ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 153
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:36 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Sure, they could have spent more money per episode but to what end? Visually, this series is on par with Rogue One and Episodes VII and VIII, meaning it's the best of the best in terms of VFX.

I may be in the minority but so far, I haven't felt like the episodes needed to be longer in order to tell each story. Longer episodes for the sole purpose of longer episodes doesn't make much sense unless the story or narrative calls for additional time.

I'd prefer more "Chapters" as opposed to longer episodes. 12-15 Chapters per season clocking in at 35-40 minutes would be ideal, IMO.

Maybe they'll get there at some point.

Agree. They obviously made the decision to not go for a deeper narrative. It works for this series.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:24 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
HBO spent $10-12 million per episode on GoT.

Disney spent $15 million per episode on The Mandalorian Season 1 and from my understanding, they're spending $20 million per episode on Season 2.

Amazon spent $250 million just for the rights to the LOTR prequel series and they're spending approximately $150 million per season, which is not far off from The Mandalorian.

Sure, they could have spent more money per episode but to what end? Visually, this series is on par with Rogue One and Episodes VII and VIII, meaning it's the best of the best in terms of VFX.

I may be in the minority but so far, I haven't felt like the episodes needed to be longer in order to tell each story. Longer episodes for the sole purpose of longer episodes doesn't make much sense unless the story or narrative calls for additional time.

I'd prefer more "Chapters" as opposed to longer episodes. 12-15 Chapters per season clocking in at 35-40 minutes would be ideal, IMO.

Maybe they'll get there at some point.
I didn’t want more money for VFX. As others mentioned, Great decsions on going with baby Yoda puppet and real costumes, not CGI. I don’t know what’s cannon and what’s legend that in depth to catch everything. Just wanted more shooting episode time. Chance to flesh out some background on these charectors that I don’t know like you guys.

It’s getting better with each episode. They are hitting almost every note to give the fans some Star Wars universe stories they actually care about.

Now, get me my god damn Darth Vader movie.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:32 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I didn’t want more money for VFX. As others mentioned, Great decsions on going with baby Yoda puppet and real costumes, not CGI. I don’t know what’s cannon and what’s legend that in depth to catch everything. Just wanted more shooting episode time. Chance to flesh out some background on these charectors that I don’t know like you guys.
This is pretty much a Dave Filoni "Season 1". We're introduced to the characters and sometimes the action can be slow. Generally speaking, the best episodes occur at the end of the season but the following season(s) start out with a bang.

This is their general M.O. when it comes to new characters and new Star Wars series so while it can be frustrating at times, the payoff should be really good. That said, I don't expect the same from the Obi Wan series nor the Rogue One series as the audience is far more familiar with the characters and their backstories.

It’s getting better with each episode. They are hitting almost every note to give the fans some Star Wars universe stories they actually care about.
Now that they've established the characters a bit, the last two episodes *should be* really, really good but I'm not sure how much people "care" about the Mando. It seems like people care more about Baby Yoda, which will be a problem if he/she isn't a central part of the show in Season 2. Watching the Mando run around the galaxy chasing "bad guys" could get dull very quickly.

Now, get me my god damn Darth Vader movie.
Unfortunately, I haven't heard a peep about a Vader movie although there is another series in development which I've heard deals with the "Seedy Underground" of Coruscant, set in the same time period of Solo: A Star Wars Movie.

But there is another rumor floating out there about an additional series set during that same period, featuring Dr. Aphra, who's a Marvel/Star Wars comic creation (who happens to be a lesbian) that works for Vader.

That might be the closest we get for a while, even if it's true.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:39 PM 12-14-2019
Longer episodes lose younger viewers. We may feel like this is for 'us' but in reality this is the live action equivalent of Clone Wars or Rebels.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:06 PM 12-14-2019
I don’t mind if they decide to get rid of baby Yoda in season 2. I like the baby Yoda but I’m not married to it as a plot point. They want to drop baby Yoda off on the Planet he’s going to be raised on, find and dandy with me. Season 2 moves on.

Disney already has a bunch of pissed off Star Wars fans. Not having baby Yoda in season 2 would be like not having the Fonz back for season 2 on Happy Days. Baby Yoda is THE breakout star they need. Disney makes mistakes but they ain’t stupid.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:46 AM 12-15-2019
This show is basically about nothing thus far. I'm wondering what the overal plot is moving toward..?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:32 PM 12-15-2019
Yeah I'm a huge star wars fan and really like this series so far but it's all just get a bounty, complete bounty move onto the next one
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:08 AM 12-16-2019

[Reply]
Gravedigger 06:20 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Yeah I'm a huge star wars fan and really like this series so far but it's all just get a bounty, complete bounty move onto the next one
I know, it’s weird, it’s almost like he’s a ..... bounty hunter.... or something.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:18 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This show is basically about nothing thus far. I'm wondering what the overal plot is moving toward..?
Well, you have a potential offspring/clone of one of the most powerful force users to ever exist for starters.....
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:22 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well, you have a potential offspring/clone of one of the most powerful force users to ever exist for starters.....
Or another chosen child considering he's chronologically the same age as Anakin Skywalker
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:19 PM 12-16-2019
Just a heads up this weeks mandalorian drops Wednesday so as to not interfere with RoS opening.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:52 PM 12-16-2019
Really liked episode 6. Am enjoying the more episodic nature of the show and would be just fine with the adventures of Mando and Baby Yoda for a while yet.
[Reply]
007 07:19 AM 12-17-2019
Starting to get bored with it. For such a short season the plot is going nowhere.
[Reply]
Fish 09:14 AM 12-17-2019
The whole pacifist Mandalorian angle they're working right now came off kinda weird in that last episode.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 153
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up