ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>USMCA - Trade Deal Close!
carlos3652 01:58 PM 12-10-2019
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/polit...eal/index.html

Washington (CNN)

House Democrats and the White House have reached a deal to advance President Donald Trump's renegotiated North American Free Trade Agreement after months of negotiations for changes on Democratic priorities, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Tuesday morning.

"There is no question of course that this trade agreement is much better than NAFTA," Pelosi said at a news conference.

If ratified, the trade deal would represent Trump's primary legislative success since Democrats took control of the House of Representatives last November. The pact is also viewed as essential by a number of Democratic freshmen from more conservative districts, who not only support the deal on its substance but also believe a bipartisan achievement will play well on the campaign trail.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:07 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Impeachment will bomb out, then they can point to this.

But I agree with JPB, not a great deal. In fact Trump should scrap it and negotiate for a better one, since Mexico’s economy is in the toilet and Canada isn’t doing too hot either.
That's just it. We don't need another one--at all!

It just lets the wrong people get their foot in the door. All we need is one single bi-lateral trade agreement with each country that simply scraps or lowers tariffs on each side equally. If there is a dispute, it gets settled in the country of origin, so our businesses can use our legal system with it's right's protections in our Constitution, instead of some international trade board. It's no different than being in something like the ICC. If an American business has to resolve something in a Canadian court or Mexican without the protections we have, that naturally encourages not to put jobs there. That would protect our sovereignty and fulfill trade desires.

On top of that, it doesn't create that many more jobs, while it states what parts and where something has to be manufactured. Free-trade my arse! It's more crony-capitalism/corporatism.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:11 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Dems slam Trump when he wanted to negotiate a new treaty- then try to take all the credit for it when it is done.

Worthless.
Let them. So they can get the blame for it later too. Especially when our sovereignty is further eroded and the 3 countries get closer to merger.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:14 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Yes, it is still in there

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...te-pelosi-push

The treaty should be shot down for that alone.
Just disgusting. Another globalist ruse. Thank you Lighthizer who been in DC nearly his whole life. Professional DC Swamper. He's now on a charm offensive on it.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:17 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Well, it doesn't involve building a wall, so I'll say 10.

I believe most people are good with this. It's one thing Trump has done right.
That you think Trump has done right on this, is an indication it's a bad deal.

Most Establishment-types are good with it no doubt. The average American knows little about it, except what the media and politicians have been telling them. Folks like you.

The Swamp passes Swamp legislation and stops non-swamp legislation.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:27 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
I'm worried about the "changes" that Dems made or pushed for. I don't trust that side of the aisle right now, they are totally unhinged and anti-American.
When it comes to multinational deals, neither party is to be trusted. Both parties will sell out their country. Both have proven that again and again and again.

Here, we've got a president who's willingly censoring the American public under the guise of multi-national trade. And, because we know the SCOTUS all too well, we know that we can't count on the 9 un-elected clowns in black robes to actually do their jobs and slap this down.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:31 PM 12-10-2019
For those needing enlightenment, especially Republicans that claim to support free-markets:
NAFTA 2.0: FREE TRADE OR CENTRAL PLANNING?
Yeah, so it's last year but it's still relevant.

Sadly, instead of replacing NAFTA’s managed trade with true free trade, the new USMCA expands government’s control over trade.

For example, under the USMCA’s “rules of origin,” at least 75 percent of a car’s parts must be from the US, Canada, or Mexico in order to avoid tariffs. This is protectionism designed to raise prices of cars using materials from outside North America.

The USMCA also requires that 40 to 45 percent of an automobile’s content be made by workers earning at least 16 dollars per hour. Like all government-set wages, this requirement will increase prices and decrease employment.

The USMCA also requires Mexico to pass legislation recognizing the “right of collective bargaining.” In other words, this so-called free trade agreement forces Mexico to import US-style compulsory unionism. If the Mexican legislature does not comply, the US and Canada will impose tariffs on Mexican goods.

