ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>USMCA - Trade Deal Close!
carlos3652 01:58 PM 12-10-2019
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/polit...eal/index.html

Washington (CNN)

House Democrats and the White House have reached a deal to advance President Donald Trump's renegotiated North American Free Trade Agreement after months of negotiations for changes on Democratic priorities, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Tuesday morning.

"There is no question of course that this trade agreement is much better than NAFTA," Pelosi said at a news conference.

If ratified, the trade deal would represent Trump's primary legislative success since Democrats took control of the House of Representatives last November. The pact is also viewed as essential by a number of Democratic freshmen from more conservative districts, who not only support the deal on its substance but also believe a bipartisan achievement will play well on the campaign trail.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:00 PM 12-10-2019
None of these mega deals have been good for the U.S. in the long term, so don't expect this one to be different.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:04 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
None of these mega deals have been good for the U.S. in the long term, so don't expect this one to be different.
First post best post.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 02:04 PM 12-10-2019
Olive branch from the Democrats to the voting public for attempting to destroy our democracy?
[Reply]
Taco John 02:37 PM 12-10-2019

With the transformative changes we won, Democrats have achieved a #USMCA agreement that is infinitely better for American workers than what was originally proposed by the Trump Administration. pic.twitter.com/LywXwZjWTy

— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) December 10, 2019

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:38 PM 12-10-2019
That free speech blocking carve out that allows the megatechs to continue censoring while claiming platform protections is, from what I can tell, still part of this.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:42 PM 12-10-2019
Don’t know anything about this. From 1-10 how outraged should I be?
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:43 PM 12-10-2019
Dems slam Trump when he wanted to negotiate a new treaty- then try to take all the credit for it when it is done.

Worthless.
[Reply]
Pogue 02:44 PM 12-10-2019
Impeachment will bomb out, then they can point to this.

But I agree with JPB, not a great deal. In fact Trump should scrap it and negotiate for a better one, since Mexico’s economy is in the toilet and Canada isn’t doing too hot either.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:54 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Don’t know anything about this. From 1-10 how outraged should I be?
Well, it doesn't involve building a wall, so I'll say 10.

I believe most people are good with this. It's one thing Trump has done right.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:56 PM 12-10-2019
Yes, it is still in there

Originally Posted by :
Tech legal shield included in USMCA despite late Pelosi push

Legal protections for technology companies are still in the free-trade deal between the United States, Mexico and Canada that was endorsed by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calf.) on Tuesday despite her efforts to remove them.

“I had one disappointment… 230, but I was too late coming in on it,” Pelosi said Tuesday during a press conference announcing the deal between House Democrats and the White House on the trade deal.

Pelosi announced last Thursday that she would try to remove the language from Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act in the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA). This language gives platforms legal immunity for content posted by third-party users while also giving them legal cover to take good-faith efforts to moderate their platforms...
https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...te-pelosi-push

The treaty should be shot down for that alone.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:59 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Olive branch from the Democrats to the voting public for attempting to destroy our democracy?
No, it's because they are globalists too. So they know this undermines Trump on national sovereignty, since it puts the worst of the TPP (57%) into it to co-opt Trump. Trump was duped again by another bad personnel choice, selecting a globalist to re-negotiate this terrible deal. It's also why you see Republicans and Fox supporting it.

Don't believe me? You can find the whole document online at the WH site. It's long but if you select the right chapters, like where disputes get handled, you will see what I mean.
It's a stepping stone to an EU-type arrangement, starting with trade first using incrementalism and then political integration. Hence, why there's so much stopping on immigration by the same folks on both sides. Tucker said, right now there are 24 Republicans trying to slip through an amnesty while everyone is distracted by impeachment.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:00 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Well, it doesn't involve building a wall, so I'll say 10.

I believe most people are good with this. It's one thing Trump has done right.
How does this impact Israel?
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 03:02 PM 12-10-2019
I'm worried about the "changes" that Dems made or pushed for. I don't trust that side of the aisle right now, they are totally unhinged and anti-American.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 03:02 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
How does this impact Israel?
They still have their wall.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up