ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP Logical (Jim)
Son of Logical 02:39 PM 04-29-2009
Hello All,

As many of you know my Dad (Logical) has been in the hospital since January. He has been fighting a bunch of different problems, and it looked like he was going to beat it, and make it home. Unfortunately, in the past week things took a real turn for the worse. It is my understanding that he has at most two weeks left, but from what I can see myself, it probably won't be that long.

I know he really valued this board and a lot of the people on it. I wanted you all to know that he may of been a person that liked to stir things up, but he is one of the most caring people that this world has ever had to offer. He helped raise my sisters and I to be strong, loving, and intelligent people.

In these past few months, he has again found the Lord, and I strongly believe it is simply God calling him home. Please remember him for the good times, and do not judge him to harshly for the times he gave any of you heck.

He is my father, and a great man.

Thank You,

James

Update: My father passed away this morning at 7:30 am (pst). For the most part it was peaceful, my sisters and I were there with him to last second. He will be missed.

My sister read him many of your replies, and she told me he really enjoyed it. Thank you for all your kind words.
[Reply]
JOhn 04:16 PM 04-29-2009
I'm deeply sorry to hear this. Not really sure what to say, kind of stunned. I know I miss him every time I post here. Always there to poke a jab at me or anyone when he thought we needed it, or even when we didn't. Some of the best conversations I have ever had were with him and the other "Nite Crew".

I never got to meet Jim, but he is the one I most wanted to meet in person. I talked to him once on the phone, when my daughter was ill, and I'll never forget his kindness. Several times when I have had troubles or whatever, Jim was always the first to express concern and offer advice etc.

You will be in my prayers, and may you find peace.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 04:17 PM 04-29-2009
Very sad news. Prayers to the entire family.
[Reply]
Frankie 04:19 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider:
If they ever start a Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame he will be in it!
That's for sure.
[Reply]
2bikemike 04:19 PM 04-29-2009
Wow, so sorry to hear this. I only met your dad once at a game in San Diego in fact I believe your were there as well. I found him to be a cool dude and had trouble believing he was the same guy postiing on here. I always enjoyed Jim's take on things and have and will miss reading his posts.

My prayers are with Jim and your family.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 04:22 PM 04-29-2009
Prayers going up again for you Jim. IMO, you've been one of the Planet greats!
[Reply]
Skip Towne 04:28 PM 04-29-2009
Sorry to hear this. Our prayers go to your family.
[Reply]
NUMBER7 04:41 PM 04-29-2009
So sorry to hear the news about your father...glad he has again found the Lord. I am praying for Jim you and your family. Take care.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 04:49 PM 04-29-2009
James, it ain't over until it's over. Regardless, you have my deep condolensces.

Despite whatever banter may occur on this board, I think I speak for some others who, having the privilege of meeting your father...understand what a good man he's been. Cognitive dissonance is an under-valued resource in life, and has therapeutic value to like-minded folks who are energized by intellectual stimulation. Jim has brought much to this board, and if the Lord is indeed calling him home...he will be greatly missed.

Please express our gratitude to him if you are able. God bless Jim, you James, and your families in this sad time. :-)
[Reply]
Earthling 04:50 PM 04-29-2009
Tiatanman...I am so sorry to hear that Jim, your father, is so ill. I have enjoyed his banter for years, both here and on the old Star message board. He was always sincere and spoke his heart, even when it went against general consensus, and I admire him greatly. Tell him hello and God bless from Old Codger...(My old alias)
[Reply]
1ChiefsDan 04:55 PM 04-29-2009
prayers for you and your family
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
chop 04:59 PM 04-29-2009
My prayers go out to you, him, and your family. I am happy to hear that he has found his way back to the Lord.

I lurk more than I post but I have been around here from the beginning so I have been able to read many of his posts. I didn't always agree with his position on stuff but I respected him as a member of this board. I am sorry to see him go.
[Reply]
SDChiefs 04:59 PM 04-29-2009
Sorry again to hear about your dad bro. He is in my prayers as always. Call me if you need anything.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:37 PM 04-29-2009
I had the pleasure of meeting Jim twice. He was a very kind man.

Prayers and well wishes for you and yours, James.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:51 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Wow. Bad news. That's really tough. I know I never met him, but I did have a lot of respect for him because of his posts.

I wish Jim and all of your family all the best. Hopefully he isn't in too much pain. I will send up a prayer for him and your family.
This
[Reply]
cdcox 05:51 PM 04-29-2009
I'm very sad to hear this. Yes, Jim like to stir things up, but posters like him keep the board interesting. And his strength and kindness were never hidden by his hijinks.

I pray that the Lord grant peace to Jim, James and the rest of the family at this difficult time.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up