ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 309 of 1208
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319359409809 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
In58men 08:10 PM 10-08-2016
Had Dickey's tonight with Mac and cheese and waffle fries. It's not KC BBQ, but it'll do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:10 PM 10-08-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Had Dickey's tonight with Mac and cheese and waffle fries. It's not KC BBQ, but it'll do.

Looks dry.
[Reply]
In58men 08:24 PM 10-08-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Looks dry.
It actually was lol. I smothered it with their spicy BBQ sauce.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:41 AM 10-09-2016
so i did a tenderized country fried round steak with italian seasonings, salt, garlic and onion powder. cheesy cauliflower. all smothered in alfredo sauce. my wife says it was bloody good, im holding out till later before bed.

ETA: yeah it was good. just not italiany enough :-)

still tasted like country fried steak.
Attached: IMG_0497.JPG (170.5 KB) 
[Reply]
In58men 07:19 AM 10-09-2016
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
so i did a tenderized country fried round steak with italian seasonings, salt, garlic and onion powder. cheesy cauliflower. all smothered in alfredo sauce. my wife says it was bloody good, im holding out till later before bed.

ETA: yeah it was good. just not italiany enough :-)

still tasted like country fried steak.
There's nothing you can put on cauliflower that'll make it edible.
[Reply]
scho63 07:59 AM 10-09-2016
There's nothing you can put on cauliflower that'll make it edible.
Half of you guys don't know how to cook or buy the right veggies. :-)

All of you hating on peas, brussels sprouts, and cauliflower at a minimum. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 08:00 AM 10-09-2016

I just saw two rather new locations here in northern Virginia and never heard of them before but they seem to be growing. Concerned it's a chain like Famous Dave's BBQ. Have never tried it and there is a much better option close by I like. http://dcbbq.com/

Can you give a little more detail on the quality, moistness, taste, of the BBQ and what you would compare it to? Also how was the bread and sides?

Looks like they ran that meat through a food processor it's so many tiny pieces.
[Reply]
In58men 08:10 AM 10-09-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
Half of you guys don't know how to cook or buy the right veggies. :-)

All of you hating on peas, brussels sprouts, and cauliflower at a minimum. :-)
I like peas and Brussels sprouts. Cauliflower isn't good, but I did heard roasted cauliflower is pretty darn good.
[Reply]
In58men 08:11 AM 10-09-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
I just saw two rather new locations here in northern Virginia and never heard of them before but they seem to be growing. Concerned it's a chain like Famous Dave's BBQ. Have never tried it and there is a much better option close by I like. http://dcbbq.com/

Can you give a little more detail on the quality, moistness, taste, of the BBQ and what you would compare it to? Also how was the bread and sides?

Looks like they ran that meat through a food processor it's so many tiny pieces.
It's not that bad actually. We don't have much bbq here in Cali, so I really can't compare it to anything. The sides are really good, sometimes the mac and cheese can be a little mushy depending on the time you go. The wife likes the coleslaw, I get mac and cheese and waffle fries.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:17 AM 10-09-2016
I like peas and Brussels sprouts. Cauliflower isn't good, but I did heard roasted cauliflower is pretty darn good.
Cauliflower is awesome. Of course there are very few vegetables I don't like. 1st would be eggplant. That crap is horrible. Hominy by itself, Lima beans.

People can totally ruin squash and zucchini. But done right are awesome.
[Reply]
scho63 08:19 AM 10-09-2016
It's not that bad actually. We don't have much bbq here in Cali, so I really can't compare it to anything. The sides are really good, sometimes the mac and cheese can be a little mushy depending on the time you go. The wife likes the coleslaw, I get mac and cheese and waffle fries.
Thanks.

I've lived in San Fran, Toronto, NY-NJ-PA tristate area, and now DC area all my life so I've been lucky to always have an incredible array of food choices and the quality has been fantastic. Could never live somewhere that considered Applebee's, Carabba's, Olive Garden or the like to be a special treat or the best restaurant in town. :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:20 AM 10-09-2016
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Cauliflower is awesome. Of course there are very few vegetables I don't like. 1st would be eggplant. That crap is horrible. Hominy by itself, Lima beans.

People can totally ruin squash and zucchini. But done right are awesome.
Hominy is the worst. What a terrible waste of good corn.

I'm not a fan of cauliflower or broccoli (or brussel sprouts), but I can't say I've ever had them certifiably "good." I'd be open to trying them at a restaurant or something with someone who knows what "good" versions are.

I love me some peas, green beans, snap peas, squash/zucchini, carrots, and parsnips, though.

I'll bet you'd like my squash. It's pretty fantastic, if I do say so myself.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:44 AM 10-09-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I made an American style dough last night, probably the best I ever made. I'm not sure I could make it again as I had a few beers and just followed a basic recipe and really didn't use exact measurements.

The dough had that perfect balance of softness and final crunch when biting into it that I enjoy. Sorry, no pic of the crumb because it really didn't impress.

So pepperoni, mushroom and red onion pizza was for dinner.

I won't lie

That looks good as hell
[Reply]
srvy 09:35 AM 10-09-2016
They opened a Dickies right by my house haven't tried it yet. I have heard mixed reviews but I imagine it's because we are not hurting for bbq places. The disturbing thing is I drive buy and smell no hickory smoke no smoke at all. I suspect it's shipped then reheated to the sites. Also they don't serve fries at my location. The best I have heard it described is McDonald's level bbq.
[Reply]
Donger 09:38 AM 10-09-2016
Chicken soup and fresh French bread.
[Reply]
Page 309 of 1208
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319359409809 > Last »
Up