ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Did Andy and Mahomes solve the riddle of Bill's defense?
Yes 18 23.08%
No 32 41.03%
Fuck Tom Brady 28 35.90%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Did Andy and Mahomes solve the riddle of Bill's defense?
Hammock Parties 10:10 PM 12-09-2019
We know he's done it before.

Last season they fucked us up for an entire half in both games before we boatraced them.

This time Andy seemed to figure out how to use everyone on the offense effectively and kept the Patriots guessing. The offense moved a lot more consistently.

The second half was kind of a mess...BUT...Andy clearly went a bit conservative.

I felt like he definitely left some stuff in his bag of tricks, and if Kelce doesn't fumble, we probably put another 6 up. Not to mention Patrick's hand.

So the question is...do we feel confident that adding Hardman and Mahomes progression has slayed this beast?

I feel pretty good.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:00 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I don’t think you “solve” belichick’s defense, simply because it’s so dynamic.

There’s no doubt Andy has his number more than any other coach in the league though.
This. I don't think there was a lightbulb moment where AR and PMII said "eureka". 23 points isn't solving a defense. I think there's been enough decline in the Pats offense that their D can't always play the way they want because of the score. I think all the years AR played them at Philly plus playing them a half dozen times over the last 5 years with KC, or at least it seems like it, they know each other well.
[Reply]
oldman 08:13 AM 12-10-2019
If solving the Pats defense involves throwing 10-12 yard passes and moving the chains, I'm in. While it's fun to see 60 yard bombs and 40 points a game, sometimes you have to dial it back. PMII's hand was injured so don't make stupid mistakes or try something that's not there.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:17 AM 12-10-2019
So the real question is was Pat missing the open receivers, or did he see them and not trust the hand to make the throw?

Hill wide open in the back of the ez for instance.

My concern was that Pat was writing hill off before the snap and just assuming he would be taken away.
[Reply]
oldman 08:34 AM 12-10-2019
I think he didn't trust his hand. He had a rare pick and a couple more close calls.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:49 AM 12-10-2019
This. AR said that they had to adjust the game plan after he hurt his hand.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:35 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I don’t think you “solve” belichick’s defense, simply because it’s so dynamic.

There’s no doubt Andy has his number more than any other coach in the league though.
Do you know what Reid's record VS Belechick is?
[Reply]
Kman34 10:14 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
So the real question is was Pat missing the open receivers, or did he see them and not trust the hand to make the throw?

Hill wide open in the back of the ez for instance.

My concern was that Pat was writing hill off before the snap and just assuming he would be taken away.
I think with a healthy hand Patty hits Hill on that play.. the way Pat sees the field there’s no way he didn’t see him.. we’re not talking Alex Smith hear...
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:30 AM 12-10-2019
I don’t think we are slaying any beasts, any more than the beast is slaying itself.

They don’t have any real wide receiver threats besides Edelman. Tom Brady is 42 looking at 43. I think they are simply a lot more human now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:43 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
I don’t think we are slaying any beasts, any more than the beast is slaying itself.

They don’t have any real wide receiver threats besides Edelman. Tom Brady is 42 looking at 43. I think they are simply a lot more human now.
Last year's team loses that game.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:49 AM 12-10-2019

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:51 AM 12-10-2019
What was hilarious was that one play where the Pats drew a PI call and Romo lost his mind saying that Brady had “figured the defense out” and that we were fucked.

Then the Pats proceeded to do jack shit on offense the rest of the game:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:51 AM 12-10-2019
Andy managed to not let the Pat's spies get a hold of our game plan for once. We dominated them on both sides of the ball until we went into the locker room.

Once in there, the entire second half plan by the Chiefs was taped and relayed through "scouts" and straight to the sideline.

The Pats, armed with insider information- were able to regain the Glory!
[Reply]
TripleThreat 12:03 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Last year's team loses that game.
Well that’s your opinion, maybe your right maybe your wrong but a lot of people are saying we looked better last year than we do this year.

And to be honest if dee ford doesn’t line up offsides I don’t think there’s any argument about whether we were better last season or this season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:09 PM 12-10-2019
the offense is still top 5 and now the D can get stops

there's no question this team is better
[Reply]
Eureka 01:22 PM 12-10-2019
Patriots WR core is lacking.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up