The USMCA also requires the three countries to abide by the International Labour Organization (ILO) standards for worker rights. So, if, for example, the bureaucrats at the ILO declared that Right to Work laws violate “international labor standards”’ because they weaken collective bargaining and give Right to Work states an unfair advantage over compulsory unionism states and countries, the federal government may have to nullify all state Right to Work laws. [Another erosion of sovereignty point that does an end run around our Constitution that established Federalism--the structure of our govt]....

A true free trade deal would simply reduce or eliminate tariffs and other trade barriers. It would not dictate wages and labor standards, or require inter-governmental cooperation on environmental standards and monetary policy. A true free trade deal also would not, as the USMCA does, list acceptable names for types of cheeses. [This cooperation sounds good but paves the way for more political integration as it merges these issues between the 3 countries.]

The USMCA also obligates the three countries to work together to improve air quality. This sounds harmless but could be used as a backdoor way to impose costly new regulations and taxes, such as a cap-and-trade scheme, on America. [Also erodes sovereignty.]

This agreement also forbids the use of currency devaluation as a means of attempting to gain a competitive advantage in international trade. ...
The currency provision will likely be used to justify coordination of monetary policy between the Federal Reserve and the Mexican and Canadian central banks. [ More merging of issues aka plitical intergration] This will lead to region-wide inflation and a global currency war as the US pressures Mexico and Canada to help the Fed counter other countries’ alleged currency manipulation and challenges to the dollar’s reserve currency status.

Those of us who support real free trade must not let supporters of the USMCA get away with claiming the USMCA has anything to do with free trade.
People on Fox who should have known better are Lou Dobbs, Laura Ingraham and Tucker. I usually like them but shame on them for being so gullible and ignorant--just because it's been done under Trump's admin.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:35 PM 12-10-2019
When it comes to multinational deals, neither party is to be trusted. Both parties will sell out their country. Both have proven that again and again and again.

Here, we've got a president who's willingly censoring the American public under the guise of multi-national trade. And, because we know the SCOTUS all too well, we know that we can't count on the 9 un-elected clowns in black robes to actually do their jobs and slap this down.
Especially when the intel community has all politicians surveilled to keep them in line among other tactics to keep them in line doing the bidding of globalist elites which includes certain corporations and their ally the Chamber of Commerce.

Trump sold us out here. I regret not getting more involved by writing to those most likely to expose this sham like Dobbs, Laura and Tucker. I know others who had been working on it though.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:38 PM 12-10-2019
I forgot link to my pasted article on this agreement.

https://mises.org/power-market/nafta...anning?page=35

I suppose we can hope some Right-to-Work states sue all the way up to the SC, that it threatens their rights under the Constitution's Federalism. Perhaps, it would be a way to reveal how treaties that have provisions in them that defy the Constitution are not enforceable at least on those areas, so we have some cases that won't let treaties usurp the Constitutional order. We'd need a bunch of them. But yeah, they're not reliable but it's worth a try. At least it will highlight the problems with them.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:44 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
How does this impact Israel?
:-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:52 PM 12-10-2019
A true free trade deal also would not, as the USMCA does, list acceptable names for types of cheeses. Can't make it up! :-)

Wait, it's not really so funny. I'll be disHonestCheiffan loves the deal. I know patteeu does, since he falls for these fake labels on trade.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:55 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
A true free trade deal also would not, as the USMCA does, list acceptable names for types of cheeses.
Why wouldn't it?
[Reply]
scho63 04:44 PM 12-10-2019
CNN headlines earlier:

DEMS ANNOUNCE DEAL FOR USMCA

:-)

They are easily the phoniest and most BS news organization there is. I guess it was just the Dems
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:51 PM 12-10-2019
Why wouldn't it?
Because it's the state determining what's acceptable names for cheese--not the market. It's another regulation.
[Reply]
Detoxing 04:53 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
How does this impact Israel?
Someone who is jewish will definitely make money off this.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:55 PM 12-10-2019
True Free Market guy--Ron Paul:

Originally Posted by :
A true free trade deal would simply reduce or eliminate tariffs and other trade barriers. It would not dictate wages and labor standards, or require inter-governmental cooperation on environmental standards and monetary policy. A true free trade deal also would not, as the USMCA does, list acceptable names for types of cheeses.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up