ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Just figure out a way to get Tyler Biadasz.
Chris Meck 09:27 AM 12-09-2019
The single biggest weakness on this team is interior offensive line play.

Let's go get the center that will be Mahomes' best friend for the next ten years and multiple Super Bowl wins.

No, the LB corps isn't in worse shape then the interior offensive line.

No, not the secondary either.

It's the interior line. By far.

Yeah, we're going to need CB's, and maybe a RB, and a WR, and we do need to get better at LB.

None of those spots are why we've lost 4 games this season.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 12-09-2019
Yeah, I'm good with it.

I'd sign a new LG as well.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:09 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I'm good with it.

I'd sign a new LG as well.
We’ve got Rankins.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:13 AM 12-09-2019
We’re fine at LG with Rankin, unless his knee is fucked, but sounds like he’ll be ready for the season.

Good news is that the end of the first/top of the 2nd is the best value area to find interior OL.

Biadasz would be amazing, but Creed Humphrey would be a nice option if we can’t get the Wisconsin kid
[Reply]
RunKC 12-09-2019, 11:14 AM
This message has been deleted by RunKC.
O.city 11:22 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We’ve got Rankins.
Meh.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:34 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Meh.
Dude....you’re fucking meh.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:44 AM 12-09-2019
Rankin just wasn't a dumpster fire like Wylie. I don't think that means we ought to be holding a starting spot for him.

We need the entire inside rebuild. LG-C-RG.

They're collectively awful. Our OT situation is decent.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:43 PM 12-09-2019
I think you can plug and play at Guard if you have a quality center. If you don't then you're fucked
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:35 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think you can plug and play at Guard if you have a quality center. If you don't then you're ****ed
I'm not sure I agree except that you're definitely f***** if your Center blows
[Reply]
kccrow 07:41 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Rankin just wasn't a dumpster fire like Wylie. I don't think that means we ought to be holding a starting spot for him.

I wouldn't throw away Rankin just yet though man. He's a 3rd round pick and was an all-SEC player as a senior. Not like he's complete garbage. He didn't work as a tackle in Houston, we made him a guard and he looked pretty solid. I'm not against bringing in competition but I don't think the Chiefs do what you're asking for unless a guy like Michigan's Ben Bredeson just falls in their laps in round 2.

I think it's reasonable KC brings in a center and I think it's high time LDT gets some serious competition.

Personally, I think taking interior o-lineman in round 1 is a fool's errand. I'm much more receptive to rounds 2 and 3.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:48 AM 12-10-2019
OL and RB are greatest needs due to protecting Mahomes at any cost.

If it's through FA, cool but as of now the Chiefs must invest all their resources to keep Patrick healthy
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:11 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I wouldn't throw away Rankin just yet though man. He's a 3rd round pick and was an all-SEC player as a senior. Not like he's complete garbage. He didn't work as a tackle in Houston, we made him a guard and he looked pretty solid. I'm not against bringing in competition but I don't think the Chiefs do what you're asking for unless a guy like Michigan's Ben Bredeson just falls in their laps in round 2.

I think it's reasonable KC brings in a center and I think it's high time LDT gets some serious competition.

Personally, I think taking interior o-lineman in round 1 is a fool's errand. I'm much more receptive to rounds 2 and 3.
I'm not saying throw him away. I'm just not handing him a starting spot.

I think in this modern NFL, in which the ball typically comes out fast, interior line is going to be a more valued asset than in the past. Fifteen years ago? Yeah, you don't draft an interior lineman in the first. Now? Look at how much poor interior line play screws up our offense. Look at the effect it has on Mahomes. Look at the effect it has on our running game. Damien Wilson looked just fine down the stretch last year; this year he looks like shit. What's different? Interior line play.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 12-10-2019

Yeah, the collective CP assertion that Rankin is clearly starter material is...odd.

I mean, there's little question we can find these exact posts about Wylie and Reiter from last year. And both of those guys had FAR more exposure last season before they came off the rails this year. And in the process I think Wylie actually looked better last season than Rankin did this season (I'm not sure I understand when Rankin became so good).

I think Rankin's performance in a short span is 1) being overstated a bit and 2) being given too much weight anyway given that he's suffered a significant knee injury and the last G we had who's' knee blew out (Ehinger) never recovered.

No - they can't bank on Rankin, IMO. And Reiter HAS to go. But regarding Biadasz, I can't see anything to call him a better prospect than Bradbury was a year ago. And while Bradbury has gotten better, he was rooouuuuugh over the first half.

So I'm not saying that Biadasz isn't worth keeping an eye on, but I don't think he's a panacea or sure thing in his own right. Honestly, the situation is just so damn bad in there (especially with LDT costing far more than he's worth) that I'm struggling to find a way to resolve it in a single offseason short of some big time luck in the draft.

If the Chiefs could luck into a Larry Warford type of guy in the 3rd round, that would just be aces. Gimme a nice young rookie C, a 2nd round RB (I think that's where the value is in this draft) and Warford 2.0 in the third, then a solid TE2 who can bring our 12 personnel up a notch (as we run that the 4th most in the league), and I'd be juuuuust fine with that draft.

The "WE NEED A CORNER!!!!" crowd would have kittens, but the amount of pressure that would take off Mahomes would just be immense.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 12:15 PM 12-10-2019
All I know is for the first time in my life I would be excited if we drafted some fatties early.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:29 PM 12-10-2019
I'm not saying throw him away. I'm just not handing him a starting spot.

I think in this modern NFL, in which the ball typically comes out fast, interior line is going to be a more valued asset than in the past. Fifteen years ago? Yeah, you don't draft an interior lineman in the first. Now? Look at how much poor interior line play screws up our offense. Look at the effect it has on Mahomes. Look at the effect it has on our running game. Damien Wilson looked just fine down the stretch last year; this year he looks like shit. What's different? Interior line play.
There's alot of value in drafting collegiate tackles that aren't quite good enough to be 1st round guys and stay out on the edge in the NFL in the 2nd round or later. The Packers are a case-in-point on this strategy.

I do agree on interior line play being critical now days, but tackles remain premium because edge rushers are faster than ever.

The center class is extremely weak this year. Last year it was really strong. If I'm KC, I probably target a guy like Glasgow in FA as a Center and draft a Guard prospect day 2.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up