ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>SI sportsperson of the year (2019)
Prison Bitch 08:22 AM 12-10-2019

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:16 AM 12-10-2019
Tiger Woods should have been Sportsman of the Year.
[Reply]
HayWire 10:17 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Others seem to so he likely wasn't talking about you.

I literally hate soccer... and still knew who she was withing the sports world and the accomplishments of the team she is captain of. Just because *you* don't recognize her doesn't mean that she isn't deserving of the "honor".
Fair enough. I don't have ESPN or any other sports outlets other than what I choose to read online. Not hearing of her is in no way meant to slight her but more of my lack of knowledge due to lack of interest
[Reply]
loochy 10:19 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Fighting for equal pay has literally been branded as "just whining" for as long as the issue has been discussed -- look it up. Introduce some new thoughts that can't just be thrown into the typical kneejerk male counterarguments and I'll hear you out.

Introduce evidence that the pay is proportionally unequal and I'll hear YOU out.

...and don't try to shame me for being a typical male. There's nothing wrong with that.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:20 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Tiger Woods should have been Sportsman of the Year.
He would have to play a sport to do so. He makes money with a hobby/skill.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:20 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
That’s a shame if so.

SI was the one who brought politics into sports. It’s always one side doing it then saying “stop being political!” when challenged. See: Direckshun
Oh go fuck yourself. The political angle is the only reason you posted it.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:21 AM 12-10-2019
Just cancelled my subscription. Fucking bitch.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:21 AM 12-10-2019
S I is Teen Beat now.
[Reply]
loochy 10:22 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
He would have to play a sport to do so. He makes money with a hobby/skill.
Boom.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:23 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Oh go **** yourself. The political angle is the only reason you posted it.
False. I posted it making fun of their dumb choice. If she wasn’t political I’d still have posted it, since nobody cares about soccer.
[Reply]
HayWire 10:24 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I don't think I was referring to you since your one post in this thread was that you never heard of her.

The standards for Sportsman of the Year doesn't have to be sheer visibility. It's fluid, and can introduce a new brand of athletic personality that's had an impact on our culture and has also been incredible on the field of play.

She's been both, in spades.
Solid post and I'll agree with you since you are more knowledgeable on this than I am. But for SI to name someone SPORTSman of the year and I can't identify the sport from their cover makes it seem like less SPORTS and more political
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:24 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Just cancelled my subscription. Fucking bitch.
:-):-):-)

You actually subscribed to that dogshit rag. Even funnier is that it wasn't their shit articles or shit "swimsuit issue", or their shitty political jabs for over a decade now.

Megan Rapinoe made you give up your subscription.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:45 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Cancelled my subscription a couple years ago. Wanna guess the number of times I’ve regretted that decision?
You mean to tell us that you don't regret missing all the fatties they now feature in the swimsuit edition? And the latest in hijab swimwear?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:54 AM 12-10-2019
The aim was to trigger folks and get them talking about her and her issues. I understand why they did it, but I dont think there are numerous good faith arguments on her side.
[Reply]
luv 11:06 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Solid post and I'll agree with you since you are more knowledgeable on this than I am. But for SI to name someone SPORTSman of the year and I can't identify the sport from their cover makes it seem like less SPORTS and more political
I agree. Have her wear her uniform for the picture. You can still have her holding the hammer, and you don't even have to put a soccer field in the background. She's a badass on the field. Totally not why they selected her, though, IMO.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:14 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
I agree. Have her wear her uniform for the picture. You can still have her holding the hammer, and you don't even have to put a soccer field in the background. She's a badass on the field. Totally not why they selected her, though, IMO.
Right?!?!? Just like these guys are!

Look at Serena Williams in her Tennis outfit!

[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up