ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2642 of 2693
« First < 1642214225422592263226382639264026412642 264326442645264626522692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:18 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Only if you ignore that that Warriors team was running out of gas and had no business even being in the Finals after the Thunder choked away a 3-1 lead in the WCF.
Running out of gas :-)

That's a new one.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:21 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Running out of gas :-)

That's a new one.
They were. They were clearly not as dominant the last 2 series as they were in the regular season. Thst team had no business coming back down 3-1. It took some insane heroics from Klay, and a choke job by 3 known chokers. The injuries were starting to pile up in the Finals. It takes a lot to win 70+ games in the regular season, then keep that energy into the playoffs.

Of course you don't have an iota of objectivity when it comes to anything Lebron, so it's pointless to even argue.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:23 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Let’s not forget the win that he was handed because of a Wilson INT in the end zone when a handoff to Lynch most likely wins it.
I said that in the post you quoted, lol

"And how about Pete Carroll's brain fart on the goal line? He had the best RB in the league and tried to throw it. Belichick's defense bailed out Brady from another loss."

Brady is the luckiest SOB ever, no doubt about that.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:25 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
And the MJ cult still clinging to the past got to it. It was a nice few posts of good logic while it lasted.
This is the absolute epitome of projection.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:29 PM 02-06-2024
Only if you ignore that that Warriors team was running out of gas and had no business even being in the Finals after the Thunder choked away a 3-1 lead in the WCF.

It was impressive, but that Warriors team had injuries and clearly ran out of gas down the stretch after chasing 73 wins. And you said it yourself, Kyrie was absolutely phenomenal. He played at an MVP level too, and made the big shot. Lebron doesn't get all the credit, but it's definitely his most impressive championship.

It definitely made up for the Mavs choke job partially, but it didn't completely erase that. You could never erase that, especially when you're trying to argue that he's the GOAT over MJ.
Fair enough. I would never give Lebron all the credit, but that was still the defining championship that he was a part of.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:31 PM 02-06-2024
Fair enough. I would never give Lebron all the credit, but that was still the defining championship that he was a part of.
Don't get me wrong, as great as Kyrie was, Lebron was even better. He was fantastic in that series, and solidified himself as the #2 player all-time IMO.

What I'm saying is it wasn't such an otherworldly individual accomplishment that it cancels out the Mavs choke job when you're making the GOAT argument.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:31 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I said that in the post you quoted, lol

"And how about Pete Carroll's brain fart on the goal line? He had the best RB in the league and tried to throw it. Belichick's defense bailed out Brady from another loss."

Brady is the luckiest SOB ever, no doubt about that.
:-) I completely missed that.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:34 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If anyone could ever say they were like MJ it's probably Joe Montana. 4-0 SB record and a 127 rating with 11 TD's and 0 INT's in the SB.

That's never gonna be broken IMO
He was awesome in those games, but not so awesome in some of the other Playoff games. He had a ton of turnovers in that famous NFC title game where he hit the big touchdown pass to Dwight Clark.

Got a lot of help from the Niner defense throughout the 1980's. Consistently a Top 2 or 3 defense in an era of great defenses around the league. That Niner defense somehow shutdown Dan Marino in the Super Bowl, the same season that Marino had the GOAT season of any quarterback.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:36 PM 02-06-2024
If anyone could ever say they were like MJ it's probably Joe Montana. 4-0 SB record and a 127 rating with 11 TD's and 0 INT's in the SB.

That's never gonna be broken IMO
I don't think it's about the championships, although winning and doing it playing at an insanely high level certainly helps.

Patrick is the MJ of football for me because he's just clearly the fucking best if you watch him play. All of the other shit is secondary for me.

Their competitive drive and pettiness are the icing on the cake.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:36 PM 02-06-2024
I think it's just that nobody is going to beat you up for any SB losses after you win 7 :-)
I think the issue with Brady is that he’s never the reason they lose, but always the reason they win. It’s as if Brady and Brady alone are the reason for all 7 of his rings (as the argument for why Belechick is nothing without Brady) despite plenty of evidence that it was more than just him. Of Mahomes’ two rings so far it would take someone just having an axe to grind to think he was carried to either.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:46 PM 02-06-2024
I think the issue with Brady is that he’s never the reason they lose, but always the reason they win. It’s as if Brady and Brady alone are the reason for all 7 of his rings (as the argument for why Belechick is nothing without Brady) despite plenty of evidence that it was more than just him. Of Mahomes’ two rings so far it would take someone just having an axe to grind to think he was carried to either.
Well, in ten seasons without Brady, Belichick is a sub .500 coach. You tell me.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:51 PM 02-06-2024
I don't think it's about the championships, although winning and doing it playing at an insanely high level certainly helps.

Patrick is the MJ of football for me because he's just clearly the ****ing best if you watch him play. All of the other shit is secondary for me.

Their competitive drive and pettiness are the icing on the cake.
I agree. I think it's just different for Mahomes. It sucks that he's being launched into Tom Brady comparisons this week bc the Boston area douchebags are insufferable and Twitter, which MJ and Brady for most of his career, didn't have to endure.

I don't think Mahomes needs to break the rings record. It sucks that he's 0-2 against Brady in the playoffs even though context clearly shows Mahomes was awesome in both games.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:57 PM 02-06-2024
I agree. I think it's just different for Mahomes. It sucks that he's being launched into Tom Brady comparisons this week bc the Boston area douchebags are insufferable and Twitter, which MJ and Brady for most of his career, didn't have to endure.

I don't think Mahomes needs to break the rings record. It sucks that he's 0-2 against Brady in the playoffs even though context clearly shows Mahomes was awesome in both games.
Really a shame Dee Ford lined up offsides. Patrick outplayed Brady in that game. Brady threw 2 INT's and would have a 3rd INT on the Dee Ford play. One of those INT's was in the end zone and cost the Patriots 7 points to go up 21-0, a pretty huge mistake by Brady which gave the Chiefs enough juice to pull off a strong comeback in the 2nd half.

People also forget Brady threw 3 INT's against the Packers in the NFC title game. He has had remarkable luck hanging over him in his career.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:05 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Really a shame Dee Ford lined up offsides. Patrick outplayed Brady in that game. Brady threw 2 INT's and would have a 3rd INT on the Dee Ford play. One of those INT's was in the end zone and cost the Patriots 7 points to go up 21-0, a pretty huge mistake by Brady which gave the Chiefs enough juice to pull off a strong comeback in the 2nd half.

People also forget Brady threw 3 INT's against the Packers in the NFC title game. He has had remarkable luck hanging over him in his career.

And got bailed out at the end of the NFC championship game on some ticky tack defensive holding call away from the ball if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DRM08 09:17 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Brady got bailed out at the end of the NFC championship game on some ticky tack defensive holding call away from the ball if I remember correctly.
Running theme of his career, going all the way back to the 2002 Tuck Rule fumble in the snow. Lol
[Reply]
Page 2642 of 2693
« First < 1642214225422592263226382639264026412642 264326442645264626522692 > Last »
Up