ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Honey Badger makes commercial for PETA
srvy 02:11 PM 12-10-2019
Honey badger makes it 20 minutes in deep freeze in commercial for PETA on the evils of leaving pets outdoors in winter. I dont know that this warrants a new thread but put a coat on like a dog had badger.

I spent near a week working in a super cold storage facility for the EPA and survived. This is where they freeze turkeys and such for long time storage.I like dogs and frown on leaving them out in freezing temps without protection but common Badger 20 minutes?
[Reply]
lcarus 04:16 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
To be real if you just want to leave your pet outside in shitty conditions why have a pet?
Because people get a puppy and for 2 weeks they love it to death then it grows up and becomes a burden that they just ignore. Seen it a hundred times.
[Reply]
cmh6476 04:23 PM 12-10-2019
I'm fine with the message of not leaving pets out in the cold. But does he realize this is a lobbying organization more than anything else?
[Reply]
srvy 05:22 PM 12-10-2019
To be real if you just want to leave your pet outside in shitty conditions why have a pet?

I have a friend who got mad his neighbor called the cops on him cause his dog was outside when it was like 10, I had to explain to him that leaving your dog outside in that weather is fucked up and then he got mad at me. Basically telling me that people need to mind their own business and animals live outside and people who want to treat them like humans are idiots...yea.
Cattle and hogs have pretty short hair yet ranchers and farmers dont bring them inside. Should we call the cops on them to?
[Reply]
srvy 05:23 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
I'm fine with the message of not leaving pets out in the cold. But does he realize this is a lobbying organization more than anything else?
He would have to be liveing in Nome in an igloo not to know about PETA.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:27 PM 12-10-2019
Yes PETA is a scam, but let’s not get overheated with Mathieu for this absolutely correct PSA
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:09 PM 12-10-2019

I have a friend who got mad his neighbor called the cops on him cause his dog was outside when it was like 10, I had to explain to him that leaving your dog outside in that weather is fucked up and then he got mad at me. Basically telling me that people need to mind their own business and animals live outside and people who want to treat them like humans are idiots...yea.
Certain breeds can survive outdoors just fine. Most farm dogs stay outside all the time as well...they're not really "pets".

Me...I don't give a fuck what anyone does with their dogs as long as i don't hear them barking all the damn time.
[Reply]
seclark 06:51 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Certain breeds can survive outdoors just fine. Most farm dogs stay outside all the time as well...they're not really "pets".

Me...I don't give a **** what anyone does with their dogs as long as i don't hear them barking all the damn time.
And they don’t shit in my fuckin yard.
Sec
[Reply]
BWillie 07:01 PM 12-10-2019

I have a friend who got mad his neighbor called the cops on him cause his dog was outside when it was like 10, I had to explain to him that leaving your dog outside in that weather is ****ed up and then he got mad at me. Basically telling me that people need to mind their own business and animals live outside and people who want to treat them like humans are idiots...yea.
Because it's a dog. We had a labs for my childhood growing up. They were strictly outdoor dogs. Hunting dogs and they had dog houses but that is it. They were fine. They are descendants of wolves. The fact that humans are so arrogant that they think dogs need to be indoors in the cold is just hilarious to me. Maybe a poodle or some breeds but most breeds of dogs do not require coming inside, ever.

It's not ****ed up to leave your dog outside at all. What did animals do before we gave them houses with gas heat? Man, I just don't know.
[Reply]
Bump 07:06 PM 12-10-2019
like others have said, fuck PETA but also fuck anybody who leaves their dogs outside in the cold and neglects them. All dogs want is to be your best friend forever.
[Reply]
notorious 07:07 PM 12-10-2019
Our farm has had dogs for damn near 100 years, all of them outside dogs. Not a single one of them has had frostbite or died. In fact, they have absolute freedom to hunt, ****, and do whatever, whenever they please.

Now, if they didn’t have shelter from wind chill, that’s a different story.
[Reply]
Hog Rider 07:08 PM 12-10-2019
I like the PSA, but PETA is the last organization I would support. Personally, I would rather he talk about the importance of helping your local animal shelters instead of mentioning PETA.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:13 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:

Me...I don't give a fuck what anyone does with their dogs as long as i don't hear them barking all the damn time.
You’re 100% right of course

Most dogs will be just fine with a place to get out of the wind, and curl around in some straw... this kinda message is for the trash out there, not folks with common sense
[Reply]
srvy 07:15 PM 12-10-2019
My guess is this is a wifey thing that Honey Badger was compelled to get involved with. The Badger needs its honey.
[Reply]
FAX 07:45 PM 12-10-2019
So ...

When I was about 11 years old or so, we had a short-haired, liver-spotted pointer named Abe. Now, Abe had a good nose and a soft mouth but liked to break point so he wasn't the best bird dog of all times. Still, he was one of ours. Family.

Anyhow, one day we realize that Abe is missing. We're talking totally disappeared in the middle of a snowy, frigid Kansas winter. Looked everywhere. No joy. Assumed Abe was lost forever. Sadness reigned.

The next afternoon, I was doing chores and one of my responsibilities was working with the horses. Usual stuff. I had to feed them, clean up their stalls a bit, freshen some hay, that sort of thing. For some reason, I entered the tack room and saw Abe lying in the corner frozen absolutely stiff.

Now, I am not exaggerating here ... I bend down to check on Abe and Abe was solid as a board. He couldn't bend his legs, his tail didn't move, and his face was frosty. I couldn't even tell if he was breathing but assumed he wasn't.

So me (poor Little FAX) picked up Abe and carried him into the house (I didn't know what else to do, to be honest ... I mean, I was a kid) and I laid him on a rug in front of the fireplace in the big room.

Abe thawed out.

Abe actually thawed out and came back to life. That damn dog lived another 6 or 7 years.

FAX THE AMAZING VETERINARIAN
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:50 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
So ...

When I was about 11 years old or so, we had a short-haired, liver-spotted pointer named Abe. Now, Abe had a good nose and a soft mouth but liked to break point so he wasn't the best bird dog of all times. Still, he was one of ours. Family.

Anyhow, one day we realize that Abe is missing. We're talking totally disappeared in the middle of a snowy, frigid Kansas winter. Looked everywhere. No joy. Assumed Abe was lost forever. Sadness reigned.

The next afternoon, I was doing chores and one of my responsibilities was working with the horses. Usual stuff. I had to feed them, clean up their stalls a bit, freshen some hay, that sort of thing. For some reason, I entered the tack room and saw Abe lying in the corner frozen absolutely stiff.

Now, I am not exaggerating here ... I bend down to check on Abe and Abe was solid as a board. He couldn't bend his legs, his tail didn't move, and his face was frosty. I couldn't even tell if he was breathing but assumed he wasn't.

So me (poor Little FAX) picked up Abe and carried him into the house (I didn't know what else to do, to be honest ... I mean, I was a kid) and I laid him on a rug in front of the fireplace in the big room.

Abe thawed out.

Abe actually thawed out and came back to life. That damn dog lived another 6 or 7 years.

FAX THE AMAZING VETERINARIAN
So if we just put HB in front of a fire, we should expect more interceptions?

Seriously, love that story.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up