ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 221
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:31 PM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by loochy:
Man, you couldn't pay me enough to go to one of those opening weekend events. If there's one thing I can't stand it's other fishermen. I have to be away and have my space.
Amen, i dont go out to the woods to stand around with 30 other people.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:15 PM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I will be down there as well, Mar. 1-3.

I've had a fly rod for several years and have never caught a trout on it. I can be right next to my buddy, and he'll be catching the shit out of them. Even with the same fly tied on. I just can't get the hang of it. I have no problem casting for the most part. I guess my presentation just sucks. But I try it every year, get frustrated and go back to my ultra-light.
:-) I’ll bet you’re the one I’m thinking of. Sorry, no idea how I got you mixed up.

Isn’t the water on opening day usually pretty high?
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:54 PM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
:-) I’ll bet you’re the one I’m thinking of. Sorry, no idea how I got you mixed up.

Isn’t the water on opening day usually pretty high?
Honestly, we don't fish in the park that often and definitely not on opening day. We fish in the river and catch plenty of trout without the crowds.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 02:01 PM 02-06-2013
I saw pictures of opening day at Bennett from my buddy and it looked like they were literally shoulder to shoulder, but he said that was the opening horn and they make a big to-do of it. Hopefully it won't be nearly that crowded the whole time. We will be there the day before opening, through March 4. Although I have to make a run to Warrensburg on Saturday to watch my kid sing in some district honor choir, so I am hoping that day is nice and cold and rainy or something, but it will surely be the most picturesque day of the trip.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 02:02 PM 02-06-2013
Honestly, we don't fish in the park that often and definitely not on opening day. We fish in the river and catch plenty of trout without the crowds.
I don't know the area, I know we will be in the park (that is where all the zones are right?) but not sure if he typically moves out of the park on trips, or stays there the whole time.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:05 PM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by scott free:
Amen, i dont go out to the woods to stand around with 30 other people.
Exactly
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:06 PM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
I don't know the area, I know we will be in the park (that is where all the zones are right?) but not sure if he typically moves out of the park on trips, or stays there the whole time.
Right.
[Reply]
loochy 02:18 PM 02-06-2013
That's what I do at Montauk. I park at the farthest downstream parking lot, I hike down to the park barrier wire, and I get in the water there and fish the blue ribbon water down to the next river crossing.

If there's not a trail or a road next to the water, that's where you need to be. :-)
[Reply]
Groves 02:36 PM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by loochy:
Doh. I'm retarded. Sorry.
Ah, but nobody gets killed your way. I'm the one low on brain cells.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:39 AM 02-07-2013
Although I have to make a run to Warrensburg on Saturday to watch my kid sing in some district honor choir, so I am hoping that day is nice and cold and rainy or something, but it will surely be the most picturesque day of the trip.
You take that back!
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 08:42 AM 02-07-2013
You take that back!
How about for like 10 minutes to where I am good and miserable in the morning and then I'll take the nasty weather with me to Warrensburg and leave it there.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:17 AM 02-07-2013
How about for like 10 minutes to where I am good and miserable in the morning and then I'll take the nasty weather with me to Warrensburg and leave it there.
Off topic, but does anyone know if Perry Fosters is still open in Warrensburg? I would drive down there just to eat his BBQ when I flew in for a Chiefs game. That was before he had his little health code violations.

[Reply]
booyaf2 05:53 PM 02-20-2013
Picked up a 2013 Lund 1875 Crossover XS. Fishing season can't get here soon enough
[Reply]
stonedstooge 06:18 PM 02-20-2013
I went out for 3 hours on Sunday since it got up into the mid 50's. First time I've fished on a wing dike in the Missouri River. Had a few soft bites but nothing caught. I've been studying up on the different type of rigs to use in and around wing dikes. Also got a shipment of shad sides in today, so I'M READY for the next warm day
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:19 PM 02-20-2013
My father in law is one of the best crappie fisherman in the state and had a stroke in October.

He is left handed and can't use the left side yet, minor use of the leg and one finger so far.

He lives to fish and I can tell he's already hurting. It hurts me to see. I'm working on a way to get him down the hill to his dock.

He will be a very sad panda when the water temp starts creeping up
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 54 of 221
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up