ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>So today is my birthday...and God talked to me...
InChiefsHell 10:47 AM 12-07-2019
Happy Birthday to me...

TL;DR God will give you a colossal set of balls if you let him.

So, I'm on my way to pick up milk from the farm north of Omaha. I was having a prayer session in my car on the way, thanking God for my 49 years on this earth, for my wife, kids, job, friends...mostly for His love for me. I wondered how I have done with the 49 years I've had, and I wondered what it is that God wants of me for the rest of the time he grants me here on Earth.

I got to the Irvington exit and saw a familiar site. Some guy sitting at the intersection with a sign saying "Lost everything, anything helps". Suddenly, I found myself struggling. I felt there was something I should do here, but I didn't know what. I wound up just going by him through the intersection as I have many times before when seeing such people. Now, I know there is a great deal of fraud among the beggars we see on the side of the road, charlatans who take advantage of the charity of humanity for their own ends. Could be drugs, could be alcohol, gambling, who knows. But as I pulled away, this guy just stuck in my mind. I began to pray again, asking God if that was an opportunity that I had missed.

I got the milk, dropped off a half gallon at my daughter's house, drove to the glass recycling place, and all the while, this dude was on my mind. I began to wonder how many times I've passed up a moment where I could share God's love with another human being...and I realize the answer is probably more times than I could really know.

I got on Maple headed back out to the interstate...and I decided I was hungry and stopped by McDonalds for the 2 sausage egg and cheese sandwiches for 4 bucks deal...and I already knew what it is I would do. I got my food, and headed back out to the interstate...but i went North instead of South. I'm thinking..."OK Lord, I'm gonna do it, if that's what you want. I can't believe I'm doing this, but if you will it, I will do it."
I got off at the Irvington exit, and it looked like the guy was not there anymore. Relief swept over me. At least I tried. At least I had the courage to come back and give it a whirl. Oh well...

Then I saw him. He was still in the same spot, I just couldn't see him till I got further up the exit ramp. Suddenly, I felt emboldened. OK Lord, this is your idea. I pulled over and got out, bringing one of the sandwiches with me and walked towards the guy. He got from his chair and started towards me, taking off the glove on his right hand. We shook hands. He looked to be a little older than me, but not much. And who can really tell, he was wearing a jacket with a hood.

What followed is a little hard to remember. I had a vague idea of what I wanted to say. I asked him his name (Scott) and gave him mine. I asked him what happened to him that made him come beg on the highway. He said he had made mistakes and was taken advantage of by "people", then explained he was disabled, had a horrible pain from his thigh down to his calves, and it made standing for long periods difficult. I asked him where he lived. He said here and there, and that he was currently staying in a friend's basement. Then...I went there. I asked him if he has faith. He said, "well my mom does. Me, I don't know". I explained to him that God does indeed love him, and that he had assigned him a level of dignity that was above what Scott thinks. I told him there is always hope and that he should count his blessings. He has a mother who loves him and prays for him. He has his health, and most importantly, he has a dignity that God gave him that no one can ever take away. I told him I had nothing for him, but if he was hungry I got him a sandwich at McDonalds. He accepted gratefully. I told him I'll pray for him (should have prayed with him on the spot, but I just didn't have the courage for that I guess) and shook his hand again. He thanked me, and then I gave him the "Man Hug", with a slap on the back, and a "God Bless you brutha". He thanked me again and went back to his chair, and I got in my car. The last I saw of him, he was digging in to the sandwich as I drove away.

I found myself crying. Not in despair for Scott, but in absolute joy that Jesus spoke to me, and I listened. And through him I reached out to another of God's creatures and gave him the gift of human contact and true solidarity. Scott has dignity, and God loves him as much as he loves me or any one of us. He could be a fake, he could be taking advantage of people, I could have scolded him, suggested that he get a job or whatever. I don't know. None of us really do, even though we have our predisposed thoughts and assumptions about our fellow man and his motives. But I just pulled over, took some interest in this creation of God, gave him a sandwich and some non-judgemental human contact...and left.

That was my mission. That is what God asked of me today. He will ask more of me, and I hope that I will have the courage to respond. Praise you Jesus!

