ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Jewish groups denounce Trump
BanHam 04:27 PM 12-08-2019
BY REBECCA KLAR - 12/08/19 01:00 PM EST

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...raeli-american

Jewish groups criticized President Trump for using anti-Semitic tropes while speaking to the Israeli American Council Saturday night.

The Jewish Democratic Council of America said his remarks were “deeply offensive” in that they repeated “negative stereotypes that have been used historically to target Jews.”

The remarks doubled down on the group's critique that Trump is the “biggest threat to American Jews,” which the group highlighted in an ad released last month.

“We strongly denounce these vile and bigoted remarks in which the president – once again – used anti-Semitic stereotypes to characterize Jews as driven by money and insufficiently loyal to Israel,” Jewish Democratic Council Executive Director Halie Soifer said in a statement Sunday.

“He even had the audacity to suggest that Jews ‘have no choice’ but to support him, and that we should ‘get people out of [our] country’ in order to increase support of Israel,” she added.

During the Israeli American Council’s 2019 national summit in Hollywood, Fla., Trump told the crowd, “a lot of you are in the real estate business, because I know you very well.”

“You’re brutal killers. Not nice people at all, but you have to vote for me you have no choice,” he continued.

He went on to criticize Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), a leading Democratic presidential candidate, by saying “you're not going to vote for Pocahontas” and criticizing her proposed wealth tax.

"You're not going to vote for the wealth tax. Yeah, let's take 100 percent of your wealth away," Trump said.

He also said that “we have to get the people of our country, of this country, to love Israel more”

“We have to get them to love Israel more. Because you have people that are Jewish people, that are great people -- they don't love Israel enough,” Trump said.

Left-leaning Jewish advocacy group J Street similarly hit the president over his speech.

“The President of the United States is incapable of addressing Jewish audiences without dipping into the deep well of anti-Semitic tropes that shape his worldview,” the group tweeted Sunday.

“We’re not going to hold our breath waiting for Trump's supporters to speak out. We are going to work tirelessly to defeat this president and those who’ve enabled him 11 months from now,” J Street added.

Soifer pointed out that Trump, in fact, does not have the support of the majority of American Jews.

“American Jews do have a choice, and they’re not choosing President Trump or the Republican Party, which has been complicit in enacting his hateful agenda,” she said.

Soifer said Jewish support for the GOP slashed in half since Trump took office, from 33 percent in 2014 to 17 percent in 2018, and said the decrease was because “Trump’s policies and rhetoric are completely antithetical to Jewish values.”

An overwhelming majority of Jews are both pro-Israel and anti-Trump because of his incendiary rhetoric targeting our community and others, and because his symbolic gestures on Israel have not made America or Israel more secure,” she said.

This is not the first time American Jewish groups have called out Trump for invoking anti-Semitic tropes to suggest that Jewish Americans have a loyalty to Israel above the U.S.

The Jewish Democratic Council of America and J-Street were among groups to condemn Trump in August when he said American Jews who vote for Democrats are disloyal.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:18 PM 12-08-2019
So BEP is a Soros girl, huh?
[Reply]
eDave 09:19 PM 12-08-2019
Ha ha. Trump is such a dickhead.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:39 PM 12-08-2019
I’d love to see a Tucker Carlson/Rick Wiles ticket

#dreamTeam
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:57 PM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I’d love to see a Tucker Carlson/Rick Wiles ticket

#dreamTeam
:-):-)
[Reply]
scho63 12:51 AM 12-09-2019

[Reply]
Hamwallet 09:37 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Our election problem was made a catastrophe with the Supreme Courts Citizens United ruling.

Don’t think Repubes have the corner on dark money?

Let me look around for today’s Republican act of corruption.....Oh here we go!!

Easy Peasy....Joanie Ernst.

https://news.yahoo.com/dark-money-ti...102315742.html

Wasn’t that the reason the they got that Corporate Tax gift approved in record time?

Corporate Tax breaks=Dark Money Donations=Corporate Tax Breaks.......

But Soros...:-)
Everything you just posted is a lie and your source is on trial for corruption. Nice try
[Reply]
sully1983 09:44 PM 12-09-2019
They seem like ungrateful people.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:18 PM 12-09-2019
Trump: "We have to get the people of our country, of this country, to love Israel more, I have to tell you that. We have to do it. We have to get them to love Israel more.”
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:47 AM 12-10-2019
Trump: "We have to get the people of our country, of this country, to love Israel more, I have to tell you that. We have to do it. We have to get them to love Israel more.”
"I'm basically a liberal jew" - Barack Hussein Obama 01-26-18 while speaking at a New York City synagogue. TRUNEWS! Rick Wiles really exposed TRUMP's BS on ISRAEL didn't he?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:55 AM 12-10-2019
I already knew Trump was an Israel shill long before it became obv to internet posters.

Guy jacks off about “loving Israel”. How about loving your white voters you obese idiot?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:33 AM 12-10-2019
I already knew Trump was an Israel shill long before it became obv to internet posters.

Guy jacks off about “loving Israel”. How about loving your white voters you obese idiot?
I've know it since TRUMP received THE TREE OF LIFE AWARD in 1983! He was groomed for the job of POTUS. Now they are done with him. I have received two letters recently from his wife wanting me to donate to TRUMP'S reelection and I'm not a registered Republican.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:47 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by :
The Jewish Democratic Council of America
:-)
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:50 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Ha ha. Trump is such a dickhead.
Was it the "You're brutal killers. Not nice people at all" part?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:51 AM 12-10-2019

[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:20 AM 12-10-2019
Mabe this is the plan. TRUMP gets impeached, converts to Judaism like his favorite daughter Yael Kushner did and then moves to ISRAEL and becomes Prime Minister and the rest is history?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up