ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 100
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:47 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Remember though, Chiefs fans are the arrogant ones, not the Bills fans. They are already talking like they are better than us and will beat us in spite of them having to win two games before having a chance to prove it. They have already overlooked Indy and whomever they will play in the second round, assuming they make it and have a potential game against us circled on the calendar. But again Chiefs fans are arrogant.
I gave that Bills guy every opportunity to discuss how the Bills win a hypothetical second match up in the "Steelers..." thread.

His responses:
-we were injured (like that never happens in football!)
-prior games are not predictors of future results (i.e. the Bills will win next time!)
-Chief will probably win

but 100% absolutely no discussion of what the Bills need to do

So, to me, that just shows that he's not here to talk football, but just to troll, and addressing this guy is nothing but a waste of time.
[Reply]
diqlix 10:50 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Now that's arrogance coming from a fan of a team that hasn't won jackshit in the last 25 years! :-)
I’m not saying we are going to win the Super Bowl or are unstoppable, like some fans here are doing, i’m just predicting ONE game.

BIG difference, though i’m not surprised that some people can’t understand it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:51 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
The point went right over your head.

It wasn’t a diss.
the point goes right over your head.

Your team hasn't done anything yet.

Chiefs fans know what 13-3 will get you.

You think somehow the world champions should be afraid.

They're not, because they've proven themselves by becoming world champions.

Your boys haven't won a play-off game yet.

Until then, you're irrelevant.

Win 2 and you'll have our attention, as your team will be an obstacle in The Chiefs' path to a repeat World Championship.

Right now, the only arrogance is yours; and we're familiar with it. We used to BE you. And it always ended in heartache. Many Chiefs fans still suffer PTSD from those years.

That was before Mahomes.
[Reply]
diqlix 10:52 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
How many of these does Buffalo have?

is that the actual ring? All jokes aside, it looks pretty lame. For as disgusting as the patriots are, they are Super Bowl rings did look pretty sweet.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:53 AM 01-05-2021
Remember though, Chiefs fans are the arrogant ones, not the Bills fans. They are already talking like they are better than us and will beat us in spite of them having to win two games before having a chance to prove it. They have already overlooked Indy and whomever they will play in the second round, assuming they make it and have a potential game against us circled on the calendar. But again Chiefs fans are arrogant.
Yeah we are arrogant but we have a right to be since we are the defending Super Bowl Champions & did go 14-1(not counting the Chargers game vs our "B" team) this season.

Buffalo hasn't won jackshit in 25 years! How can they be arrogant?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:54 AM 01-05-2021
is that the actual ring? All jokes aside, it looks pretty lame. For as disgusting as the patriots are, they are Super Bowl rings did look pretty sweet.
Replica's in my Chiefs case.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:55 AM 01-05-2021
Baltimore is starting to get overhyped because of their little win streak. Of their past five wins, four are against teams drafting in the Top 11, with two drafting Top 5. Before this little win streak they were 6-5 and in danger of not even making the playoffs.
Yeah. National analysts/commentators need something to talk about. Lamar Jackson and the Ravens as a true rival to KC is potentially that.

I think Allen and the Bills are a much better matchup for that. This isn't the first time we'll be looking at the Bills as a major hurdle/the major hurdle for the AFC title.

Oh the mental gymnastics people have to go through to excuse the Bills.

Bills beat 5 other top-10 scoring defenses too.
It's called context, bro. You were crowing about lighting up the Dolphins D. I was pointing out why that doesn't hold as much water as you think it does. The Chiefs just saw them and moved the ball at will. And their overall stats are way propped up by playing a last-place schedule and having 4 games against bad offenses in their division. Thus... Paper Porpoises.

Also: Who are the five other teams? Are you referencing stats before week 16? Because I see six games against 4 teams.

Here are the top 10 scoring defenses (whole season) the Bills defeated.

Rams
Dolphins (x2)
Steelers
Patriots (x2)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:56 AM 01-05-2021
I’m not saying we are going to win the Super Bowl or are unstoppable, like some fans here are doing, i’m just predicting ONE game.

BIG difference, though i’m not surprised that some people can’t understand it.
Beat Indy like you should & then whoever you get after that before coming around these parts spouting off...ok? :-)
[Reply]
diqlix 10:56 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Stats without context aren't relevant.

And since you won't accept that, ALL of your arguments are immediately poo-poo'd.

Again, it's not the Bills. It's not their stats.

It's YOU.
I’ve given you plenty of context, you just don’t understand it. Or you get mixed up in the conversation. Just yesterday I called you out on getting confused with in the conversation, and you ignored that part. You literally proclaimed that I said something that I never said. Do you want to talk about context? You’re literally putting words in people’s mouth that he never said. How is that for context?

Summary: You create strawman arguments in order to tear down walls that the other person never built.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:57 AM 01-05-2021
Twice, actually.

