ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 173
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
scho63 03:11 PM 01-09-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I have to get another liver biopsy in two days since the six specimens taken in the biopsy I had before the end of December ended up showing no signs of cancer. Somehow, the biopsy doctor missed the cancer in there six times. The whole point is to see if the cancer genes have mutated so a specific immunotherapy treatment can be applied. They better not bollocks this one up or I will have to "talk" with the doctor who did the procedure. My team at the center was not at all pleased with the outcome of the first biopsy. I'm glad they are on my side and don't treat it like I am just patient number whatever.

But, I have to go through that all over again, no lifting over 5 lbs. for a week, terrible pains the first day or two after in the area, pain pills and so on. Groan. I really hoped I was past it and could get on with better things. I go back to the doc at the center again in February, hopefully not to find out the biopsy was a failure a second time.
Those bastards should pay YOU for making you come back a second time.

You need to buy the doctor the book "Biopsies for Dummies" :-)

Good luck and let's pray they get this one done right
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:20 PM 01-09-2017
I have to get another liver biopsy in two days since the six specimens taken in the biopsy I had before the end of December ended up showing no signs of cancer. Somehow, the biopsy doctor missed the cancer in there six times. The whole point is to see if the cancer genes have mutated so a specific immunotherapy treatment can be applied. They better not bollocks this one up or I will have to "talk" with the doctor who did the procedure. My team at the center was not at all pleased with the outcome of the first biopsy. I'm glad they are on my side and don't treat it like I am just patient number whatever.

But, I have to go through that all over again, no lifting over 5 lbs. for a week, terrible pains the first day or two after in the area, pain pills and so on. Groan. I really hoped I was past it and could get on with better things. I go back to the doc at the center again in February, hopefully not to find out the biopsy was a failure a second time.
Ugh... All the best...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:36 PM 01-09-2017
You're the toughest sumbitch' I've ever known, buddy. Hang in there.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:00 PM 01-11-2017
I am at the hospital now, waiting. I don't feel very good and threw up three times before my brother and I headed up here. Part of it is not having any food since last night. I woke up too late to get breakfast since they want no food in me 8 hours prior to the biopsy. I am thirsty as can be, too ,but can't even have water now.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:04 PM 01-11-2017
I am at the hospital now, waiting. I don't feel very good and threw up three times before my brother and I headed up here. Part of it is not having any food since last night. I woke up too late to get breakfast since they want no food in me 8 hours prior to the biopsy. I am thirsty as can be, too ,but can't even have water now.
Fast Eddie, it takes big brass balls to be you these days... I'll be praying for your continued strength
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:32 PM 01-11-2017
Let's just get you better, we can drink later! Stay strong... :-)
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 04:33 PM 01-11-2017
Continued prayers for your ongoing battle. God speed.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:04 PM 01-11-2017
Tougher than nails, my friend.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:41 AM 01-12-2017
I was not feeling so well after my biopsy and was sent home despite a 101.9 temperature. I threw uop at least 8 times in the car on the way home and felt even worse, so took my temperature and it was 103. So, off to the ER I went and am staying overnight at the Olathe Hospital.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:22 AM 01-12-2017
Thinking of you buddy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:46 AM 01-12-2017
Christ. What a day. Hang in there bud.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:55 AM 01-12-2017
Feeling better?
[Reply]
scho63 09:20 AM 01-12-2017
I was not feeling so well after my biopsy and was sent home despite a 101.9 temperature. I threw uop at least 8 times in the car on the way home and felt even worse, so took my temperature and it was 103. So, off to the ER I went and am staying overnight at the Olathe Hospital.
Yet you still take the time to post here on Chiefs Planet.....now that's a real dedicated trooper! :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:52 PM 01-12-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Feeling better?
Yes, but I am tired since nurses come in my room every two hours. They are trying to pinpoint a source of infection now, but my fever has broken and I am hoping to go home today, but if not, then tomorrow. I need to get out of here before the storms hit and I can hunker down in the house and watch KC handle Pittsburgh!
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 02:59 PM 01-12-2017
Yes, but I am tired since nurses come in my room every two hours. They are trying to pinpoint a source of infection now, but my fever has broken and I am hoping to go home today, but if not, then tomorrow. I need to get out of here before the storms hit and I can hunker down in the house and watch KC handle Pittsburgh!
Glad you're feeling better. Don't rush things because of the game. I'd stay hooked up to IV antibiotics until I'm sure they found the source of the infection. Get some rest.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 173
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
Up