No it's not a penalty but -King- is still a dumbass 10 6.90%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should they have called this unnecessary roughness
-King- 11:25 PM 12-08-2019

They would call this if it was on Brady #KCvsNE pic.twitter.com/Ml8caUNpxG

— Koro (@nonsmoknlifboat) December 8, 2019

This is an argument I'm having in another thread. Supposedly this hit should have been flagged because Mahomes was heading out of bounds even though he asnt officially out of bounds yet. IMO, there's no way this should be flagged. A player in bounds is a player in bounds and can get hit. As much as I'd love for Mahomes to be protected, objectively there's no way they should call a penalty here.

Also it's weird how people hate the refs but want to add even more subjectivity to how they rule. So now they have to guess if a player is clearly going out of bounds on not? Makes no sense to me but hey...I'm CPs chief contrarian so I may be way off...
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:33 PM 12-08-2019
It absolutely would have been called if it was on Tom Brady.

Should it be called? Probably not.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:35 PM 12-08-2019
Lets be honest if that was Brady they would have thrown a flag AND thrown out the Chiefs defender.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:40 PM 12-08-2019
Mahomes went backward at an awkward angle at high velocity into sideline equipment.

The league has to protect the MVP better.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:44 PM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mahomes went backward at an awkward angle at high velocity into sideline equipment.

The league has to protect the MVP better.
I keep hearing they are and will yet this happens every game. Hard to believe they want him hurt.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:46 PM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Lets be honest if that was Brady they would have thrown a flag AND thrown out the Chiefs defender.
And kicked the defender's mom in the gooch.
[Reply]
ghak99 11:50 PM 12-08-2019
I thought it should have been called based on the shove, but I suppose it technically started in bounds.

At the time I was actually more worried about him standing up right in front of that big fucking heater. My smaller versions will melt skin in that range and that thing looks to be much bigger.
[Reply]
-King- 12:02 AM 12-09-2019
I really hate that the main defense of this being a penalty seems to be "If this had happened to Tom Brady..."

That's not a legitimate basis of what should or shouldn't be a penalty. It's a backwards way of admitting that it shouldn't be a penalty but based on the hypothetical you've made up in your mind, it is.

We all know if that play happened with Tom Brady and they threw a flag we'd all be screaming bullshit and posting gifs of how he was in bounds when he was hit. And rightfully so. It would be a bullshit penalty no matter who was at QB.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:03 AM 12-09-2019
See, this is why we need Gherig Dieter on the active 53 man roster.

He would have been on the sidelines there and would certainly have thrown himself underneath Mahomes to pad his landing.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:03 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
If they never called it I would be fine with it not being. But in this league that's a penalty. They always call that.

The one they took away with the lb landing on Mahomes, ok, you can talk me into that one. Those kind they don't get consistent ever. But this they almost always call.
This is the answer. They always call that shit. Hell a lot of WRs get that call if they're obviously going OOB.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:04 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I really hate that the main defense of this being a penalty seems to be "If this had happened to Tom Brady..."

That's not a legitimate basis of what should or shouldn't be a penalty. It's a backwards way of admitting that it shouldn't be a penalty but based on the hypothetical you've made up in your mind, it is.

We all know if that play happened with Tom Brady and they threw a flag we'd all be screaming bullshit and posting gifs of how he was in bounds when he was hit. And rightfully so. It would be a bullshit penalty no matter who was at QB.
It's not. Everybody gets that call. If he were headed upfield, no. But he was obviously going OOB. They call that.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:13 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:

It's not just Brady. That gets called probably 80% of the time on any QB.
[Reply]
Bump 12:15 AM 12-09-2019
I don't think that should be a penalty. But they would call that 90% of the time and 100% of the time on Tom Brady. It's the inconsistent officiating that bothers me.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:41 AM 12-09-2019
It’s not a penalty what’s wrong with you people? Bet your fucking ass they better not call that shit when we play Lamar Jackson.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:42 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
It’s not a penalty what’s wrong with you people? Bet your fucking ass they better not call that shit when we play Lamar Jackson.
Lamar doesn't willingly go out of bounds like that.

Plus his vision is better. If he's going to get lit up he does go out.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:47 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Should it be? No. Do they often call that? Absolutely.
This is the correct answer. No sure why it should be a penalty to push a guy while he's still in bounds.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up