ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>Spiderman is [no longer] out of the MCU
Mecca 02:43 PM 08-20-2019
https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-f...er-1202672545/

It was fun while it lasted, but Sony once again is stupid and has cancelled this deal. Might as well call it Sony hates money.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:24 PM 08-27-2019

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy director @JamesGunn says that @Disney and @SonyPictures are "working their sh*t out" with the #SpiderMan situation... https://t.co/FYpdSBRpeo pic.twitter.com/xNFtc9rwf3

— MCU Direct (@MCU_Direct) August 27, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 04:38 PM 08-27-2019
Fuck yes. Figure it out and both companies will make plenty of money.
[Reply]
Fish 09:35 PM 08-27-2019

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:29 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Sony struck out twice on their own until the help of Feige. If they are going to ignore the MCU canon then they are ****ed because of oversaturation of the character with the inability to tell a compelling narrative.

I know, I'm going to save my money and not see the next installment if it's strictly Sony involvement
What do you mean by "twice"? The original trilogy was a success, though too much meddling from the suits messed up the final movie.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:13 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
What do you mean by "twice"? The original trilogy was a success, though too much meddling from the suits messed up the final movie.
Venom shoehorned in the 3rd installment that Raimi was preasued to include by the Sony executives.

The Amazing Spider-Man sequel was such a shitshow they ended that continuity.

Brandon Routh's Suoerman Returns was also a box office success, but the fans ostracized it to the point where it took 7 years to resurrect the Franchise
[Reply]
Rausch 11:23 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Rumors that something could be announced at d23 regarding Spiderman.

Also Ms. Marvel, She Hulk and Moon Knight announced streaming series! On Disney+ So pumped. Ms. Marvel confirmed to show up in a future movie.
If this weren't the new woke MsheU I would be excited. Moon Knight would have been perfect for a Netflix show. And when Peter David wrote She Hulk and the book was a very sarcastic comedy based adventure series (think a toned down Deadpool) I really liked it.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:56 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Venom shoehorned in the 3rd installment that Raimi was preasued to include by the Sony executives.

The Amazing Spider-Man sequel was such a shitshow they ended that continuity.

Brandon Routh's Suoerman Returns was also a box office success, but the fans ostracized it to the point where it took 7 years to resurrect the Franchise
Thanks for the reply, as I wasn't sure where you were going with your post. But Marvel's had some relative duds, too, and Sony did have the first two Spider Man entries, so I'm not sure it should be viewed as cut and dry Marvel = Good, No Marvel = Bad.

But, we'll see what the future holds. For me, Spider-man not being in the upcoming Marvel Wokeverse is not something I automatically view as a negative. In fact, keeping the web slinger out of that may be a very smart move for Sony.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:19 PM 08-29-2019
I think the argument is that Sony's meddling impacted the Raimiverse so much that it not only tainted Spiderman 3, but it destroyed the chances of a Spiderman 4 and 5 in that universe (which Tobey, Kirsten and Raimi were all originally on board to do).

Still, Spiderman 2 is a solid, solid flick from that universe and still holds its own after the advent of the Nolan era and the Marvelverse. It's hokey, but it wears that hokeyness on its sleeve and balances that out with fantastic performances from Maguire and Molina.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:24 AM 09-27-2019
He's back! Will make 3rd movie and atleast be in another Marvel movie.

July 16, 2021 release date for Spiderman 3.

@Variety: Sony, Marvel Make Up: Companies Will Produce Third ‘Spider-Man’ Film https://wp.me/p2WgDE-1jr8GZ

Also rumors Spiderman can appear in Sony's Marvel Universe w/ no mention of the mcu. Awesome.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:53 AM 09-27-2019
Excellent!
[Reply]
DaFace 10:06 AM 09-27-2019
Nice. Good to see cooler heads prevail.
[Reply]
-King- 10:40 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Nice. Good to see cooler heads prevail.
There were billions of dollars on the line. They were always going to find a compromise.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:21 PM 09-27-2019
Knew it was only a matter of time, but still great news.

Side note: I still haven't seen Far From Home.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:32 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Knew it was only a matter of time, but still great news.

Side note: I still haven't seen Far From Home.
Me either. I’m a crap fan
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:55 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Me either. I’m a crap fan
I just watched last weekend. Didn't enjoy it that much while watching, but as I've been thinking about it this week, I really like it. Need to watch it again.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up