ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 162
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
diqlix 06:53 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
Trying to keep Sammy healthy. While maintaining nipples hard enough to cut glass is a balancing act
I’m glad I wasn’t drinking or I would have spit my drink out!
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:57 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
I’ve been coming here for 8 years.

I’ve always loved Chiefs fans.

It’s hard to give something up you’ve enjoyed for so long, but perhaps I have to.

Differing opinions is always good, and I enjoy them. The entitled attitude “no one can ever beat us, we are greatness yada yada” is what’s gross. The crazy part is, many of the posters that I see doing it, hated it when Pats & Broncos fans were doing it.

Morals are fickle, I guess.
We believe in Patrick. We believe in him because we have seen him work when he is focused and determined. He made believers of all of us with his "miracles." What would it take for the Chiefs to be out of a game? I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know that 24-0 is not the answer.
[Reply]
diqlix 07:05 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Overall, BUF scored just two offensive TDs and two FGs with 13 possessions.
12 possessions. Not 13.

And 1 was a kneel down.

So 11.

Originally Posted by :
In fact, BUF punted or turned the ball over for their first six possessions of the game,[/U][/I][/B] and didn't score a TD until almost mid-way through the 3rd quarter.
As opposed to the Chiefs stellar stat line of 4 punts, 3 Interceptions and a fumble???

Originally Posted by :
Against a team that punted 8 times, and only scored on two possessions out of a possible 12 potential scoring possessions.
I guess the Bills defense gets no credit for that.

Originally Posted by :
What do you honestly think would happen if you gave the Chiefs 13 possessions?

Nevermind, that was a rhetorical question.
Good question. Let’s look at the games this weekend...

Bills scored 26 total points and had 11 true possessions (12, minus one that was a kneel down).

Chiefs scored 33 total points and had 12 true possessions (13, minus one that was a kneel down).

Bills were facing the #3 defense in the NFL. Chiefs were playing the #17 defense in the NFL.

Bills put up 31 points on 10 possessions on that Dolphins D.
[Reply]
diqlix 07:08 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
We believe in Patrick. We believe in him because we have seen him work when he is focused and determined. He made believers of all of us with his "miracles." What would it take for the Chiefs to be out of a game? I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know that 24-0 is not the answer.
I believe in Patrick too. He’s amazing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:08 PM 12-15-2020
12 possessions. Not 13.

And 1 was a kneel down.

So 11.

As opposed to the Chiefs stellar stat line of 4 fumbles, 3 Interceptions and a fumble???

I guess the Bills defense gets no credit for that.

Good question. Let’s look at the games this weekend...

Bills scored 26 total points and had 11 true possessions (12, minus one that was a kneel down).

Chiefs scored 33 total points and had 12 true possessions (13, minus one that was a kneel down).

Bills were facing the #3 defense in the NFL. Chiefs were playing the #17 defense in the NFL.
Excuse me. how many points did BUF score on offense? Because we know it wasn't 26.

Chiefs didn't fumble 4 times.

And saying that you had 11 'true' possessions doesn't really help matters much, but okay.

And didn't we already beat BUF by 9 points?

And no one cares about total yards. Scoring defense is all that really matters. MIA was 3rd in the NFL in scoring defense before the Chiefs showed up. No idea what they are now, but probably not 3rd anymore.

And no, the Bills defense doesn't get any credit when we're talking about offensive scoring. We're only talking about how efficiently the offense scores, because defensive scores aren't reliable, as any Chiefs fan for the last 30 years knows only too well.

So yay for you, BUF scored a defensive TD. Can you count on that every game? No? Then who cares?

Look, going back to the beginning of 2019, the Chiefs score any points on about 67% of their possessions, discounting possessions where it's just kneel downs.

Now I did the math for BUF Last week, but don't have them in front of me here, but probably I found that they scored on about 50% of their possessions on average per game. Slightly more FGs than TDs, iirc. Which is why my first thought when trying to predict the outcome of the PIT vs. BUF game was "BUF should scrape out a win here, as long as Josh doesn't shit the bed like he did against HOU last season in the playoffs." Because this season PIT's scoring efficiency is worse than BUF's by about 15-20%, as I recall.

And everyone got lucky, because PIT still couldn't run the ball, and their entire WR corps has the yips and dropped about a half dozen passes that hit them in the hands.

But like I said, the Chiefs score 67% of their possessions against the league. And even in a downpour the Chiefs scored 5 offensive scores, 3 TDs and 2 FGs. In a hurricane. 56% efficiency. Which, as it turns out, is just a few points under the Chiefs' usual efficiency. Congratulations, your defense is slightly better than league average.

And the Bills? Let's review: 9 possessions. 4 punts. 2 TDs. 1 FG. 3 scoring possessions out of 9 possessions, for a whopping 33% efficiency, against what most pundits would say is one of the worst defenses in the league. Against your "top 5 offense." Apparently our defense is pretty good, total yardage stats aside.

Next point: The Chiefs score above 60% efficiency per game against the league, since 2018. Actually, in 2018, when the OL was healthy for the season, it was around 75%, but who's counting?

BUF scores at about 50% (53%?) this season, which is an improvement over last season.

Final point: The Chiefs score TDs at about 65% per scoring possessions, so nearly twice as many TDs as opposed to FGs, though this season since Schwartz went down, that's dropped off to about 50%.

