ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about ways to get this team back on the Super Bowl track tonight
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM 04-26-2019
First off, I’m operating under the assumption that we’ve seen Tyreek Hill play his final snap in KC as of right now. And barring unforeseen news to come, that is how it needs to be. If you choose to believe otherwise, that’s your call. But for the sake of being realistic, Hill is a goner.

I won’t understate that blow. He’s been the most explosive playmaker in the NFL for 2-3 years now. He changes the game unlike anyone else. He will not be replaced.

But that doesn’t mean that this team can’t find other ways to get back on track. So here is what I am looking at heading into Friday night:

1. Mahomes means we’re still in a good spot

Let us not forget that Patrick looked ****ing awesome in his first start in Denver with nothing but backups around him. He basically got Albert Wilson a 50% raise that day, I would say. Things will get tougher for him and the offense now, but he can still carry us to being a top 10 offense at minimum. We still have some star playmakers on the roster and an above average offensive line. Now onto the draft....

2. Lots of good, athletic receivers left

Here is a list of some of the best WR prospects remaining along with their 40-yard dash times to the right. I think Andy will want to add a field stretching WR to this roster in order to best match up with Mahomes, so speed is very important:

- Parris Campbell (4.31)
- Andy Isabella (4.31)
- Mecole Hardman (4.33)
- D.K. Metcalf (4.33)
- Terry McClaurin (4.35)
- Emmanuel Hall (4.39)
- Darius Slayton (4.39)
- Myles Boykin (4.42 and some FREAKY agility times as well)
- Hakeem Butler (4.48)
- Deebo Samuel (4.48 and just a stud in general)
- A.J. Brown (4.49, stud player like Samuel)

Point being, there are some really athletic players left at WR who, while not close to Hill, could still come in day one and present a vertical threat for Mahomes and Andy to work with.

3. Lots of good corners and safeties remain as well

Another huge need that has some depth here on day two... here are some solid players available:

- Byron Murphy
- Greedy Williams
- Amani Oruwariye
- Rock Ya-Sin
- Joejuan Williams
- Sean Bunting
- Justin Layne
- Julian Love
- Trayvon Mullen
- Lonnie Johnson Jr.
- Nasir Adderley
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
- Taylor Rapp
- Juan Thornhill

And even a few more who could make an impact potentially from day one. If the Chiefs want to build up the defense even more to take pressure off of the offense this year, options remain...

4. Possible established trade targets?

I doubt it happens but we’ve still got possible veteran fixes out there such as Patrick Peterson or A.J. Green... not sure if their teams would trade them right now, but its possible... and even if not, they may do so during the summer.

So tonight, the Chiefs should have a great chance to stock up on talent that can help immediately in 2019. They could go WR/CB/TE straight up, they could take two WRs even to hedge their bets there with a DB or TE later, or they could use picks to go get an established veteran today... who really knows.

This team isn’t dead yet, though. Let’s see where things are later. Even with Hill on his way out, Kansas City can reset and contend with the right moves, IMO.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:59 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Parris Campbell has speed to burn. Does a lot of motion stuff too. This could be the guy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdY5u5WeBM
1:52 he does the Hill peace sign lol

He's so fast. Isabella is even faster.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:00 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
1:52 he does the Hill peace sign lol

He's so fast. Isabella is even faster.
Hardman blew me away with his game speed. He looked a bit different than everyone else, a bit more sure of what he was doing. I’m a fan.
[Reply]
Iconic 12:02 PM 04-26-2019
What I'd like:

Round 2 #29 - Miles Boykin, WR
Round 2 #31 - Sean Bunting, CB
Round 3 #20 - Kahale Warring, TE
[Trade 2020 3rd] Round 4 #15 - Lamont Gaillard, C
[Trade 6th and 5th] Round 5 #5 - Sheldrick Redwine, S
[Trade 7th and 6th] Round 6 #10 - Darwin Thompson, RB

Only players I'd willingly trade up for in the second are Hakeem Butler, Greedy, and AJ Brown.
[Reply]
Bump 12:04 PM 04-26-2019
might have to consider making a trade before the deadline during the season for a WR, unless Robinson or someone else really steps it up. Trades seem to be more common these days.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:06 PM 04-26-2019
If they take Boykin when Parris and Isabella and Deebo and DK are gettable then you can cancel any superbowl plans. Gross.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:09 PM 04-26-2019

Denver did receive enough interest to deal Harris. Sounds like a trade would likely come with a new deal. A solid commodity for the Broncos https://t.co/DxHDF6ocAI

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 26, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 12:12 PM 04-26-2019
Some of you motherfuckers need to remember Pat had jack shit at Texas Tech and STILL lit up the scoreboard against an LSU defense stacked full of first rd talents.
[Reply]
notorious 12:18 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Some of you mother****ers need to remember Pat had jack shit at Texas Tech and STILL lit up the scoreboard against an LSU defense stacked full of first rd talents.
Yep.

This offense will be fine. Boost the defense and create balance in the force.
[Reply]
Iconic 12:24 PM 04-26-2019
If they take Boykin when Parris and Isabella and Deebo and DK are gettable then you can cancel any superbowl plans. Gross.
I like Parris myself but Boykin is a much more refined receiver. He's already better than Parris at beating press, as a ball carrier, and at the catch point.

Boykin's ability to decelerate is a difference maker. He has the potential to be Josh Gordon without the baggage.

Campbell is not a bad get, I like him. But I have no clue how you can say Boykin is gross. That man has potential to be a HOFer.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:31 PM 04-26-2019
Maybe this is unrealistic but I think it would be better for the Chiefs to try to trade for a veteran WR, rather than relying on a rookie WR(s) to make an impact next season.

Obviously there is no realistic scenario to replace Tyreek’s skill set, but maybe a trade for Albert Wilson? He knows the offense and he was signed for Adam Gase’s offense in Miami so maybe he would be available.

Maybe a call to the Bengals to see if AJ Green is available? They look to be in a rebuilding mode so maybe he can be acquired at the right price.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:34 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I like Parris myself but Boykin is a much more refined receiver. He's already better than Parris at beating press, as a ball carrier, and at the catch point.

Boykin's ability to decelerate is a difference maker. He has the potential to be Josh Gordon without the baggage.

Campbell is not a bad get, I like him. But I have no clue how you can say Boykin is gross. That man has potential to be a HOFer.

Gross is because he's the #12 rated receiver who doesn't play up to his measurables and is compared to Donte Moncrief and I don't imagine a guy who can never put up 100 yards in a game is the answer.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:37 PM 04-26-2019
Gross is because he's the #12 rated receiver who doesn't play up to his measurables and is compared to Donte Moncrief and I don't imagine a guy who can never put up 100 yards in a game is the answer.
Miles Boykin never put up 100 yards in a game? Sure about that?
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:39 PM 04-26-2019
Moncrief. Moncrief doesn't.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:40 PM 04-26-2019
Moncrief. Moncrief doesn't.
So because someone compared Boykin to Moncrief......that means that Boykin will never hit 100 yards in a game. Got it.

Comparisons by anyone are fucking stupid and pointless.
[Reply]
Iconic 12:44 PM 04-26-2019
Well there it is. Case closed.

Boykin = Moncrief = he will never hit 100 yards in a game.

Come on man. You must realize how ridiculous that sounds saying that out loud right? Scouts fluctuate dramatically on their opinions.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up