Page 21 of 49
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Willie Gay Jr. Thread*****
Dante84 07:30 PM 04-24-2020
More to come!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kozzman555 03:20 PM 04-28-2020
Was Willie playing hurt/injured against Iowa? Looking at that vid and watching him, it seems like he is super slow or lackadaisical to getting to the ball when it's not in his immediate vicinity. In several situations it looks like he's barely moving above a jogging speed instead of racing to the ball and trying to make a tackle. Am I reading too much into this?

Yes, this is my first post. Been lurking for a long time, but since I hadn't seen any comments on this, I wanted some clarification.
[Reply]
FAX 04:18 PM 04-28-2020
Is he related to Marvin Gaye?

(I know what you're thinking, but Marvin's birth name was "Gay" not "Gaye".)

FAX
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 07:01 PM 04-28-2020
Is he related to Carl's Jr?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:02 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Willie Gay is gonna be a stud. I hope he brings some nastiness to our LB unit. Wilson Hitchens and Gay is a solid group of linebackers
Nobody ever talks about Wilson but I love the way he hits. He thumps people like Berry used to do.
[Reply]
Pants 12:42 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Total cunt, terrible talent evaluator, hated by everyone....has anyone ever seen kccrow and Scott Pioli in the same room together?
OMG

:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 01:25 PM 04-29-2020
You know I was thinking about this, does anyone think it's kinda fucked up that all these guys have worked their entire lives for the moment of being drafted...

Then if you have any issues, the first thing they'll do is basically talk about what a fuckhead you are for the first 5 minutes of you being drafted. That seems kinda fucked up for someone that may want to go back and see that moment later down the line.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:38 PM 04-29-2020
Leaked footage of W.G.'s pro-day interview

[Reply]
TRR 04:04 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Was Willie playing hurt/injured against Iowa? Looking at that vid and watching him, it seems like he is super slow or lackadaisical to getting to the ball when it's not in his immediate vicinity. In several situations it looks like he's barely moving above a jogging speed instead of racing to the ball and trying to make a tackle. Am I reading too much into this?

Yes, this is my first post. Been lurking for a long time, but since I hadn't seen any comments on this, I wanted some clarification.
I would say yes, you are overly reading into it. He had an interception (nearly a pick 6), had a 1/2 sack, and was used in coverage a ton. I thought he was one of the big reason why Hockenson had limited production through the first 3.5 quarters.

Also, that Miss St. defense was LOADED with talent. Would have loved to see what Gay would have done this past season after much of that defense went to the NFL.
[Reply]
cripple creek 04:30 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Don’t know if anyone has noticed....

Our AFC competition is going to be Lamar Jackson and the Ravens for the foreseeable future...

Look at what the Ravens have done, and look at what we have done.

See any similarities?

Ravens Picks
Queen LB
Dobbins RB

Chiefs
Edwards-Helaire RB
Gay LB

These teams are so close..
we've got such a lead with mahomes over lamer j
[Reply]
staylor26 11:28 PM 05-06-2020

Gay with another example of "Do Your Job PLUS".

Gets forward quickly to cover the A gap at the LoS. Good body control and hands to stay at half man while covering the gap -- keeping the front whole. When backside A is covered, RB bounces playside, and Gay sheds to make the TFL. pic.twitter.com/NSk49CrLgv

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) May 3, 2020

Willie Gay's fluidity and athleticism could help to unlock some of Spagnuolo's blitz schemes, knowing he's got range to cover for a blitzing LB.

MIKE is blitzing w/ SAM cin the flat. Gay moves laterally to cover the blitz w/ eyes in backfield. Jumps the route and houses it. pic.twitter.com/3QalVzkDfF

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) May 3, 2020

[Reply]
Halfcan 12:00 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by kozzman555:

Willie was playing with two broken legs in that game. He also smoked a big blunt before kickoff because he was battling the Covid. I hope that brings some clarity to you. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:30 PM 05-19-2020

#Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo said he expects second-round LB Willie Gay to start at one of the outside positions, filling the role Reggie Ragland filled last year. "(Gay's) a violent hitter, which we love," Spags said.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) May 19, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 01:40 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He’s going to be a badass and a perfect fit with Tyrann, Clark, and Jones.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:41 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
bonah! Get ya bonah, heeya!
[Reply]
O.city 01:42 PM 05-19-2020
I was kinda hoping he'd be in that middle spot to be honest and let Hitchens go back to the weakside.

Maybe that's how it eventually ends up, but I think you actually lose some of his athletic value having him at that strong side spot no?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 49
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up