ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 60
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:51 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Any guesses??

It tells you in the column:

Tears = Damien Williams
Shit = KPass
Cool off = Reiter
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:51 AM 11-11-2019
When you pass so much it allows the time of possession to be shorter as if you were running the ball you would take time off the clock. With Moore they were running the ball but Mahomes first game back he threw 50 passes!!
So for 8 weeks the answer to beating the Chiefs was "Keep Mahomes and the offense off the field, keep the game tight and win it late".

Now YOUR position is that we should...keep Mahomes and the offense off the field.

Yeah, you're an idiot.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:51 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

But what in the **** was the defensive gameplan? Why the hell didn't we have Pennel on the active roster? Why didn't we play Ragland? Saunders shows growth for 3 weeks and can't get on the field? Why'd we play that team like they were some finesse short-passing team? What the hell was the defensive staff thinking/doing?
You can look at the botched snaps, missed FG's etc....and realize that shit rarely happens and will likely never happen again. (The RB fumble issue is a different story)

But going into the game against a team you know wants to run the ball and going completely against what has actually worked stopping the run the last few weeks is inexcusable. Pennel being inactive is just as ****ing dumb as it gets.

My only "guess" is they assumed they would be up enough early the running game wouldn't be a concern late. Still fucking dumb.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:52 AM 11-11-2019
So for 8 weeks the answer to beating the Chiefs was "Keep Mahomes and the offense off the field, keep the game tight and win it late".

Now YOUR position is that we should...keep Mahomes and the offense off the field.

Yeah, you're an idiot.
My position is to run the fucking ball. Guess what?? That allows the Chiefs to have more time on the field
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:53 AM 11-11-2019
Thompson only played 5 offensive snaps
Speaking of, anyone know why Soren Petro pronounces his name "Dare-win"? Bugs the shit out of me.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:53 AM 11-11-2019
When you pass so much it allows the time of possession to be shorter as if you were running the ball you would take time off the clock. With Moore they were running the ball but Mahomes first game back he threw 50 passes!!
Dumb. Limiting our possession is fucking stupid.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:53 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You can look at the botched snaps, missed FG's etc....and realize that shit rarely happens and will likely never happen again. (The RB fumble issue is a different story)

But going into the game against a team you know wants to run the ball and going completely against what has actually worked stopping the run the last few weeks is inexcusable. Pennel being inactive is just as ****ing dumb as it gets.

My only "guess" is they assumed they would be up enough early the running game wouldn't be a concern late. Still ****ing dumb.
And apparently Spags thought IVie was Gods greatest creation. Dude got more snap over Saunders
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:54 AM 11-11-2019
My position is to run the ****ing ball. Guess what?? That allows the Chiefs to have more time on the field
We had the ball 18 minutes longer than Tennessee you moron.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:55 AM 11-11-2019
Dumb. Limiting our possession is ****ing stupid.
I would rather take more time off the clock than more possessions. Our defense can’t stop anything. You would give the opponent also more chances on the field and since our defense can’t stop shit they will be on the field longer and be more gassed
[Reply]
Jerm 11:55 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Remember when Dick Vermeil said "I don't know defense I hire someone who does" or something to that effect. At that time D-Coord was his friend Greg Robinson.

Does anything here sound like Deja Vu?
There was this great shot yesterday where CBS cut to Andy sitting on the bench going over stuff...I can't quite remember if it was after the botched FG or after they scored their last TD, wish I could remember.

He was completely oblivious as to what was going on...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:56 AM 11-11-2019

But going into the game against a team you know wants to run the ball and going completely against what has actually worked stopping the run the last few weeks is inexcusable. Pennel being inactive is just as fucking dumb as it gets.
But we've had sloppy STs issues all year. Will those mistakes happen just like that again? Probably not - but they'll happen in some other fashion. That's just how the poor fundamentals on STs manifest themselves on that day. They'll show up again through a hold on a game-winner or a(nother) fumble on a key return or a(nother) poor decision to bring a ball out, etc, etc...

The drops have surfaced off and on all season, especially with that fucking space cadet, Sammy Watkins. I've never seen a more hot/cold player in my life. You've already referenced the fumbles.

This is the hallmark of a team that's not taking care of the little things; they're focused on the press clippings. It's late stage Mike Martz stuff - when those guys were so full of themselves that they stopped taking care of the pennies and next thing they knew those had added up to dollars in a hurry.

They've fiddle-fucked away at least 3 games this year by making stupid mistakes and not tightening up basic fundamentals. And all 3 of those losses have had slightly different characteristics. The symptoms have been a little different but the disease has been the same - just a complete lack of focus and attention to detail.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:56 AM 11-11-2019
What the **** is it that Toub does around here at this point? Flags on every return, blocked kicks, a non-existent return game and an idiot returner that keeps making the same mistakes.
I get that you don’t like Hardman bc you didn’t want him, but step back and see the bigger picture.

It was a problem with Hardman, DAT and Smith last year. The only constant is Toub.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:57 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
There was this great shot yesterday where CBS cut to Andy sitting on the bench going over stuff...I can't quite remember if it was after the botched FG or after they scored their last TD, wish I could remember.

He was completely oblivious as to what was going on...
This for real?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:58 AM 11-11-2019
This for real?
Absolutely, happens all the time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:58 AM 11-11-2019
My position is to run the fucking ball. Guess what?? That allows the Chiefs to have more time on the field
The Chiefs STRAFED the Titans in TOP yesterday.

Your position is stupid. TOP is one thing but it isn't a perfect proxy for number of possessions.

When you have the more explosive offense (and we ALWAYS will), the more possessions you have, the better. It gives you the highest/best chance to use those possessions to cover for mistakes and/or pull away.

You're doing exactly what the opponent wants you to do - limit possessions, keep games close and allow a bad break or two to beat you. It's literally the textbook example of what underdogs try to do to beat superior teams.

And you want to do it to ourselves. That's just asinine.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 60
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up