disappointed with the casting of Tom Cruise but they also said he did a nice job in the role. I've never caught either of the films but I'll definitely check out the series, starring Alan Ritchson as Reacher.

Ritchson isn't 6'6, either but he's 6'2, so he'll tower over all of the actresses and most of the actors, who are on average, 5'9 across the board.

The new Jack Reacher:

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:09 AM 10-27-2020
As it stands, Moon Knight won't be appearing in Cinema any time soon as he is slated to have a show on Disney+ and not any, as of now, major films.
All of the characters in the upcoming Disney+ series will be appearing in Phase 5 of the MCU.

Don Cheadle playing war Machine is only 5'7". Tom Holland is 5'8". But I get what you are saying. DR isn't an imposing physical specimen at 5'5".
Cheadle's actually 5'8 and hasn't been asked to carry a TV series or MCU film.

And Terrance Howard royally fucked himself.

Spider-Man is 5'10 in the comics while Holland is 5'8 but again, actors tend to be on the shorter side, overall, so it doesn't make much difference on film or TV.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:31 PM 10-27-2020
Hey dane, I think you accidently attached something from your spank bank. Again.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:55 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Sorry, having read some of the Reacher books, I just couldn't take Cruise seriously in that role.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:57 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Hey dane, I think you accidently attached something from your spank bank. Again.
Not sure why he posted the selfie I sent him. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:42 PM 10-28-2020
I'm hearing 2022 as the earliest that Disney+ will air this series

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...r-mohamed-diab

Moon Knight has found its director. The Disney+ series from Marvel Studios has tapped filmmaker Mohamed Diab to step behind the camera.

Oscar Isaac leads the series, which centers on Marc Spector, an ex-Marine turned mercenary whose multiple alter egos allow him to better fight crime. Diab, who hails from Egypt, went to Cannes with his well-regarded 2016 film Clash, whichwas set in 2013 in Cairo during the 2013 clashes behind pro- and anti-Muslim Brotherhood demonstrators. He came on the scene with his directorial debut Cairo 678, which was awarded best feature and best international feature at the Chicago International Film Festival.

Umbrella Academy's Jeremy Slater is overseeing Moon Knight and leading the writer's room.

Moon Knight joins a number of shows Marvel Studios has in the works for Disney+, including WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Tom Hiddleston's Loki, which are the first three expected out of the gate.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:22 PM 10-28-2020
I never read the Jack Reacher books but my Dad and one of my brothers read a bunch of them. They were both disappointed with the casting of Tom Cruise but they also said he did a nice job in the role. I've never caught either of the films but I'll definitely check out the series, starring Alan Ritchson as Reacher.

Ritchson isn't 6'6, either but he's 6'2, so he'll tower over all of the actresses and most of the actors, who are on average, 5'9 across the board.

The new Jack Reacher:

Thad fucking Castle
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up