ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who here has an Amazon Wife that wants a chainsaw for Christmas?
Holladay 01:43 AM 12-08-2019
She wants/needs a chainsaw. She always asks me to start them for her. I have 2 Stihls: MS 250 and a MS 290 both 18" blades. I love my Stihl saws.

But can be hard to start if the choke is not set right. They can be finicky.

Do I get her a small Stihl, or another brand, with the "easy start" saw or a battery operated one?

I am thinking that battery saw is only for cutting twigs. She wants to cut 2-4" stuff without me starting the thing.

I think she needs something light (she was a trooper today running the 290) that is easy to start yet is powerful.

Again, not for 8-16" trees.

Ideas?
[Reply]
Holladay 01:47 AM 12-08-2019
I found this link:

https://www.chainsawjournal.com/best...aws-for-women/

I have a bunch of Ridgid battery power tools, but not seeing one for chainsaws.

In the end, I am glad she wants to help, so what is the easiest way she can cut crap?
[Reply]
aces and eights 01:51 AM 12-08-2019
I have a dewalt that we use for cedars in the pasture. It is smaller but handles the vast majority of them. Got quite a few batteries so it’s really not a issue.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:46 AM 12-08-2019
I am buying this tomorrow I have chargers and batteris

Milwaukee Electric Tools 2727-21HD Chainsaw Kit
SKU GFX98

$89.99
Product is manufactured in China.

5 year warranty on material and workmanship

2 of these and you could do some damage for $260 (saw and 2 bad ass batteries).

36 vt dewalt kicks ass but lower priced ones at northern tool. harbor freight have good reps too.

I have been waiting for a convertible pole saw/ 14" saw combo to come out. Not going to happen.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:15 AM 12-08-2019
No pic of Amazon wife? Seems like a fail?
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:28 AM 12-08-2019
There is a guy in Texas that has one he use to work at the slaughter house but he doesn't work there no more, he may sell it to you but it may cost an arm and a leg idk?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:10 AM 12-08-2019
Get her a cordless Sawzall. I use mine to trim trees more than my chainsaw. Just a lot more convenient and works fine for 6" and less. I bought mine at a pawn shop for $40
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 06:36 AM 12-08-2019
I have the Ryobi one - it would be PERFECT for her - just get a spare battery!
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:54 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Get her a cordless Sawzall. I use mine to trim trees more than my chainsaw. Just a lot more convenient and works fine for 6" and less. I bought mine at a pawn shop for $40
This gets my vote. Fuck chainsaws.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:06 AM 12-08-2019
I have the Greenworks 40v and it cuts anything I need it to. They do more than you realize. A few weeks back I took down a tree approximately 18" in diameter.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:10 AM 12-08-2019
This battery operated Jonesred was on sale on black Friday at Menards... I should have gotten it as it was only $149 then. I've heard good things:

https://www.menards.com/main/home-de...07-c-13917.htm
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:35 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
No pic of Amazon wife? Seems like a fail?
Can't offer guidance without every critical detail.
[Reply]
srvy 09:36 AM 12-08-2019
I love my Echo's. This one would be a fine pick for her in my estimation.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-14-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

The electric rechargeables are getting better it seems but I love tinkering with old gas power saws. Its another of my many silly hobbies I love restoring old saws.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:41 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I have the Greenworks 40v and it cuts anything I need it to. They do more than you realize. A few weeks back I took down a tree approximately 18" in diameter.
How long does it last before you have to recharge? How long does it take to recharge?
[Reply]
Delano 09:43 AM 12-08-2019
Any of the “easy start”, easy to use systems are garbage.

Just keep your stihls operating optimally and show her how to use it. They’re pretty simple but I can see how the half choke can throw some people off.

Oh, and make sure she wears safety chaps, but it’s up to you if she wears anything underneath.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up