< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Yikes. Spags Explains Why He Didnt Play Pennel
Titty Meat 10:53 PM 11-15-2019
This dude needs to go.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...sage-vs-titans
[Reply]
TRR 11:04 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon:
It was stupid to sit Pennel in that particular game. Hopefully, lesson learned.
Pennel wouldn’t have made a difference. Pennel, an undrafted career journeyman, with minimal production is not going to be the difference for a defense that simply cannot maintain proper run fits anywhere along the front 7.

They have 6 games to get it right. Or this season will go down like many others before it have.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:56 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by TRR:
Pennel wouldn’t have made a difference. Pennel, an undrafted career journeyman, with minimal production is not going to be the difference for a defense that simply cannot maintain proper run fits anywhere along the front 7.

They have 6 games to get it right. Or this season will go down like many others before it have.
Did you even watch the Minnesota game or the Denver game?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:03 PM 11-16-2019
The Sun Tzu quote was a nice touch in the article. We need more historic quotes in our Chiefs stuff.
[Reply]
TRR 12:07 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Did you even watch the Minnesota game or the Denver game?
Matter of fact I was in attendance for the Denver game, and yes I watched the Vikings game. KC’s success against the run had to do with improved gap discipline, better run fits, and gang tackling...especially on first down. It also didn’t hurt that Denver and Minnesota were not as patient with the run game as the Titans were. That has a lot to do with first down success.

Pennel isn’t the reason or the answer.
[Reply]
mcaj22 12:07 PM 11-16-2019
Is Spags saying the defense absolutely craps itself or is at least dictated by when teams go 3 wide? That part of the strength in one of his packages (Ragland, Prennell) etc gets completely negated by 3 WR sets. So we basically have absolute bums that come in the sub package.

The fact that he was scared of ...Ryan Tannehill and Adam Humphries in the slot over Derrick Henry taking a huge steamy dump on them is amazing to me.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:33 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
Always love the "no rhyme or reason" explanation. Let's me know we have the coaching edge.
There's no rhyme or reason to them, but the rest of us see both the rhyme and the reason. Like an alcoholic, until they admit to what they are, they can't make progress short of having the situation removed.

So they're soft and are waaaaaaay too nice to the employees (and I picked that word carefully!!!), and until they admit that, and change that, they will always deny the rhyme and reason that's sitting right in front of their faces.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:39 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
This is unbelievable. Do we really have a DC who offers comments like:

- That's probably why that happened
- There was no rhyme or reason for it
- My guess is that with the Reggie situation, that's exactly what happened

Are you kidding me? Do we really have a DC who, 5 days after the game, STILL is unsure about how/why things transpired the way they did? Please tell me that this guy is not our DC.

How can anyone have any faith in this guy with "answers" like that? Heck, at this point, I'm less concerned about his decisions to sit Pennell and limit Ragland's snaps than I am about his spineless answers to the Press. I've never heard any coach sound so unsure about why he made gameday decisions. Sounds like everything was a guess, or a maybe, or a probably or a stinking haiku poem.

Wow, talk about a lack of assertiveness. Whoa. I guess I need to remember that said wishy/washiness is just what gets juices flowing in our slam-bam defensive unit. We must remember that football guys truly enjoy the cerebral side of things and are driven to new heights by directives like "this might work" or "I think that maybe the other team is making us do it this way".

And this guy is the leader of our defense? Lord, give me strength...
"Coach speak. They all do it. We're getting better. Injuries. Bumble bee flew in the window. Menstrual cramps..."

/apologists
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:40 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Is Spags saying the defense absolutely craps itself or is at least dictated by when teams go 3 wide? That part of the strength in one of his packages (Ragland, Prennell) etc gets completely negated by 3 WR sets. So we basically have absolute bums that come in the sub package.

The fact that he was scared of ...Ryan Tannehill and Adam Humphries in the slot over Derrick Henry taking a huge steamy dump on them is amazing to me.
Yeah, despite the fact that he cheats, Belichick has handed other teams the blueprint on defense. Take away their best player. The Chiefs concentrated on taking away the Titans' fifth-best player or some such thing. I bet the Titans never expected that.

In fairness, I guess we should acknowledge that the assumption was that the Chiefs would be playing with a lead, and that didn't happen because of a couple of fluke plays in the first half. I can kind of understand playing to that logic, though, and it really points out how much the fumble screwed us over.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:51 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
The defense has not improved overall.
Total bullshit.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:19 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:

That was my takeaway as well.

Offenses are dictating our defensive set, and our nickel subpackage is absolute garbage.

Spags confirms what we already knew and feared. Teams will simply force our nickel D and then run it down our throats.
[Reply]
oldman 01:35 PM 11-16-2019
I'd look at keeping both Ivie and Pennel active this week and going with (gasp) only 3 RBs. Feed Sherman the ball on occasion and even put him out as a receiver. It's not pretty, but he seems to make the most out of his touches.
[Reply]
TEX 01:41 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Total bullshit.
A polished turd, is still a turd...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:44 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
A polished turd, is still a turd...
Takes time to build something.

We've improved from 31st to 22nd...from 26th to 18th in DVOA...let it play out....

We are a middle of the pack defense....some weeks look really bad, some weeks look really good....that is how you get a middle of the pack defense....that is what we are...enjoy the process....good times are coming....Spags has the recipe...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:57 PM 11-16-2019
Oh no, here we go with 5-year plans...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:02 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Oh no, here we go with 5-year plans...
Chiefs will be in the top half of the league in defense next year by Week 6.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up