ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
In Memoriam>We lost a poster and a friend yesterday [Crazyhorse]
Chief Roundup 08:05 AM 08-12-2012
Crazyhorse has passed away. He fought a very long and hard battle. He went in to get another lung transplant, since they messed up on the first set of lungs. Well this time these lungs came with a bacteria/fungus that attacked the incisions including where these lungs were attached to his body. It was something that could not be overcome.

He will be missed.
[Reply]
Frankie 11:48 PM 08-13-2012
Originally Posted by Braincase:
RIP. Damn few like him. Prayers for him and his family.
On the contrary, I think many like him.

OK I'm being silly. Sorry Crazy Horse for getting silly in your thread. Pop one open there in heaven for us the still earthbound Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
Inspector 07:33 AM 08-14-2012
Wow, very sad. Just a couple of years older than my oldest kid. Thats waaaay too young.

Prayers for the family.

RIP
[Reply]
Luke Warm 12:18 PM 08-14-2012
Sorry for your loss, CP.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:43 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by johnny961:
I'm not a huge Mustang guy but from the links to the pics of his ride its definately much older than this. Like a 1964 to 1968 vintage. I think they changed from this general body style somewhere around 1969. These Mustangs were small and fairly lightweight. Didn't take gobs of horsepower to make these small cars haul ass. I always thought his username probably referred to his Mustang...probably hopped up and fast. That plus the line "all motor" under the pic in his avi is generally used by car guys that have a bad ass fast ride with no power adder like a supercharger or nitrous oxide. Hence the term all motor. Guy was definately a car guy.
That’s what I was thinking, ’64-68. About ’69-70 is when they started getting bigger.
CH once posted a YouTube video of it and it was a tire smoking monster. IIRC he told me the engine was a Mustang 302 stroked to 347, forged bottom end, roller top end, around 11:1 CR. Just a nasty street rod.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:46 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by johnny961:
Too bad crazyhorse didn't get to enjoy the car more though. Although to most car guys half of the fun is building it. At least his son should get some enjoyment out of it. By the way sorry about your loss. Sounds like you guys were pretty good friends.
Yes, CH was a gear head. Building it was “a labor of love”, his words.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:59 PM 08-14-2012
Crazy Horse and I didn't always agree, but then again this is Chiefs Planet and that's pretty much what we do here.

RIP.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:14 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
That’s what I was thinking, ’64-68. About ’69-70 is when they started getting bigger.
CH once posted a YouTube video of it and it was a tire smoking monster. IIRC he told me the engine was a Mustang 302 stroked to 347, forged bottom end, roller top end, around 11:1 CR. Just a nasty street rod.
Not sure if this is the video you're talking about, but here's one I stole from the Orange Mane's thread. It's from 2008, so I assume he did quite a bit of work since then based on his avatar.

[Reply]
Radar Chief 04:00 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not sure if this is the video you're talking about, but here's one I stole from the Orange Mane's thread. It's from 2008, so I assume he did quite a bit of work since then based on his avatar.

Good find. :-) I believe that is it, before body work and paint.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:42 PM 08-14-2012

In this one you can hear his voice and that is his son starting the car. His son will keep this car.

As you can tell in these videos there was already a lot of work done to the car as far as the underside and the engine compartment.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:43 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by DaFace:

yes that is the other one I was going to post.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:55 PM 08-14-2012
It actually has a 351 that is bored and such to be a 393. It has Trick Flow heads and other stuff that is over my head. I know it was over 500 HP and 500 Torque.
It is a 64 and 1/2 original v8 mustang. He basicly bought the title, the car was in that bad of shape. I don't know that there is a bolt or nut in that car that is not new. I am not exaggerating. It is beautiful. It is a huge attention getter too.
[Reply]
morphius 07:52 PM 08-14-2012
People just keep passing away here, I'm starting to think we might need to be quarantined.

RIP Crazyhorse, thoughts and prayers for the family.
[Reply]
memyselfI 07:43 AM 08-15-2012
So very sorry to hear this. RIP and condolences to his family, friends, and those who loved him.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 10:36 AM 08-15-2012
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
It actually has a 351 that is bored and such to be a 393. It has Trick Flow heads and other stuff that is over my head. I know it was over 500 HP and 500 Torque.
It is a 64 and 1/2 original v8 mustang. He basicly bought the title, the car was in that bad of shape. I don't know that there is a bolt or nut in that car that is not new. I am not exaggerating. It is beautiful. It is a huge attention getter too.
I’ll have to take your word for it. I was pulling that from memory clouded by a few years worth of booze consumption. I remembered he stroked an SBF, just assumed it was the more popular 302 to 347.
[Reply]
johnny961 12:42 PM 08-15-2012
I’ll have to take your word for it. I was pulling that from memory clouded by a few years worth of booze consumption. I remembered he stroked an SBF, just assumed it was the more popular 302 to 347.
Like I mentioned earlier I'm not much of a Mustang guy but I was figuring the same when you mentioned it. From what I understand from people who have done this swap that 351 windsor engine is like an inch taller and two inches wider physically than the 302 even though they are the same engine family because Ford used a taller block in the 351 to accomodate the longer stroke. I've been told its very doable but kinda a pain fitting the 351 in these smaller 'stangs just because of clearance issues. This guy must have had one hell of a time getting that all to fit so cleanly. And from what I can see the guy did a very meticulous job. Thanks for the videos. I enjoy seeing nicely done up rides like this one.Thats one nice ride that his son can be very proud of.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up