ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 315
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:56 PM 03-04-2019
I don't seem to be able to add anyone to my draft board anymore.
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:05 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I don't seem to be able to add anyone to my draft board anymore.
Scratch that, I'm a moron.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:11 PM 03-04-2019
Dang. Brandon Brooks was the #2 guy on my list.
[Reply]
brorth 10:43 PM 03-04-2019
I've been a little surprised at the rate some of these positions have thinned. Brandon Brooks was the only RG left on my board, and I feel like I have a pretty robust big board.
[Reply]
carlos3652 11:05 PM 03-04-2019
not even 1/2 way through the draft yet.... slim pickems
[Reply]
cdcox 12:01 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
not even 1/2 way through the draft yet.... slim pickems
And we are drafting over 24 teams instead of 32. The NFL is about making the best in the face of attrition.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:23 AM 03-05-2019
So how do injuries work? If a player missed 3 regular season games does this match the weeks missed exactly, say week 8, 12, 13 or is it random?
[Reply]
wheeler08 07:32 AM 03-05-2019
When do we bump up the draft clock?
[Reply]
lewdog 07:40 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
When do we bump up the draft clock?
Hey fuck you!

I like only having to make 2 picks a day. Gives me time at night to set a board and draft quickly during the day.

Fuck you!!!!! Still plenty of decent players left.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:11 AM 03-05-2019
Lew hasn't had his coffee yet...
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:27 AM 03-05-2019
Time to go offense DJ
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:28 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Hey fuck you!

I like only having to make 2 picks a day. Gives me time at night to set a board and draft quickly during the day.

Fuck you!!!!! Still plenty of decent players left.
You seem nice
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:31 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So how do injuries work? If a player missed 3 regular season games does this match the weeks missed exactly, say week 8, 12, 13 or is it random?
The weeks match exactly. However, we have different rules for the playoffs since we have to have some subjectivity there. Here's what the rulebook says:

Player Availability
What it is: In the Sandbox universe, you'll know your player availability for the entire season as you enter Week 1. Since the Sandbox season follows the NFL season, you'll know which NFL players got injured and when, so you can work around it.

When you can do it: Player availability will be posted prior to Week 1 of the Sandbox season in February. Of course, you can keep an eye on player availability beforehand by watching the NFL during the Sandbox offseason.

Where it is: Under your team name on the menu bar, select "Player Availability".

Player availability each week in the Sandbox season is linked to each player's week-by-week availability in the previous season's NFL games. In general, the player's availability the previous NFL season will be identical to his availability in the current Sandbox season. If, for example, Sid Luckmann played in Weeks 1 through 4 of the NFL season and was then injured for the year, he will be available in Weeks 1 through 4 of the Sandbox season and will then be injured for the year.

There are some exceptions to the rule, and they're generally judgment calls. For example, some players may be released from teams or injured with a questionable status or on practice squads, and it's unclear whether they were truly available to play or not. Also, if a player's team doesn't make the playoffs, no one knows if he would have been available in the Super Bowl or not. So while you can use player availability stats on other sites as a general rule, recognize that the Sandbox system may differ slightly, and you have to play in the Sandbox universe. Sometimes it's a bummer when a player doesn't show up as available, but hey, that's life. Deal with it, just like NFL GMs have to deal with surprises.

The good news is that you won't be surprised from week to week. The Sandbox system will show you the player's availability for the full season once the season begins. Click on your team name in the toolbar, and then select "Player Availability".

Note that we don't have bye weeks in Sandbox football. The availability calendar is based on the Game Number, not the Week Number. So for example, if Gino Marchetti misses the 9th game of the season in the NFL, but had his bye week in Week 4, he missed Week 10 in the NFL, but he will miss Week 9 in Sandbox.

Note that "Player Availability" will not be available in the Sandbox offseason. You can watch the NFL to get a general idea of how your Sandbox roster is faring.

Injuries

What it is: Injuries occur in the game to the extent that they prevent a player from playing.

When you can do it: Injuries occur every game. It's your job to adjust your depth chart and game plan to adjust for those injuries. Season-long injury reports

Where it is: Under your team name in the menu bar, select "Player Availability" to see when players are hurt and available by week.

Injuries in Sandbox football have some particular characteristics.

First, they mirror the real world. If Sid Luckman plays in the NFL for the first three games of the season and then misses five games and then comes back for the final eight weeks, that's what he'll do in the next Sandbox season. There is no "probable" or "questionable". He either plays or he doesn't.

Second, injuries do not occur mid-game. You have a player for a full game or none of the game.

See "Player Availability" for more information on how to find your players' injury status and plan accordingly.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:39 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Time to go offense DJ
Ah. Fence?

Que?
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:53 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ah. Fence?

Que?
Good job! :-)