ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 173
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:06 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Mighty Ed will be golden soon... all that man needs is a buxom wench, strong grog, and the wind at his sails.

Heart of a Viking, c'mon man.
THIS!

Yarrrr....

...or whatever Vikings yell, amirite?!
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:14 PM 08-12-2015

[Reply]
Dante84 06:46 PM 08-12-2015
Stay focused, Stay strong, Ed!

You were made for this shit!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:16 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Ed, when you want visitors, I'll come by. If you want me to sneak you in some treats, I can do that too! Just let me know about anything you need.

-Josh
Thanks, Josh! I will be here until Monday so if this weekend is good for you, come on by. I am in room 4612 now, but may be moved tomorrow.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:17 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
THIS!

Yarrrr....

...or whatever Vikings yell, amirite?!
We used to yell VALHALLA before engaging the enemy.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:19 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Mighty Ed will be golden soon... all that man needs is a buxom wench, strong grog, and the wind at his sails.

Heart of a Viking, c'mon man.
Thanks, brother! Give me a call in a few days, yeah?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:45 PM 08-12-2015
We're proud of you Ed, you're fighting like hell, that's awesome!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:56 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
We used to yell VALHALLA before engaging the enemy.
I stand corrected. :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:59 AM 08-13-2015
I had a rough night as my pains became more frequent, but thankfully less severe and shorter in duration. It woke me up a lot. They changed my dressings this morning and a crew of docs was in here. So now at least 10 women have seen my junk and not a one of them has so much as kissed me first. My friend Angela came to visit me last night and I really needed it. She held my hand as I cried a little bit. I am fighting as hard as I can and being as strong as I can, but it sure is far from easy.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:05 AM 08-13-2015
I had a rough night as my pains became more frequent, but thankfully less severe and shorter in duration. It woke me up a lot. They changed my dressings this morning and a crew of docs was in here. So now at least 10 women have seen my junk and not a one of them has so much as kissed me first. My friend Angela came to visit me last night and I really needed it. She held my hand as I cried a little bit. I am fighting as hard as I can and being as strong as I can, but it sure is far from easy.
Stay strong, Ed! You're alive this morning, man.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:08 AM 08-13-2015
I'm praying for you every night, Ed. We're here for you.
[Reply]
scho63 07:21 AM 08-13-2015
You are one hell of a Viking warrior Ed. God bless you in your fight.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:24 AM 08-13-2015
Stay strong man..you have been kicking ass so far..been reading as you update but haven't said much..cancer has taken a few of my family and I hate seeing anybody get diagnosed with it..keep kicking ass man and let's hit up a game this fall
[Reply]
Chiefs42 07:58 AM 08-13-2015
Stay strong, Ed. You may not know it, but you are quite an inspiration to many people like me who just lurk here. Keep on kicking cancer's butt and don't be afraid to lean on all your friends here.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:35 PM 08-13-2015
John, my nurse for today, made me get out of bed and it was very painful, pulling on my incisions but it was not as bad as when they first put me into the bed. It went in 3 stages: Sitting up and putting my feet on the floor, standing up, then sitting in a chair. I don't have pain attacks across my abdomen in the chair, thankfully. Then he pulled the catheter out and that felt like someone stepped on my pecker. A PT lady came and got me to walk a lap around the hospital floor using a walker, and that went pretty well. I am very tired and sitting in the chair still but I may need to get back in bed and try to nap for a while.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 173
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Up