ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 79
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
Lzen 10:24 AM 10-02-2017
We'll see how good Watson is next week. Something tells me he isn't going to have a good game.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:29 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
Me too, but 98% of chiefsplanet HATED watson, which is an extremely positive omen for him

DERP CP GETS STUFF WRONG HERP.

What about Kareem Hunt? Tyreek Hill? Alex Smith? The other dozens of players we come to as a larger board consensus?

Oh but we got that one guy wrong that one time chuckle chuckle we probably get everybody wrong lololololol
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:44 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
DERP CP GETS STUFF WRONG HERP.

What about Kareem Hunt? Tyreek Hill? Alex Smith? The other dozens of players we come to as a larger board consensus?

Oh but we got that one guy wrong that one time chuckle chuckle we probably get everybody wrong lololololol
Are you suggesting that CP has a good track record of evaluating quarterbacks?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:45 AM 10-02-2017
The talking heads who dissed the 2017 QB class are going to look foolish, that's for sure. Mahomes, Trubisky, and Watson are looking better and better as we get more tape on Darnold, Rosen, Allen, etc.

I take Mahomes over any of the guys the Mel Kipers are salivating over right now. The fact that Josh Allen is even considered a possible high first makes me question this great 2018 QB group.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:56 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The talking heads who dissed the 2017 QB class are going to look foolish, that's for sure. Mahomes, Trubisky, and Watson are looking better and better
You know, only one of them has played a down of meaningful football.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:56 AM 10-02-2017
That's a good point. NFL fans in general have NO idea how to evaluate QB play. Neither do most GMs it seems.
[Reply]
oldman 10:56 AM 10-02-2017
It's a case of apples and oranges. Houston badly needed a QB, so the rookie started. Mahomes is sitting behind a guy, like it or not, that is 3-0. Let's re-evaluate in about 3 years. Just my opinion, we got the right guy.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:58 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Deberg thread.
Just the absolute worst.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:02 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by oldman:
It's a case of apples and oranges. Houston badly needed a QB, so the rookie started. Mahomes is sitting behind a guy, like it or not, that is 3-0. Let's re-evaluate in about 3 years. Just my opinion, we got the right guy.
:-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:12 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
That's a good point. NFL fans in general have NO idea how to evaluate QB play. Neither do most GMs it seems.
The odds are against ANY quarterback, no matter how talented, how highly drafted, how highly touted they are.

In the last 10 years, there have been 44 quarterbacks drafted in Round 1 or 2. QBs who stuck as decent long-term starters from that group:

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Matt Stafford
Andy Dalton
Cam Newton
Sam Bradford
Andrew Luck
Derek Carr
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota

You could maybe add Wentz and Goff if you wanted, I'd say the jury is still out on them.

If you restrict it to only the mythical 1st round QBs, you have 29 first round QBs in the last 10 years, and from them:

Ryan
Flacco
Stafford
Newton
Luck

It starts to very thin after that. (The most career yards by a 1st round QB in the last decade that wasn't a top 3 selection... Mark Sanchez. )

The point is, the success rate is pretty low no matter who you are. It's not to take anything away from Mahomes or Watson or anybody else. The odds are heavily against all of them.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:19 AM 10-02-2017
I personally find any generality about "what CP thinks" to be useless. Sometimes individual posters (or a group of them) have particularly strong feelings about a subject and are very vocal about it. Sometimes, they're wrong.

We can barely agree that the sky is blue around here, let alone reach any sort of conclusive consensus about a player evaluation.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:25 AM 10-02-2017
Flacco looks like total dog shit most of the time. His Super bowl run was a fraud it seems. Hope for Alex.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:28 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
I wanted Mahomes so I'll stick with that.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:39 PM 10-08-2017
How do you feel after tonight?
[Reply]
Pablo 09:41 PM 10-08-2017
I still feel like OP is a faggot.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 79
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up