ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 100
« First < 354142434445 464748495595 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:03 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Why though? KC has beaten them three times in a row and the last two were not really close. The Chiefs are a horrible matchup for them. Plus their win streak is fools gold. Four wins against teams picking in the Top 11 with two being in the Top 5 (Jacksonville #1). Before that they were on the outside looking in at 6-5. Cleveland who barely made it into the playoffs is their "signature win". If I were the Jets I might be scared of them.
I personally think they don't matchup well with Tennessee either so this week's game will be interesting to watch.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:03 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
man, these Bills fans are really invested in the Bills winning it all this year, after 26 years of doing nothing....

I mean, children were born, graduated high school and college (not Bills fans, but just people in general), got married, and had their own children who still haven't seen the Bills do jack yet.

But I digress....

While I want the Chiefs to roll to a second straight Super Bowl win, if they somehow do not, I hope the Bills do win it all

But not because I like the Bills, but rather these idiots light themselves on fire, jump off 10' high platforms, do flips and smash tables when there was nothing to root for (i.e. the ultimate attention whores....)

What are they going to do when they get bounced from the playoffs? They are likely to fling themselves off of buildings in a fiery death (cue guy out the window gif).

On second thought....I can't wait for them to get bounced.....
In all honesty, I wouldn't mind the Bills winning it all if the Chiefs can't get there. But then we'd have to see this troll a lot more. :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 10:16 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Physically he's close to washed. But he still sees the field well and throws with great anticipation. Using play-action he will get easy shots at WR's like TY Hilton and Pittman in the middle of the field.
He's still Rivers and has nothing with far more talent. I will wait for him to win before I believe he can.
[Reply]
diqlix 10:21 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Jonathan Taylor has been smoking hot the last 5 games too.
3 of those games were against teams with a combined record of 9-39.

I’m sure that’s at least part of it...
[Reply]
diqlix 10:24 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Oh, that Dolphins scoring defense!

They’re paper porpoises, propped up by a last place schedule and getting to play two games against the Jets.

The Dolphins had 6 games against top 15 scoring offenses. They gave up 211 points in those games (35 PPG). They gave up 155 points in the 5 games before the blowout Sunday (31 PPG).

They were NOT close to as good on defense as they looked. Congrats on lighting them up, though, I guess.

As always with stats, context matters.

The Chiefs were 5-0 against teams that finished in the top 8 in scoring defense and none of them had the ball in the 4th quarter with a chance to tie or take the lead. Just like the Bills.
Oh the mental gymnastics people have to go through to excuse the Bills.

Bills beat 5 other top-10 scoring defenses too.
[Reply]
diqlix 10:25 AM 01-05-2021
No clue why a Bills fan would care about the opinion of a Pats fan. Must be Stockholm Syndrome or something.
Because we’re all humans and differing opinions are interesting to hear?

Arrogance...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:26 AM 01-05-2021
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ran...s-1-5-by-other

Ranking vs teams ranked 1-5

1. Kansas City (3-0) 17.0
20. Buffalo (0-1) -4.1
[Reply]
diqlix 10:26 AM 01-05-2021
Not really. Buffalo failed to score more than their opponents three times this year. KC? Once. Congrats on having more bulk points on the year. You can celebrate that while watching your team play Saturday and the lesser scoring Chiefs will enjoy their bye.
Twice, actually.

Three times if Atlanta could catch an Interception.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:27 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:

Did you know Einstein ****ed and married his cousin?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
diqlix 10:27 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Scoring defense would be the most relevant. Which was #6 before they rested starters. And they held your offense to 200 yds and 17 points.

But I realize you just became a fan a few weeks ago.
Ok so scoring defense is the go to?

No problem, Bills are 6-0 against top-10 scoring defense.

They also put up 56 points (42 of which were on offense) against the #1 scoring defense.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:30 AM 01-05-2021

Translation: You didn’t actually watch the Bills/Dolphins game Sunday.

Are you back for another 120+ post day to obsess over an opponent your alleged team might play in three weeks?

[Reply]
diqlix 10:30 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I count 3 wins against playoff teams for Colts.

Packers, Titans, and Bears.

I count 3 wins against playoff teams for Bills.

Rams, Seahawks, Steelers.

Using stats before this weekend (as I don't care about Buffalo's backup QB throwing bombs on a team that quit)

Offense

Buffalo 29.7 Points per game 6th overall

Indianapolis 28.2 Points per game 9th overall

Defense

Buffalo 23.3 Points per game 15th overall

Indianapolis 23.2 Points per game 12th overall

Doesn't look like some crazy mismatch on paper, looks very even.
Let’s do the exact same matchup comparison with the Chiefs and Bills now.

————-

I count 4 wins against playoff teams for Chiefs.

Saints, Bucs, Bills, Ravens.

I count 3 wins against playoff teams for Bills.

Rams, Seahawks, Steelers.

Offense

Buffalo 29.7 Points per game

Chiefs 30.1 Points per game

Defense

Buffalo 23.3 Points per game

Chiefs 21.1 Points per game

Doesn't look like some crazy mismatch on paper, looks very even.

Thank you for telling us how to breakdown matchups, MahomeMagic. Now we can clearly see that Buffalo and KC are equally matched.

PS, all of those numbers above do NOT include Week 17. If you include Week 17, Buffalo blows KC away in these numbers.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:34 AM 01-05-2021
Ok so scoring defense is the go to?

No problem, Bills are 6-0 against top-10 scoring defense.

They also put up 56 points (42 of which were on offense) against the #1 scoring defense.
One thing I've determined to be true in football is scoring margin is not a good indicator of elite teams like it is in basketball and baseball. The ability for a team to play situational football is the key. Alot of frauds like the Ravens can run it up on people. Ohio State used to do it too and always choke in the bowl games. Josh Allen needs to show he's a better decision maker when it's crunch time. I saw him totally melt down in the playoffs. I'm not saying he can't do it because he's a talent, but I won't believe it until I see it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:34 AM 01-05-2021
6 posts in 10 minutes. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:35 AM 01-05-2021
Because we’re all humans and differing opinions are interesting to hear?

Arrogance...
Why are you here? Like seriously.

Your team hasn't won a play-off game since Bill Clinton was president.

Your QB completely melted down in last year's play-off game.

This board consists of fans of the World Champion Kansas City Chiefs.

You want to know how many times we went 13-3 and were exactly where you are right now?

You want to know how that went?

Until you win a play-off game, it's all bullshit and no, we don't take you or your team seriously.

If you win two, maybe we'll see you in Arrowhead and I guarantee you'll have The Chiefs' attention.

Until then you're just some jack-ass troll, same as the 49'ers trolls, and the Titans trolls, and the Ravens trolls, and so on, and so on. They all did this SAME THING, and then they all disappeared.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 100
« First < 354142434445 464748495595 > Last »
Up