ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Netflix: No Peaky Blinders thread?
NewChief 09:29 PM 08-18-2015
Just finished first season. This show is really enjoyable. Good plot. Lots of criminal politics and violence. Interesting characters. But the style and costuming. Damn. So interesting to make such a squalid environment look so simultaneously stylish.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:32 PM 08-18-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Just finished first season. This show is really enjoyable. Good plot. Lots of criminal politics and violence. Interesting characters. But the style and costuming. Damn. So interesting to make such a squalid environment look so simultaneously stylish.
I made it through the first episode and couldn't get into it. Am I missing the boat?
[Reply]
NewChief 09:48 PM 08-18-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I made it through the first episode and couldn't get into it. Am I missing the boat?
I don't know. I may be blinded by my love of the costuming and cinematography. It has pretty good critical reception though. It definitely beats the shit out of S2 of True Detective. Only thing I find kind of cheesy at times is the use of modern music, but other moments make the music a perfect choice.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:07 AM 08-19-2015
It's a flashy, over the top across the pond spin of Boardwalk Empire.

...And I love every moment of it. This was the role Cillian Murphy was born to play.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:14 AM 08-19-2015
The costuming is impressive. I didn't make through the 2nd season. I can't remember why, so maybe that's why.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:34 PM 08-20-2015
Pretty sure we have a thread about it.. or at least had a good chunk of discussion about it in one of the BBC threads but yeah, it's quite excellent. Very stylish, above average scripts, and Cillian Murphy is as cool as a cucumber.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:35 PM 08-20-2015
I loved that show

Hope season 3 comes someday
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:34 PM 09-03-2015
Finishing up S2...... really solid show.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:21 PM 09-03-2015
Cant understand a fucking thing they say...
[Reply]
NewChief 09:24 PM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Cant understand a fucking thing they say...
:-)

I was telling someone that the other day. It's a true BBC show, so they don't hold anything back on the accents. I think similar to Gangs of New York, they're trying to capture period speech and pull no punches. It's definitely hard to understand at times.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:50 AM 09-04-2015
Cant understand a ****ing thing they say...
Gons = guns.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 08:01 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I loved that show

Hope season 3 comes someday
The showrunner guy said he wants to take the character up to World War 2 so there's a lot ahead if that really goes through. Apparently they start shooting Season 3 like next week so maybe sometime early next year or something it'll be ready

:-) it's not an issue at all for me but supposedly this is a huge problem for American audiences... seems pretty weird to me why this is
[Reply]
salame 10:27 PM 09-04-2015
amazing show
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:55 PM 09-06-2015
The show actually caught a lot of flack because they asked Sam Neill to tune down his accent for American audiences (it ended up being way less Irish than it had been).
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:30 AM 08-03-2016
I've now watched season 1 and 4 episodes of season 2 in the last few weeks,going to try and finish this weekend,loving it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up