Scott is all of us. Perhaps maybe, possibly, we could try to keep that in mind in our discourse here on CP. Hey, we can always hope!

Best birthday ever...
[Reply]
Dayze 09:13 PM 12-07-2019
Nice read.

Though, since I’m marinaded in Chiefs Planet for 16 years, I fully expected the story to involve him eating a McDonald’s Sammich directly in front of him, without offering him any, and asking him about Jesus With a McMouthful of breakfast. . Wiping the grease and hot sauce from his face as he’s talking .
[Reply]
Bowser 09:16 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
:-)
Look at me! I gave someone a $2 sandwich!

You must be relieved that you weren't actually asked to do something difficult.
Everybody point and mockingly laugh at this miserable fuck.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:26 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Nice read.

Though, since I’m marinaded in Chiefs Planet for 16 years, I fully expected the story to involve him eating a McDonald’s Sammich directly in front of him, without offering him any, and asking him about Jesus With a McMouthful of breakfast. . Wiping the grease and hot sauce from his face as he’s talking .
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:26 PM 12-07-2019

And, let me guess......you do this sort of thing daily, don't you? I have nothing but pity for you..
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:40 PM 12-07-2019
ICH, you listened to the small still voice of the Holy Spirit that lives within your soul. You did it to the least of these. You loved Jesus with this act of love and kindness:-)

Matthew 25:40 - “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’

Proverbs 3:27-28 - Do not withhold good from those who deserve it when it’s in your power to help them. If you can help your neighbor now, don’t say, “Come back tomorrow, and then I’ll help you.”

I John 3:17 - If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person?

II Cor 8:14 - Right now you have plenty and can help those who are in need. Later, they will have plenty and can share with you when you need it. In this way, things will be equal

Proverbs 19:7 - The relatives of the poor despise them; how much more will their friends avoid them! Though the poor plead with them, their friends are gone.

Heb 13:16 - And don’t forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God.

Matt 5:42 - Give to those who ask, and don’t turn away from those who want to borrow.

Acts 20:35 - And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Proverbs 28:27 - Whoever gives to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to poverty will be cursed.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:46 PM 12-07-2019
Good on you InChiefs
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:51 PM 12-07-2019

Proverbs 22:9 - Blessed are those who are generous, because they feed the poor.
[Reply]
manchambo 10:53 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Again, it was not about the sandwich. I had hoped people would understand. I know you are not a believer. I believe, and was shown today. that we are all created equal in the eyes of God. I believe that you manchambo are a beloved creature of God's creation, and that you were made to be so much more than you are now. We all are.

I don't know you, but I recognize your dignity. I may not agree with your posts, and I'm sure you do not believe the way that I do. But I acted today not out of "mercy for the poor"...rather, I saw in that person a creation of God...like me...and we are all in that boat.

God made you and he loves you. Perhaps one day you will see that. Until then. God Bless you brother...
I’m on your side. Any day your imaginary friend doesn’t tell you to be mean to a gay person is a good one.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:56 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by manchambo:
I’m on your side. Any day your imaginary friend doesn’t tell you to be mean to a gay person is a good one.
You struggle with homosexuality don't you manchambo:-)
[Reply]
manchambo 10:58 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
You struggle with homosexuality don't you manchambo:-)
I wouldn’t say I’m struggling, if you know what I mean.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:01 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Proverbs 22:9 - Blessed are those who are generous, because they feed the poor.
Well, that leaves out the thread starter.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:08 PM 12-07-2019
Well, that leaves out the thread starter.
How so?
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:49 PM 12-07-2019

Shame on you for betraying the pretense that you somehow occupy a superior position on the side of human compassion.
[Reply]
Inspector 12:03 AM 12-08-2019
I find that the more I open myself to His influence in my heart, the more he speaks to me. His impact grows as we age and continue to seek his light.

My story started years......I mean, decades ago but it was obvious, direct and huge.

Congrats on your birthday and the wonderful event that was brought to you on that day. This is just the start. Remain open to His message and it will continue to come to you for now on. And with that, the joy of personal fulfillment beyond what you've enjoyed so far.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:07 AM 12-08-2019
I'm happy to read this sir, stay on the good path and keep to him.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up