Three times if Atlanta could catch an Interception.
Don't count week 17 which was a glorified preseason game. I guess I should caveat with starters. I would have figured you understood that. Either you didn't or purposely being obtuse.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:59 AM 01-05-2021
Let’s do the exact same matchup comparison with the Chiefs and Bills now.

————-

I count 4 wins against playoff teams for Chiefs.

Saints, Bucs, Bills, Ravens.

I count 3 wins against playoff teams for Bills.

Rams, Seahawks, Steelers.

Offense

Buffalo 29.7 Points per game

Chiefs 30.1 Points per game

Defense

Buffalo 23.3 Points per game

Chiefs 21.1 Points per game

Doesn't look like some crazy mismatch on paper, looks very even.

Thank you for telling us how to breakdown matchups, MahomeMagic. Now we can clearly see that Buffalo and KC are equally matched.

PS, all of those numbers above do NOT include Week 17. If you include Week 17, Buffalo blows KC away in these numbers.

Yes, on paper you are correct. The problem for you is that the Chiefs and Bills have been handling this season quite differently.

You love your stats but you never provide context. The Chiefs are the defending Super Bowl Champions. Our goal was to get to the end of the season with the 1st round bye while providing load management. We aren't running 100MPH.

Which is why in games like Buffalo, Tampa, New Orleans, etc you often see the Chiefs get out to a huge lead and then just coast on to the finish line with Mahomes as the closer waiting in the wings.

The Bills are happy to run through the wall at 100 MPH in the regular season. And when you get a team that quits like the recent games against New England, Denver, Miami you don't just run out the clock. It's all about running up the score on teams that quit and punching corpses.

You might find that fun but as you can see, we got here from different places and the regular season victories (this isn't college football) do nothing for us. Hell, in Mahomes 1st year starting in 2018 we would get to big leads early and do that.

The playoffs are a different speed, different animal. And that is where the KC Chiefs will level up and I contend..you won't. You are what you see.
[Reply]
diqlix 10:59 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah. National analysts/commentators need something to talk about. Lamar Jackson and the Ravens as a true rival to KC is potentially that.

I think Allen and the Bills are a much better matchup for that. This isn't the first time we'll be looking at the Bills as a major hurdle/the major hurdle for the AFC title.

It's called context, bro. You were crowing about lighting up the Dolphins D. I was pointing out why that doesn't hold as much water as you think it does. The Chiefs just saw them and moved the ball at will. And their overall stats are way propped up by playing a last-place schedule and having 4 games against bad offenses in their division. Thus... Paper Porpoises.

Also: Who are the five other teams? Are you referencing stats before week 16? Because I see six games against 4 teams.

Here are the top 10 scoring defenses (whole season) the Bills defeated.

Rams
Dolphins (x2)
Steelers
Patriots (x2)
Correct.

As you pointed out, those are the SIX top-10 defenses that the Bills built.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:00 AM 01-05-2021
Because we’re all humans and differing opinions are interesting to hear?

Arrogance...
But the opinions of Pats fans? Stockholm Syndrome.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:00 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
In all honesty, I wouldn't mind the Bills winning it all if the Chiefs can't get there. But then we'd have to see this troll a lot more. :-)
The point though is that the concept of "slow your roll" is totally lost on these Bills fans....they want to come in our back yard, call us arrogant, and act like they've done something in the past 30 years, when all they've done to date is have a very good regular season....

I get it: enjoy it, know that things are looking up, have high hopes for the playoffs, but how about a being a little bit humble, because in reality, you really haven't done anything yet.

But no, not these clowns....
[Reply]
diqlix 11:01 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yes, on paper you are correct. The problem for you is that the Chiefs and Bills have been handling this season quite differently.

You love your stats but you never provide context. The Chiefs are the defending Super Bowl Champions. Our goal was to get to the end of the season with the 1st round bye while providing load management. We aren't running 100MPH.

Which is why in games like Buffalo, Tampa, New Orleans, etc you often see the Chiefs get out to a huge lead and then just coast on to the finish line with Mahomes as the closer waiting in the wings.

The Bills are happy to run through the wall at 100 MPH in the regular season. And when you get a team that quits like the recent games against New England, Denver, Miami you don't just run out the clock. It's all about running up the score on teams that quit and punching corpses.

You might find that fun but as you can see, we got here from different places and the regular season SOS victories do nothing for us. Hell, in Mahomes 1st year starting in 2018 we would get to big leads early and do that.

The playoffs are a different speed, different animal. And that is where the KC Chiefs will level up and I contend..you won't. You are what you see.
Woh woh woh.

Back up.

I used YOUR exact formula.

I used YOUR exact comparison.

I used YOUR exact context

You claimed that those comparison of numbers showed that Indi & Buffalo is close.

So I used the EXACT SAME METHOD that you used, and now it doesn’t include context?

Oh my goodness, are you always this hypocritical?
[Reply]
Page 47 of 100
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Up