BUF is simply not in that ballpark. Yet. Maybe never. But certainly not right now.

But right now, if the Chiefs and Bills played a game, and BUF gave the Chiefs 11-12 possessions, the odds are good, based on what we've seen over the last 2.75 seasons, that the Chiefs would score 6-7 times, 4-6 TDs and a couple three FGs. Call it 38-42 points. And BUF would score 5-6 times, probably 3-4 TDs and 2-3 FGs. So about 28-34 points.

Of course, "any given Sunday," is a real thing, I'm only talking about statistics and probabilities here. But when I predicted the score for the Chiefs. vs. Bills earlier this season, I was only off by 3 or 4 points for the game. Helped that there were no scoring turnovers.

Look, you want to toot your team's horn, go ahead. But don't come in here talking a lot of smack about how great the Bills are after we already dominated your team inside a typhoon. It's a bad look, kid.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:20 PM 12-15-2020
Lol @ thinking the Pittsburgh defense without Bush, Dupree, AND Haden is better than the Dolphins D we played on Sunday.

Make up your mind, if week 9 on is the way to go, why are you using season long statistics to prove a point about the Steelers defense? It’s clearly not what it was when they were healthy.
[Reply]
diqlix 07:23 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol @ thinking the Pittsburgh defense without Bush, Dupree, AND Haden is better than the Dolphins D we played on Sunday.

Make up your mind, if week 9 on is the way to go, why are you using season long statistics to prove a point about the Steelers defense? It’s clearly not what it was when they were healthy.
Those weren’t my stats. I didn’t make that graphic.
[Reply]
diqlix 07:24 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Excuse me. how many points did BUF score on offense? Because we know it wasn't 26.
Are the Buffalo Bills only allowed offensive points?

I’m not sure what the point is?

Is the point that the Chiefs offense is better? Because I have no argument there.

Chiefs offense is legendary.

But football is a team game.

Offense, defense, special teams, everything.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:25 PM 12-15-2020
The Bills sure looked like the best team in the league against the Chiefs.

Yeah. Scoreboard.
[Reply]
mdstu 07:29 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)

Oh shut up. Bills fans were some of the most entitled assholes in the NFL on their way to losing 4 Superbowls. Even before the game this year you guys were running your mouths. You are nothing here and your holier than thou condescending post are a joke. Feel free to fuck off to a Bills board.
Yeah, I think our new friend might be showing his age.

"Entitled assholes" is exactly how I would describe Bills fans in the 80's and 90's.
[Reply]
diqlix 07:31 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by mdstu:
Yeah, I think our new friend might be showing his age.

"Entitled assholes" is exactly how I would describe Bills fans in the 80's and 90's.
We’re you folks spending a lot of time in Buffalo pre-internet?

How did you judge this?
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:34 PM 12-15-2020
He said the Bills have been playing better over the past 4 weeks.

Not just last week.

The Bills are a hail mary fluke play away from winning 7 games in a row:

And against technically harder competition (The Bills SOV is higher than any playoff team, including the Chiefs).

The Chiefs are having some struggles. They let Miami get back in the game and the redzone offense is not as good as it was. That’s what he said.
Yeah, and the Bills let the Cards back into their game and they were up on Seattle 24-7 (I understand that I'm arguing his point and not yours). I suspect the Seahawks weren't ever really in that game though, much like the Dolphins.

In general though, I just look at playoff opponents and not so much hotness or what teams do against non-playoff teams, and the Bills have some impressive wins... I'm sure more than the vast majority of the league.

Sounds like something a Patriot fan would say.

Sorry, I just find it gross.

The entitlement that some Chiefs fans have developed is a big turn off to me.

Chief kingdom was never like this before.

Mahomes is literal greatness, but even the GOAT QB won Super Bowls in less than 30% of his seasons.

Other teams will always be a threat.
I do think some (or a lot) gets lost in translation when reading message boards... of course, some people are dicks and will always be dicks, but I'm sure some of the confidence comes off as entitlement, especially when going back and forth on specific topics, as people get more and more entrenched in their own opinion.

I'm personally highly confident in any game the Chiefs play, and will hopefully be for years to come... but, also well aware the margin of victory is slim against even 'ok' teams, much less true contenders. And even though we're all currently laughing at the crop of young QBs, they're obviously not void of talent, either.

And if you need a refreshing inferiority complex, just scroll through any GDT. It's where the Chiefs are terrible and can do no good and can never win by enough.... :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:35 PM 12-15-2020
Colin must reeeeally miss the old BCS.

He wants to go back to determining the best team by style points.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:40 PM 12-15-2020
First jeff.fisher, then steelerdane (a mere 3 weeks ago), now this guy....

I bet we won't see him again when the Donks beat the Bills on Saturday.....
[Reply]
alanm 07:43 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I can kind of see how Patriots fans turned into raging douchebags after 20 years of this.... there's always a "next team that can beat the Patriots" or "next rival" or "next dynasty" or "next Brady" and then every time they don't win the SB it's "dynasty's over" until they win another.

I'm sure the media is a bit more desperate at the moment though, since there was at least Manning to fill the rival void for many years.
Hate to say it but I'm seeing some Chiefs fans turning into raging douchebags with their over confidence. It's unbecoming of us Chiefs fans. I'd hate to see this fan base as despised as the Patriot or Bronco's fan base is. :-)
[Reply]
Page 103 of 162
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Up