ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 152
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Raiders suck thread****
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 07-26-2019
So much fail in that franchise they need an official thread like the Donkeys.

Let's get it going.

Raiders WR Antonio Brown has been placed on the non-football injury list to begin camp, per source

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:16 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Holy crap, I just saw that Sammy Watkins cap hit is $4,241,667 MORE than Antonio Brown's hit in 2019.

That's insane.
Unless he agrees to a massive restructure, this is his last year in KC. That’s why the Hardman pick made sense beyond Tyreek’s situation.

Wouldn’t shock me if the Chiefs took another receiver in the second or third next year as well.

Need to keep Mahomes stocked with weapons.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:26 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, the Chiefs overpaid for Watkins.

When all is said and done the Chiefs will have paid about $34 million for Watkins over 2 years; the Raiders will end up paying about $33 million for Brown over 2 years.

Y'all paid a little less for a better player. But we'll be paying what we're paying for a player that can alter our trajectory in the post-season and who could be instrumental in bringing a Lombardi to Kansas City.

You'll be paying what you're paying for a guy who could take you to 7 wins instead of 5.

So in terms of benefit per unit spent, I'm gonna say the Chiefs came out WELL ahead of the Raiders. Y'all are as irrelevant with Brown as you are without him. Well that's not entirely true - you're a little more relevant with Brown, but only in the same manner as being more relevant if your DC insisted on coaching every game with his dick hanging out.

You're pretty much just a funny little side show that the teams that matter point and laugh at. So Antonio's little helmet/foot issue has at least brought you guys some attention for a few weeks before the real games start and y'all are as quickly forgotten as the Buccaneers.
Nice rationalization.

You could have picked up a WR for half what you paid Watkins and got the same benefit. Tyrel Williams for example is at least as good as Watkins, and getting about 58% of what you paid Watkins.

That other 8 MILLION dollars more that you over paid Watkins could be a pretty good defender that may have made the difference in a Superbowl appearance last year, or this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:27 AM 08-27-2019
Tyrell Williams is “at least as good as Watkins”?

:-)

Get a fucking clue moron.
[Reply]
O.city 08:31 AM 08-27-2019
I do think Tyrell is a good WR, nice #2.

He's not a potential 1 though, Watkins is. Watkins is all about health, but when we're paying our QB peanuts, it's fine.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:48 AM 08-27-2019
Nice rationalization.

You could have picked up a WR for half what you paid Watkins and got the same benefit. Tyrel Williams for example is at least as good as Watkins, and getting about 58% of what you paid Watkins.

That other 8 MILLION dollars more that you over paid Watkins could be a pretty good defender that may have made the difference in a Superbowl appearance last year, or this year.
Williams has a larger cap hit this season than Watkins had last season. So no, Watkins contract had no bearing whatsoever on last season; his figure was minimal. We also have about $20 million in cap space available now so it clearly has no impact on this season.

And the idea that Williams is as good as Watkins barely warrants mentioning.

Just like the Raiders.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:48 AM 08-27-2019
Nice rationalization.

In 2019, you are paying David Carr 1.18mm per 2018 TD pass.

In 2019, we are paying Patrick Mahones 89.6k per 2018 TD pass.

You could've picked up another QB to throw a glowing 19 TDs for you last year and probably paid him half as much. Then you could've used that other ~11mm you overpaid for Carr and filled out the depth on your talent-less roster.

See how easy it is to cherrypick? Those with Derek Carr at QB shouldn't throw stones.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:00 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Unless he agrees to a massive restructure, this is his last year in KC. That’s why the Hardman pick made sense beyond Tyreek’s situation.

Wouldn’t shock me if the Chiefs took another receiver in the second or third next year as well.

Need to keep Mahomes stocked with weapons.
I expect next season will be a CB and OL heavy draft for the Chiefs.

OT's take a bit to develop and if you want options to potentially replace Fisher if he's asking too much, you need to get ahead of the curve. So you draft one next year (and probably another interior OL) and then maybe even another 1st or 2nd day the year after that to address Schwartz.

I'm wondering if the Chiefs didn't see what just happened to Indy and see the dark specter of what could be if they focus too much on toys. Yes, it's important to keep Mahomes well-stocked; it's more important to keep him intact.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:02 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Tyrell Williams is “at least as good as Watkins”?

:-)

Get a fucking clue moron.
Originally Posted by O.city:
I do think Tyrell is a good WR, nice #2.

