ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 174
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
The Marty Lounge>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:02 AM 06-23-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Makers tonight
you spend more on whsky than you do on rent... You to can live a block off of 89th and Holmes.....:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
lewdog 11:56 AM 06-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Wat?

Eagle Rare is shit. 1783 ainít bad, but itís not good either.

Agree to disagree I guess. I canít ever find it here in ATL but in the $25 range I love Weller Antique I believe.
Love Weller Antique. It's so hard to find here that it's around $50 a bottle now.

If you find some for $25 let me know and I'm in! lol
[Reply]
lewdog 11:57 AM 06-23-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You are way off on Trace but maybe you can challenge me on this.... Old Grand is the best 18 dollar bottle you can buy. I havent had it since December because I made the mistake of drinking it while watching the Chiefs play Seattle. It's a good liquor for its price and will get you fucked up.
I am just saying there are plenty of options at the same price as BT that I consider better. I am not saying BT is swill, it's just way down the list for a $20-30 bottle for me.

Old Grand Dad is great. Stick to that and especially at that price!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:28 PM 06-23-2019
BT is a high teens bottle. Period.

When you add 50% more you get decent shit
.

Period.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:45 PM 06-23-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
BT is a high teens bottle. Period.

When you add 50% more you get decent shit
.

Period.
Depends on location. BT less easy to find and $24 here. When I can get numerous bottles at the same price, or a few less (Bulliet Rye, Larceny, Elijah Craig and OGD) I'll do it. And for $5 more per bottle, I can really up my game from BT.

If you're buying alcohol for the taste and can't afford $5 more for a better bottle, you probably live with a roommate in Billay's neighborhood.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:49 PM 06-23-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Depends on location. BT less easy to find and $24 here. When I can get numerous bottles at the same price, or a few less (Bulliet Rye, Larceny, Elijah Craig and OGD) I'll do it. And for $5 more per bottle, I can really up my game from BT.

If you're buying alcohol for the taste and can't afford $5 more for a better bottle, you probably live with a roommate in Clay's neighborhood.
5 is $5 $10 is $10
[Reply]
srvy 05:18 PM 06-23-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
step down the ladder 2 rungs.


I am NOT impressed by Buffalo chips trace. I think I like the Evan Williams 1783 better.
Try the single barrel vintage its pretty good to though 1783 is really nicely priced.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:18 PM 06-23-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Love Weller Antique. It's so hard to find here that it's around $50 a bottle now.

If you find some for $25 let me know and I'm in! lol
Weller Antique's wholesale price almost doubled this year. I believe that $49.99 is MSRP now.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:17 PM 06-23-2019
So I was at a hotel bar in downtown Boston over the weekend. I expected to be paying a premium given how expensive Boston is. Instead, I was privy to some of the most bizarre pricing I’ve ever seen. I took a pic:



Blanton’s the same price as Maker’s? High West American Prairie more expensive than Whistlepig?
[Reply]
Bewbies 10:26 PM 06-23-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
So I was at a hotel bar in downtown Boston over the weekend. I expected to be paying a premium given how expensive Boston is. Instead, I was privy to some of the most bizarre pricing Iíve ever seen. I took a pic:



Blantonís the same price as Makerís? High West American Prairie more expensive than Whistlepig?
Then you go with Blantons, that shit is the bomb.
[Reply]
Bewbies 10:29 PM 06-23-2019
I’ve been drinking Michters various options and Basil Hayden a lot more lately. And just buying stuff I have never had.

Blanton’s is my favorite of the stuff that is not terribly difficult to get your hands on. I’ve got some friends that get all the rarer Col Taylor’s and stuff that is hard to get. Not all, but most of those that cost over $100 a bottle I’d still take Blanton’s.
[Reply]
srvy 10:29 PM 06-23-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
So I was at a hotel bar in downtown Boston over the weekend. I expected to be paying a premium given how expensive Boston is. Instead, I was privy to some of the most bizarre pricing Iíve ever seen. I took a pic:



Blantonís the same price as Makerís? High West American Prairie more expensive than Whistlepig?
Interesting what did you pick out of that bunch. Myself id been on the Rowan's Creek over the Michter's 10. I love Rowan's but its like a rare mineral around KC anymore.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:44 PM 06-23-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Interesting what did you pick out of that bunch. Myself id been on the Rowan's Creek over the Michter's 10. I love Rowan's but its like a rare mineral around KC anymore.
So I started by running through the Sazarac owned ones since I can never find them locally. Then I had a Whistlepig. Then I let the bartender do the driving with a few northeasterners I wasnít familiar with. Discovered that I am not a fan of peated bourbons.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:25 AM 06-24-2019
How liberal was the pour?

I would have camped with the Redbreast myself


Originally Posted by Third Eye:
So I was at a hotel bar in downtown Boston over the weekend. I expected to be paying a premium given how expensive Boston is. Instead, I was privy to some of the most bizarre pricing Iíve ever seen. I took a pic:



Blantonís the same price as Makerís? High West American Prairie more expensive than Whistlepig?

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:24 AM 06-24-2019
Noticed a bottle of Weller 12 inside the case of a corner convenience store on Friday. Asked the guy how much and thought he said $49 and started to reach for my wallet and he said no, it's $249. LOL. No joke.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 174
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Up