ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 60
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:41 AM 11-11-2019
Saunders only played 25% of the defensive snaps and Ragland only played 17 snaps!! We also sat Pennel. No wonder why we couldn’t stop the run
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:41 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That shit Winchester did is literally a cuttable offense, you have one job, 1 and you what you did lost a game.
Yep
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:43 AM 11-11-2019
I know an important game against an AFC opponent, who have problems against, is a great time to try and get your rookie RB some playing time.

Stupid fucking choices.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:44 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I would find the 14-15 or whatever defensive players that are going to consistently bust their ass for Mahomes and the sake of the team and that’s who would play. Regardless of talent. We just need dudes who aren’t going to take plays off at this point and put all the pressure on Pat.
Sorry but the offense gets the blame too.

Sammy’s drop, Damien’s fumble and Pat missed an easy open Tyreek TD with no pressure.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I know an important game against an AFC opponent, who have problems against, is a great time to try and get your rookie RB some playing time.

Stupid ****ing choices.
Thompson only played 5 offensive snaps
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:45 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Saunders only played 25% of the defensive snaps and Ragland only played 17 snaps!! We also sat Pennel. No wonder why we couldn’t stop the run
This is the story of the game. I mean, WTF.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:45 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sorry but the offense gets the blame too.

Sammy’s drop, Damien’s fumble and Pat missed an easy open Tyreek TD with no pressure.
Mahomes put up 450 yards and 3 TDs. We really gonna blame Mahomes? We scored 32 points!! You think that would be enough but nope
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:45 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
I will never understand our defensive strategy yesterday. We have been doing really well with Ragland, Saunders, Nnadi, and Pennel. Titans are limited in the passing game and have a monster running back and we play this game like it’s a pass happy team. All the afore mentioned players had their plays reduced drastically and guys like Niemann and KPass play more
Exactly.

All the hand-wringing over the screen pass (with a lousy interior line and a RB stable that fumbles like crazy) or the TO on the 2-pt (that didn't matter since we only used 1 of those TOs anyway).

The screen was defensible to clever; it was a safe call with a solid chance of working out that the D just sniffed out - happens. The TO didn't matter and I actually kinda understand why he did it.

But what in the FUCK was the defensive gameplan? Why the hell didn't we have Pennel on the active roster? Why didn't we play Ragland? Saunders shows growth for 3 weeks and can't get on the field? Why'd we play that team like they were some finesse short-passing team? What the hell was the defensive staff thinking/doing?

If Reid takes any bullets for yesterday, it's the amount of autonomy he gives his coaches. He doesn't have a hand in the RB assignments according to anything I've read. That's all Bienemy (and he isn't the reason our RB stable blows to begin with). He doesn't select the defensive alignments/gameplan - he puts that on Spags. He doesn't actively involve himself with the STs because he trusts Toub like he's a spouse.

And all of those guys absolutely shit the bed yesterday. Andy is a 'CEO style' coach who doesn't actively involve himself in everything but rather tries to delegate to the extent he's able. And the guys he delegated to vomited all over themselves yesterday. The defense and STs were a !@#$ing trainwreck and at some point you do have to say the buck stops with Andy and if he's gonna have to either put his hand on the tiller or sink with the guys he's putting his trust in.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:45 AM 11-11-2019
Thompson only played 5 offensive snaps
He shouldn’t have been active.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:47 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
This is the story of the game. I mean, WTF.
It’s like Spags thought the Titans were a passing team. Joey fucking IVie got more snaps than Saunders. IVie got 37% of the defensive snaps. Holy hell Spags
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:47 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Andy is a 'CEO style' coach who doesn't actively involve himself in everything but rather tries to delegate to the extent he's able. And the guys he delegated to vomited all over themselves yesterday. The defense and STs were a !@#$ing trainwreck and at some point you do have to say the buck stops with Andy and if he's gonna have to either put his hand on the tiller or sink with the guys he's putting his trust in.
Amen
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:48 AM 11-11-2019
Another fun fact!!

You think we lost the game because we depended on Mahomes too much?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:48 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He shouldn’t have been active.
I wondered at draft time why everybody was excited for Darwin Thompson.

Still wondering.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:49 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That shit Winchester did is literally a cuttable offense, you have one job, 1 and you what you did lost a game.
Let us also not forget that the game-winner LAST week was partially blocked.

What the fuck is it that Toub does around here at this point? Flags on every return, blocked kicks, a non-existent return game and an idiot returner that keeps making the same mistakes.

Our STs have been an abortion this year and probably cost us (another) football game. I mean FFS, if you're not gonna be a solution, at least don't be the problem STs. You're the third wheel along for the ride; stop actively sabotaging these games.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:50 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You think we lost the game because we depended on Mahomes too much?
When you pass so much it allows the time of possession to be shorter as if you were running the ball you would take time off the clock. With Moore they were running the ball but Mahomes first game back he threw 50 passes!!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 60
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up