ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 100
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:02 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
I’m not saying we are going to win the Super Bowl or are unstoppable, like some fans here are doing, i’m just predicting ONE game.

BIG difference, though i’m not surprised that some people can’t understand it.
So it isn’t arrogance if you are making an outlandish projection for just one game? :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 11:03 AM 01-05-2021
Oh and that they’ll come up with silly insults when they’re being soundly defeated in a debate.
Soundly defeated? Did you even read his post? Tell us what you disagree with in that post?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:03 AM 01-05-2021
Correct.

As you pointed out, those are the SIX top-10 defenses that the Bills built.
And how did you do against the Chiefs who were a top 6 scoring defense before resting their starters?

That game might be a bit more relevant on the Chiefs board?
[Reply]
diqlix 11:07 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
And how did you do against the Chiefs who were a top 6 scoring defense before resting their starters?

That game might be a bit more relevant on the Chiefs board?
Considering it was nearly 3 months ago, with 7 starters out on one team, and 4-5 out on another, I don't think what happened in that game is indicative of what would happen in a future game.

NOW, if that game happened 3 or 4 WEEKS ago, then yes, I would consider it relevant.

It was recent.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:07 AM 01-05-2021
Woh woh woh.

Back up.

I used YOUR exact formula.

I used YOUR exact comparison.

I used YOUR exact context

You claimed that those comparison of numbers showed that Indi & Buffalo is close.

So I used the EXACT SAME METHOD that you used, and now it doesn’t include context?

Oh my goodness, are you always this hypocritical?
You didn't read my response. Yes, the stats are similar. Although our defense and offense were both better than yours before our starters rested.

But we aren't punching corpses like the Bills or running up the score on teams that quit. When they quit we just run the ball and end the game.

Your team is playing at its peak now. We will play playoff football shortly and you won't have another level to get to.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:07 AM 01-05-2021
Bills are going to blow the doors off the Colts.
And you'll be back to eat cock pie when they don't, right?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:10 AM 01-05-2021
You like stats?

Last Playoff appearance against common opponent.

Josh Allen 1 TD as a WR, no more TD drives against Houston.

Pat Mahomes, 7 straight TD drives against Houston.

See? Stats. Context.

Proven winners against a guy that choked last we saw him.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:10 AM 01-05-2021
I’m not saying we are going to win the Super Bowl or are unstoppable, like some fans here are doing, i’m just predicting ONE game.

BIG difference, though i’m not surprised that some people can’t understand it.
You are essentially predicting the Bills will beat KC and bringing up points and other opinions to validate that. It means in your sad little passive aggressive way you are overlooking your next two opponents. Arrogance on your part.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:11 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I gave that Bills guy every opportunity to discuss how the Bills win a hypothetical second match up in the "Steelers..." thread.

His responses:
-we were injured (like that never happens in football!)
-prior games are not predictors of future results (i.e. the Bills will win next time!)
-Chief will probably win

but 100% absolutely no discussion of what the Bills need to do

So, to me, that just shows that he's not here to talk football, but just to troll, and addressing this guy is nothing but a waste of time.
Yep.

I've given him a dozen opportunities or more to actually analyze the game and tell us why he thinks the results will be different and the above 3 responses are repeated ad nauseam. It's like talking to a robot. No critical thinking skills at all, just regurgitates numbers over and over.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:12 AM 01-05-2021
I’ve given you plenty of context, you just don’t understand it. Or you get mixed up in the conversation. Just yesterday I called you out on getting confused with in the conversation, and you ignored that part. You literally proclaimed that I said something that I never said. Do you want to talk about context? You’re literally putting words in people’s mouth that he never said. How is that for context?

Summary: You create strawman arguments in order to tear down walls that the other person never built.
He already addressed you.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, you've spent almost 200 posts trying to convince everyone how good the Bills are.

Every ****ing argument, the Bills have scored more points, have a better defense, better SOS/SOV, etc.

Do you actually think we buy your passive aggressive bullshit that you think the Bills will lose?

You don't have to come right out and say it, you have 200 posts that illustrate EXACTLY what you believe.

You're being a clown. I hope you're enjoying this and it's some kind of troll sport. Otherwise, you're just a pathetic person with no life.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:12 AM 01-05-2021
Considering it was nearly 3 months ago, with 7 starters out on one team, and 4-5 out on another, I don't think what happened in that game is indicative of what would happen in a future game.

NOW, if that game happened 3 or 4 WEEKS ago, then yes, I would consider it relevant.

It was recent.
Yes, good call. best to pretend the domination you saw never happened.

But you are right in this sense. Your team was so scared of Mahomes that you ran away the whole time. You don't get to run away this time. IF, you don't choke against Indy/Tenny/Balt first then you will get to see Mahomes deliver real punches this time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 AM 01-05-2021
I’ve given you plenty of context, you just don’t understand it. Or you get mixed up in the conversation. Just yesterday I called you out on getting confused with in the conversation, and you ignored that part. You literally proclaimed that I said something that I never said. Do you want to talk about context? You’re literally putting words in people’s mouth that he never said. How is that for context?

Summary: You create strawman arguments in order to tear down walls that the other person never built.
:-)

Truly clueless.
[Reply]
diqlix 11:13 AM 01-05-2021
You didn't read my response. Yes, the stats are similar. Although our defense and offense were both better than yours before our starters rested.
Those stats were from BEFORE you rested!

Originally Posted by :
But we aren't punching corpses like the Bills or running up the score on teams that quit. When they quit we just run the ball and end the game.

Your team is playing at its peak now. We will play playoff football shortly and you won't have another level to get to.
Did you dive deep into the context of the comparison when you did the Bills vs Colts?

Did you talk about how the Bills have won 9 of their last 10, destroying teams, while the Colts needing help from Buffalo to even make the playoffs?

Did you talk about how the Colts struggled to beat the 1-15 Jags and 4-12 record in order to have a chance to back-in to the playoffs?

No, of course not.

You didn't provide any context for your comparison when it came to Buffalo vs Indi.

You only care about "context" when I show that using the EXACT SAME COMPARISON you did, against the Chiefs, shows that Bills and Chiefs are similar.

Hypocrite!
[Reply]
diqlix 11:14 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
He already addressed you.
You're kind of lost Lzen.

You need to follow the flow of the conversation.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:14 AM 01-05-2021
You like stats?

Last Playoff appearance against common opponent.

Josh Allen 1 TD as a WR, no more TD drives against Houston.

Pat Mahomes, 7 straight TD drives against Houston.

See? Stats. Context.

Proven winners against a guy that choked last we saw him.
That's what he fails to understand. The playoffs are a level up. Bills proved last year that they choke under those circumstances. Some QB's never level up in the playoffs...they level down like Lamarvelous. If Allen levels down again this year, then that will be his narrative...can't win in the playoffs. He should just enjoy the regular season they just had...the Chiefs have gotten to the point that the regular season is a prelude to the playoffs.

Win a playoff game Buffalo!
[Reply]
Page 48 of 100
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Up