ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>SI sportsperson of the year (2019)
Prison Bitch 08:22 AM 12-10-2019

[Reply]
HayWire 11:15 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
I agree. Have her wear her uniform for the picture. You can still have her holding the hammer, and you don't even have to put a soccer field in the background. She's a badass on the field. Totally not why they selected her, though, IMO.
I've been reading articles and apparently she is a badass at her sport. In my opinion it would have been better to lead with the sports aspect and then transitioned into her off the field accomplishments. I know many will disagree but doing it vice versa is actually a turn off for someone seeking sports stories from a sporting magazine. Hell, you could take that cover and place it on any other magazine and it works but fails miserably for SI
[Reply]
Andoverer 11:16 AM 12-10-2019
I can think of one person who is actually likable and respectful to his peers and opponents alike. Who gives credit to those around him and is truly a spectacular sportsperson.

SI you should have chosen Patrick Mahomes II
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:33 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
False. I posted it making fun of their dumb choice. If she wasn’t political I’d still have posted it, since nobody cares about soccer.
If nobody cares about soccer then there's no point to post it. The only reason you posted it is because she's political. It irks you to see someone who has a different, outspoken, political viewpoint than yours get the recognition. We see tons of posts that are against her pro-woman, anti-Trump stance everyday on DC, we know where the vast majority of the board sides in that realm. There's nothing wrong with that, but ever since a week after the U.S women's team was done with their season, nobody is talking about Rapinoe unless it's politically based. It's not even your original post, I just know that some idiot will start posting something political in a thread like this, then someone else will reply, and it'll end up in DC.
[Reply]
luv 11:57 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Right?!?!? Just like these guys are!

Look at Serena Williams in her Tennis outfit!

Is this to sway my opinion? It's a sports magazine. Put a picture of the athlete with some aspect of the sport on the cover. My opinion is the same for the examples you posted, as well.

Even if you don't put her in uniform, put on of her feet on a soccer ball. If it a football player, at least put the black streaks under their eyes or something. Put a racket somewhere in the picture with a tennis player. Hang boxing gloves over the corner of the chair with the boxer. Even if it's not the main focus, their sport should be represented.

It's just my opinion. Thank you for taking the time to link others I could bitch about...lol.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 12:15 PM 12-10-2019
Am I supposed to know who the fuck this is? Because I dont..nor do I care
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:18 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
Is this to sway my opinion? It's a sports magazine. Put a picture of the athlete with some aspect of the sport on the cover. My opinion is the same for the examples you posted, as well.

Even if you don't put her in uniform, put on of her feet on a soccer ball. If it a football player, at least put the black streaks under their eyes or something. Put a racket somewhere in the picture with a tennis player. Hang boxing gloves over the corner of the chair with the boxer. Even if it's not the main focus, their sport should be represented.

It's just my opinion. Thank you for taking the time to link others I could bitch about...lol.
Not so much to sway your opinion as much as to point out this is nothing new. Dudes have worn suits and ladies have worn, what amounts to, lingerie on the cover of the "SOTY" edition. You agreed with HayWire that doing so makes it seem less about sports than politics.

I wonder, then, what the political aspect of Serena Williams' thighs were. Same with the fellas (not the thighs but lack of sport balls)... what was the political play there? (rhetorical)

Not to be disengenious and say there wasn't a "political" aspect to her selection due to her being outspoken about issues facing women's sports along with being a dominating force in women's soccer. I'll argue, though, that her stance isn't political but social.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:22 PM 12-10-2019
I know our defense is playing much better, but I still wouldn't let the opportunity pass to bring Serena Williams in for a look at MLB. I bet that dude can bring the lumber.
[Reply]
loochy 12:25 PM 12-10-2019
I wonder, then, what the political aspect of Serena Williams' thighs were.
It was about saving the redwood trees.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:29 PM 12-10-2019
Of course.

They could sure use a nice Dr. Z article about now.
[Reply]
HayWire 12:33 PM 12-10-2019
Not so much to sway your opinion as much as to point out this is nothing new. Dudes have worn suits and ladies have worn, what amounts to, lingerie on the cover of the "SOTY" edition. You agreed with HayWire that doing so makes it seem less about sports than politics.

I wonder, then, what the political aspect of Serena Williams' thighs were. Same with the fellas (not the thighs but lack of sport balls)... what was the political play there? (rhetorical)

Not to be disengenious and say there wasn't a "political" aspect to her selection due to her being outspoken about issues facing women's sports along with being a dominating force in women's soccer. I'll argue, though, that her stance isn't political but social.
Let me clarify my original post just a bit. I wasn't meaning to downgrade anything she's done on or off the field. It just struck me as odd for choosing someone that wasn't as widely known (or so I thought) and not have some clarification as to who she is

I'll also admit my "political" comment might have been swayed by me trying to figure out who she is. When I was searching for articles there were just as many articles (if not more) about non sports related stuff.

Anyways, it was just my opinion and nothing more. I'll head back to my regularly scheduled lurking now
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:40 PM 12-10-2019

[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:42 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
She was arguably the best player and definitive leader on the most successful team in America.

She was a visible player that the LGBTQ community and many women rallied around. She also raised the banner on an important equal rights conversation on pay.

What... exactly is the problem? (Other than the rampant sexism and homophobia all over this thread.)
In order:

I never saw them play because they're women that aren't a hockey team.

I've never heard a word from her (hell, I'd never heard of her at all) presumably because I'm not a member of the LMNOP community and I'm not a pissed off woman.

Equal pay between the sexes in sports is a laughable equal rights conversation, not an important one.

There's no problem, really. It's their magazine and if they want to ride it down this way, that's cool with me.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:47 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
The standards for Sportsman of the Year doesn't have to be sheer visibility. It's fluid...
Yeah, you're fluid.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:47 PM 12-10-2019

[Reply]
TLO 01:05 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Nothing wrong here - I want to see her butthole
Hope Solo
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up