ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1765 of 3903
« First < 765126516651715175517611762176317641765 176617671768176917751815186522652765 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:52 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I guess it's bad for kids...

https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief.../07/flu-update
Interesting info. Thanks.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:16 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You know I would bet some were. My Son’s pediatrician told us she has treated more kids for pneumonia this year than she ever has. Again, what a coinkydink.
Yes quite a coincidence since kids are the age group that has been overwhelming our hospitals with covid 19.

Quite a coincidence too that nobody noticed all the tent cities hospitals had to set up as a massive influx of patients that each spent two three weeks in intensive care.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:32 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yes quite a coincidence since kids are the age group that has been overwhelming our hospitals with covid 19.

Quite a coincidence too that nobody noticed all the tent cities hospitals had to set up as a massive influx of patients that each spent two three weeks in intensive care.
Yeah all those tents that aren't being used save a few in NYC?

Yeah, spare me your sarcasm. Last month CA was begging people to come out of retirement to help the hospitals only to end up laying people off instead.

But it seems you got it all figured out.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:33 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Wait what? I’m 7 days out from my known exposure (last day worked) and have been at home this entire time. My test came back positive today. I get tested again Sunday. I must have 2 negative tests in a row to go back to work.

Hamas, what’s likelihood of my positive result not being accurate? Does that happen like all these false negatives?
Did you have any symptoms?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:37 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Did you have any symptoms?
I had none and still have no symptoms outside of a very MINOR sore throat that feels very similar to what it feels like with my allergies (Right now is high allergy time in Phoenix, lots of blooming). So honestly, no symptoms.

I've been getting up early and working out, Walking 2-3 miles every other day and swimming in the afternoon.

I plan to lift weights in my garage at 5:30 tomorrow morning.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:40 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Still better than LA.

It takes 45 minutes or more each way to drop off and pick up my Middle Schooler, whose school is 4.6 miles from my home.
I can't imagine that. When I taught in Iowa- I met 6 cars in 30 miles. Usually the same 6.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:44 PM 05-01-2020
I had none and still have no symptoms outside of a very MINOR sore throat that feels very similar to what it feels like with my allergies (Right now is high allergy time in Phoenix, lots of blooming). So honestly, no symptoms.

I've been getting up early and working out, Walking 2-3 miles every other day and swimming in the afternoon.

I plan to lift weights in my garage at 5:30 tomorrow morning.
Youre probably fine but with the asymptomatic bullshit who knows. My job had 4 people "exposed to it" was the wording. Then the next week 5 more before they shut us down that was late March. We have thousands in our building and they wouldnt say what department.

I'm treating this like HPV I've probably been exposed to it so I try and limit my interactions.

The opening phases are a nice idea without better testing and limiting those who have underlying conditions I feel like were just going back to square 1.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:46 PM 05-01-2020
I tested positive. I’m 7 days quarantined from my exposure at work.

I have no symptoms with my positive test. Hope that continues.
Sorry to hear that. Glad you’re okay. For real, let me know if you need anything, even if it’s just to talk.

Also, don’t fucking die on me and leave me with only fucking edave and Scho to watch games with.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:53 PM 05-01-2020
I'm glad you're feeling ok Lew.

The sad thing is theres people like Peter who will continue to compare this to the cold and people will act less responsible and pass this on to people where there bodies response will be much worse.
[Reply]
Pants 09:58 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And neither is a vaccine.

60 years since the human coronavirus family was discovered and there has not been a single effective/scalable vaccine created for any type of coronavirus.
We (humanity) have never had to try hard.

This is different.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:05 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
We (humanity) have never had to try hard.

This is different.
Just the cold
[Reply]
petegz28 10:14 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm glad you're feeling ok Lew.

The sad thing is theres people like Peter who will continue to compare this to the cold and people will act less responsible and pass this on to people where there bodies response will be much worse.
Go fuck yourself. You're going back to work and your parents I am sure will be happy to have you out of the fucking house for a while.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:20 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Go fuck yourself. You're going back to work and your parents I am sure will be happy to have you out of the fucking house for a while.

[Reply]
petegz28 10:23 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
:-):-)
[Reply]
petegz28 10:35 PM 05-01-2020
Things are starting to get dicey in CA...

Originally Posted by :
Protests mark growing unrest with California stay-home order
On the state’s northern end, rural Modoc County, home to about 9,000 people, became the first to defy the state’s shutdown orders.

The county is “moving forward with our reopening plan,” said Heather Hadwick, the county’s deputy director of emergency services, who added that the county has no reported COVID-19 cases.

Hadwick said the county had not heard from the governor about its reopening plan, but she asserted it aligns with Newsom’s indicators for reopening. Schools were not opening Friday, but it was an option for districts that can accommodate preventative measures, she said.

“We are utilizing his guidance of those plans, and we have zero cases,” she wrote. “Our residents were moving forward with or without us. We really needed to create guidelines for them so that they could do this in the safest way possible.”
https://apnews.com/32d5564a7774aae7c2b45b850d1000f5
[Reply]
Page 1765 of 3903
« First < 765126516651715175517611762176317641765 176617671768176917751815186522652765 > Last »
Up