Page 28 of 49
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Willie Gay Jr. Thread*****
Dante84 07:30 PM 04-24-2020
More to come!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 08:42 PM 10-06-2020
This is the problem with looking for instant gratification from draft picks. Yeah, he's being worked in slowly. So what? Anybody who read anything about him before or after the draft should have expected that. And it's not all about him: this is a franchise and coaching staff that always plays veterans over rookies. The few guys that do see the field that early are the exceptions that prove the rule.

I think it's encouraging that his snaps are increasing and like many of you I really look forward to the day when we never have to see Ben Neimann on the field again. But it's gonna take time.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:52 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He flashed a few times. It's fun watching him take on blockers. You can see the explosion and power.

Get him up to speed and he's going to be a real weapon on the second level for KC.
I agree. You could see him flash the ability to cover ground in the blink of an eye and showcase his ability to anchor against linemen. He’s going to be fun to watch in the last few games and in the playoffs.

The kid is going to tell us a lot about our coaching from House and Reid’s kid.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I mean, linebacker is a mentally tough position to play. It's going to take a bit for any rookie LB to play. I think we're going to like the finished product.
Yep. And Spags puts special pressure on playing LB's too. It's a tough position to play, especially for this team.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:58 PM 10-06-2020
Good grief people. He's a second round pick who didn't get that much time to play in college.

My hope for him is that he could take over a starting LB spot this year, but let's give him some time to develop.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:59 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Good grief people. He's a second round pick who didn't get that much time to play in college.

My hope for him is that he could take over a starting LB spot this year, but let's give him some time to develop.
Most of us have been saying this for months. :-)
[Reply]
BossChief 09:03 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. And Spags puts special pressure on playing LB's too. It's a tough position to play, especially for this team.
It’s actually very encouraging that they are giving him as many opportunities as they are. They gotta see that ability in practice a lot. Him making plays on natural ability.

It’s very exciting to think about this defense when he gets up to speed and Spags weaponizes him.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:24 AM 10-07-2020
Already worlds better than Neimann

Hey @ByNateTaylor, what month did you keep telling us to wait for? pic.twitter.com/C9UwmZ2tF9

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) October 7, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 09:46 AM 10-07-2020
He’s going to be a beast by the end of the season.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:57 AM 10-07-2020
I wasn't one of the people saying Gay was going to need time. I'm very thankful for the smart posters who knew this and repeated it, because it allowed me to not worry when he wasn't starting.

Great call, guys.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:13 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The 2nd video is the really important one.

In the first video, it appears they are in nickel and he's playing the Buck, which is what we heard all offseason.

In the second video, he's on the WEAK SIDE. Notice that #54 is on the field at the same time.

He's taking snaps directly from Niemann, which is huge.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:23 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The 2nd video is the really important one.

In the first video, it appears they are in nickel and he's playing the Buck, which is what we heard all offseason.

In the second video, he's on the WEAK SIDE. Notice that #54 is on the field at the same time.

He's taking snaps directly from Niemann, which is huge.
His athleticism allowed him to take some bad steps and still get around the block to make the play.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:40 PM 10-07-2020
Are we starting the Gay4Gay campaign yet?
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:44 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I don't remember seeing him this involved watching live. Great videos.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:44 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
His athleticism allowed him to take some bad steps and still get around the block to make the play.
I'd have to go back and see if he was on the field for Harris' 41-yard run but more importantly than the flash plays is that he was on the field for so many snaps and there weren't any huge breakdowns.

EDIT: He was on the field but the run was actually to the strong side, so it was Wilson that got sealed out on the play side. Gay was on the back side of the play (and double-teamed).
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:44 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Are we starting the Gay4Gay campaign yet?
Have you asked the student council sponsor at your middle school?
[Reply]
Page 28 of 49
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up