ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 29
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP Logical (Jim)
Son of Logical 02:39 PM 04-29-2009
Hello All,

As many of you know my Dad (Logical) has been in the hospital since January. He has been fighting a bunch of different problems, and it looked like he was going to beat it, and make it home. Unfortunately, in the past week things took a real turn for the worse. It is my understanding that he has at most two weeks left, but from what I can see myself, it probably won't be that long.

I know he really valued this board and a lot of the people on it. I wanted you all to know that he may of been a person that liked to stir things up, but he is one of the most caring people that this world has ever had to offer. He helped raise my sisters and I to be strong, loving, and intelligent people.

In these past few months, he has again found the Lord, and I strongly believe it is simply God calling him home. Please remember him for the good times, and do not judge him to harshly for the times he gave any of you heck.

He is my father, and a great man.

Thank You,

James

Update: My father passed away this morning at 7:30 am (pst). For the most part it was peaceful, my sisters and I were there with him to last second. He will be missed.

My sister read him many of your replies, and she told me he really enjoyed it. Thank you for all your kind words.
[Reply]
tk13 10:12 PM 04-29-2009
Best of luck to you and your family. Very sad. I've always enjoyed reading his posts for the better part of a decade, and like Phobia said, I always got the feeling he played a huge part in keeping this place financially afloat.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:16 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
The next time you see your father please tell him this board valued him as much as he valued it. I tell you with all sincerity that he will be dearly missed.
Flop said it all right there.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
MadMax 10:19 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by Titanman64:
Hello All,

As many of you know my Dad (Logical) has been in the hospital since January. He has been fighting a bunch of different problems, and it looked like he was going to beat it, and make it home. Unfortunately, in the past week things took a real turn for the worse. It is my understanding that he has at most two weeks left, but from what I can see myself, it probably won't be that long.

I know he really valued this board and a lot of the people on it. I wanted you all to know that he may of been a person that liked to stir things up, but he is one of the most caring people that this world has ever had to offer. He helped raise my sisters and I to be strong, loving, and intelligent people.

In these past few months, he has again found the Lord, and I strongly believe it is simply God calling him home. Please remember him for the good times, and do not judge him to harshly for the times he gave any of you heck.

He is my father, and a great man.

Thank You,

James

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, my family's heart and prayers go out to you an yours. God Bless You....
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:19 PM 04-29-2009
:-)Jim, I love you man, no matter what, pls. stay strong! I'm praying.

-SR
:-)
[Reply]
wazu 10:19 PM 04-29-2009
Prayers your way, Jim.

Titanman -

I'm sure you don't remember, but we met years ago at a Chiefs game in San Diego, where I was organizing a tailgate. I had been scrapping with your dad on the Planet for awhile, but he reached out and wanted to stop by anyway, and I was glad he (and you) did. You are right that he was very nice in person. Your note that he has found the Lord is terrific news.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:46 PM 04-29-2009
My prayers are with you and the family, this is pretty sad to hear, but i am hoping you all enjoy the time that is left and really i don't know what else to say. God Bless
[Reply]
greg63 10:48 PM 04-29-2009
God Bless Jim and all you, James! Thoughts and prayers for you all.
[Reply]
jlscorpio 10:59 PM 04-29-2009
So sorry to hear this. Though I'm a man of few posts, Ive been a member for about 6 yrs. Logical is truly one of the names synonymous with this place. Gr8 news that he has made his peace. It's not the same without him. God Bless your family.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:02 AM 04-30-2009
I'm really sorry to hear this. Good luck to you, Logical.
[Reply]
Slainte 01:22 AM 04-30-2009
My thoughts and best wishes go out to Jim & his family...
[Reply]
Coach 05:02 AM 04-30-2009
I hope you don't mind, but I had the luxury of meeting the man, even if it was just for a temporarly time, I still enjoyed talking to him.

Stevie with Jim, and I was the one with the sunglasses with the red/white cap on the right, talking to him.
[Reply]
Coach 05:04 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Absolutely,our first year of hosting the fundraiser/bash he was very generous in sending a donation for our 37 Forever swim program even though he couldn't be present.I did thankfully have the opportunity to meet him the following year at the game during fundraiser weekend and he was quite enjoyable to visit with.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.
Dammit! Beaten to the punch on the picture. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Herzig 05:41 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Coach:
I hope you don't mind, but I had the luxury of meeting the man, even if it was just for a temporarly time, I still enjoyed talking to him.

Stevie with Jim, and I was the one with the sunglasses with the red/white cap on the right, talking to him.
Yeah...this was the Redskins/Chiefs game a couple of years ago. I briefly met him and shook his hand.

May God bless him, hold, and keep him.
[Reply]
Braincase 06:04 AM 04-30-2009
Prayers for Logical & his family.
[Reply]
cookster50 06:34 AM 04-30-2009
Enjoy the time you have left with your father, though I'm sure you already know to do that. And one piece of good news, he got to see the dethroning of King Carl!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 29
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up