He's not a potential 1 though, Watkins is. Watkins is all about health, but when we're paying our QB peanuts, it's fine.
I'm mostly just messing with you fellas.

However, on Watkins, when was he last a legit #1? His inability to stay healthy is why he simply isn't a #1 WR.

Look at his career stats.

http://www.nfl.com/player/sammywatki...57/careerstats

Look at the numbers Tyrell Williams put up the year he was the last WR standing in San Diego.

Williams career stats

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrellwill...13/careerstats
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM 08-27-2019

OT's take a bit to develop and if you want options to potentially replace Fisher if he's asking too much, you need to get ahead of the curve. So you draft one next year (and probably another interior OL) and then maybe even another 1st or 2nd day the year after that to address Schwartz.

I'm wondering if the Chiefs didn't see what just happened to Indy and see the dark specter of what could be if they focus too much on toys. Yes, it's important to keep Mahomes well-stocked; it's more important to keep him intact.
Thing is, as long as Mahomes is here, especially with Andy as the HC the Chiefs will be an offensive team. They aren't gonna be a team built on the defense. Now, hopefully as Mahomes gets more seasoned, he can do more with a little less and that allows some more resources put into the defense.

But you've gotta always have him stocked.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:06 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
In 2019, you are paying David Carr 1.18mm per 2018 TD pass.

In 2019, we are paying Patrick Mahones 89.6k per 2018 TD pass.

You could've picked up another QB to throw a glowing 19 TDs for you last year and probably paid him half as much. Then you could've used that other ~11mm you overpaid for Carr and filled out the depth on your talent-less roster.

See how easy it is to cherrypick? Those with Derek Carr at QB shouldn't throw stones.
Our roster was such a dumpster fire last year, 11mm wouldn't have helped.
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 08-27-2019
I'm mostly just messing with you fellas.

However, on Watkins, when was he last a legit #1? His inability to stay healthy is why he simply isn't a #1 WR.

Look at his career stats.

http://www.nfl.com/player/sammywatki...57/careerstats

Look at the numbers Tyrell Williams put up the year he was the last WR standing in San Diego.

Williams career stats

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrellwill...13/careerstats
Watkins first couple years with the Bills he was legit when healthy.

Williams had a great year in 16 IIRC, but he's never really had to be the guy that draws the #1.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:07 AM 08-27-2019
Watkins first couple years with the Bills he was legit when healthy.

Williams had a great year in 16 IIRC, but he's never really had to be the guy that draws the #1.
He was in 16, everyone else for the Chargers was hurt.

He still put up better numbers than Watkins in 17 & 18 while being the 3rd WR in San Diego.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:08 AM 08-27-2019

I hope so on the OL. It would be a crime against all football fans if the Chiefs don't build an OL to protect Mahomes longterm.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 08-27-2019
Thing is, as long as Mahomes is here, especially with Andy as the HC the Chiefs will be an offensive team. They aren't gonna be a team built on the defense. Now, hopefully as Mahomes gets more seasoned, he can do more with a little less and that allows some more resources put into the defense.

But you've gotta always have him stocked.
But if your D isn't giving up 31 PPG, your QB doesn't have to drop back 50 times/gm either. Or more critically, doesn't have to take those longer, more aggressive drop-backs and scramble about to keep plays alive.

A stronger defense gives Mahomes the ability to play a more controlled style that won't necessarily be less productive - it will simply keep him from taking as many hits.

There are many ways to keep Mahomes healthy but it's probably most critical to maintain a balance all around. If you become overloaded one direction or another, you're going to start undermining some of your gains.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 08-27-2019
But if your D isn't giving up 31 PPG, your QB doesn't have to drop back 50 times/gm either. Or more critically, doesn't have to take those longer, more aggressive drop-backs and scramble about to keep plays alive.

A stronger defense gives Mahomes the ability to play a more controlled style that won't necessarily be less productive - it will simply keep him from taking as many hits.

There are many ways to keep Mahomes healthy but it's probably most critical to maintain a balance all around. If you become overloaded one direction or another, you're going to start undermining some of your gains.
Sure, but that's just fucking hard to do.

In an ideal setting, there will be some ebbs and flows with it. Look at the Pats for instance. There are years they're more offensively inclined, and years where the D carries a little more.

Due to the cap and draft and all the moving parts, you've just gotta be able to flow with the changes.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 152
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up