ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 32
< 12 345612 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The IG report on FISA has dropped. Here's the link to a PDF version
Just Passin' By 12:09 PM 12-09-2019
https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:24 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by FD:
What is "whitewashing" in this case? Do you mean that the IG has committed massive fraud by covering up the serious crimes that Obama, Comey, McCabe, Steele, etc have been accused of?

I think its obvious was a clear abuse of power and very little will be done about it. I never believed they were going to blow up the FBI and IC over this. That's called a whitewashing. Very much like Benghazi.

Originally Posted by :
The Inspector Generalís report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken. It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory. Nevertheless, the investigation and surveillance was pushed forward for the duration of the campaign and deep into President Trumpís administration. In the rush to obtain and maintain FISA surveillance of Trump campaign associates, FBI officials misled the FISA court, omitted critical exculpatory facts from their filings, and suppressed or ignored information negating the reliability of their principal source. The Inspector General found the explanations given for these actions unsatisfactory. While most of the misconduct identified by the Inspector General was committed in 2016 and 2017 by a small group of now-former FBI officials, the malfeasance and misfeasance detailed in the Inspector Generalís report reflects a clear abuse of the FISA process.

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:24 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Barr stated that?
:-)
[Reply]
Donger 12:25 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I take it that's a no?

Do you accept this?

The report from Michael Horowitz, inspector general, released today didn't find "documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions" to open investigations that initially focused on campaign advisers Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, Michael Flynn and Paul Manafort, former campaign chairman.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:26 PM 12-09-2019

[Reply]
Donger 12:27 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:27 PM 12-09-2019
I take it that's a no?

Do you accept this?

The report from Michael Horowitz, inspector general, released today didn't find "documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions" to open investigations that initially focused on campaign advisers Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, Michael Flynn and Paul Manafort, former campaign chairman.

Fuck no I don't believe that, just like I don't believe Hillary did not have intent. You are such a lemming.

Try going back and reading what you posted from Barr again and then try to spin it more.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:27 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by FD:
What is "whitewashing" in this case? Do you mean that the IG has committed massive fraud by covering up the serious crimes that Obama, Comey, McCabe, Steele, etc have been accused of?
I mean that it's obvious to anyone with anything even resembling a brain that the DOJ investigations have been long on tenuous attempts to defend the wrongful actions of people in the DOJ. That should be a surprise to no one, as it's the DOJ investigating.... the DOJ.

Don't be so partisan that you can't see that, or you become a useless poster on pretty much any political subject.
[Reply]
Donger 12:29 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
**** no I don't believe that, just like I don't believe Hillary did not have intent. You are such a lemming.

Try going back and reading what you posted from Barr again and then try to spin it more.
Awesome! You don't accept the IG report.

I don't care what Barr's opinion is. He's Trump's ball-washer. If he wants to disagree with his own people and their investigation, I couldn't care less.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:30 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I mean that it's obvious to anyone with anything even resembling a brain that the DOJ investigations have been long on tenuous attempts to defend the wrongful actions of people in the DOJ. That should be a surprise to no one, as it's the DOJ investigating.... the DOJ.

Don't be so partisan that you can't see that, or you become a useless poster on pretty much any political subject.
Anyone with half brain knew they were going to handle this like they did the Clinton email shenanigans or Benghazi. They weren't going to burn down the entire DoJ over this. DC always protects DC.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:31 PM 12-09-2019
Awesome! You don't accept the IG report.

I don't care what Barr's opinion is. He's Trump's ball-washer. If he wants to disagree with his own people and their investigation, I couldn't care less.
So you agree there were several mistakes omissions and errors made in reference to the FISA warrants?
[Reply]
FD 12:33 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:

I don't care too much about Barr's spin or the IG's spin, but the facts of the investigation matter. The factual conclusions are quite clearcut in this case.

The first is that there are problems with the FISA program, nothing major but problems nonetheless. This is important and I think an overhaul of the FISA system is long overdue.

The second is that there was no wrongdoing or improper actions taken by McCabe, Comey, Obama, Steele, etc. I think we should all be relieved that that is true.

The only way to come to a different conclusion is to allege that the IG and his team have committed a massive illegal coverup in the course of the investigation, and that their factual conclusions are outright lies.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:34 PM 12-09-2019
Duram doesn't agree with the IG either and just released a statement about it.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:34 PM 12-09-2019
Durham.. To IG
"You dont know what you dont know"
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:34 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by FD:
I don't care too much about Barr's spin or the IG's spin, but the facts of the investigation matter. The factual conclusions are quite clearcut in this case.

The first is that there are problems with the FISA program, nothing major but problems nonetheless. This is important and I think an overhaul of the FISA system is long overdue.

The second is that there was no wrongdoing or improper actions taken by McCabe, Comey, Obama, Steele, etc. I think we should all be relieved that that is true.

The only way to come to a different conclusion is to allege that the IG and his team have committed a massive illegal coverup in the course of the investigation, and that their factual conclusions are outright lies.
:-) what a CROCK OF SHIT.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:35 PM 12-09-2019
Inspector General: Start of FBI Russia probe was legally justified ó but cites significant errors in surveillance warrants

The Justice Department's inspector general found that the FBI properly opened its investigation into Russian election interference but that four surveillance warrants targeting a former Trump campaign adviser were riddled with "significant inaccuracies and omissions."

While rebutting President Trump's claims that the FBI illegally spied on his campaign, Horowitz's 435-page report provides new details of numerous interactions between FBI confidential informants and Page, Papadopoulos and at least one high-ranking Trump campaign official who wasn't under investigation. Those interactions are likely to fuel criticism from Trump and his allies about the FBI's activities, which Horowitz found were done according to the FBI's current rules.

The report criticized the FBI leaders and employees for how they handled four applications for surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act targeting Page. The watchdog report said the FBI omitted key facts, including that Page was a source for another U.S. government agency, and additional information that would have undercut the evidence used to support the application for surveillance. Little of value came from the initial Page surveillance, but the the FBI continued it and didn't update applications for subsequent warrants.

The FBI also failed to adequately show weaknesses in the raw information provided by Christopher Steele.
So they didn't find that anyone had documented or admitted to a political bias. Must be no bias then!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 32
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up