ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>What to get with a ps4?
KurtCobain 05:20 PM 12-04-2019
We just got the ten year old boy a ps4 for Christmas. It only came with one controller and fortnite. What accesories or games should I get him? I ask this of my Chiefsplanet friends because I know nothing about video games.

Thanks in advance, Joey
[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:38 AM 12-05-2019
everything detoxing said plus a "playstation now" subscription. its playstation games from all the generations on demand. it's pretty baller. you'll probably see some retro stuff that you like too, Kurt
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:56 AM 12-05-2019
The johnson county library has tons of games. Check your library if they have games.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:36 AM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
My 8 and 10 year olds really like ratchet and clank, the uncharted series (although the language is bad at times), madden, the Star Wars version of battlefront, baseball etc.
Yeah those are good. Also Spyro and Banjo-Kazooie
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:50 AM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh, and some fucking USB charging cables.....unless you want your 10 year old borrowing the one you use for your cell phone....pick a few up...as they surely get lost/broken.
Or just buy one of the charging stands for like $10. I have one and it charges both of my controllers just fine. Haven’t had an issue with it since I bought it.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:16 PM 12-05-2019
Right now there are a bunch of cheap ($2-$20) but quality PS2, PS3, and PS4 games on the PS store. If you hooked the unit up and d-loaded some games for it before wrapping it back up it would be a nice surprise within a surprise.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:03 PM 12-05-2019
We have Jay's CD and Hobby here in Des Moines and they have crazy cheap games, controllers etc. They don't just have old games they have current ones as well. I've purchased a few games from there and haven't had any issues.

I'm sure that KC has a similar store (haven't lived in KC since 13, and can't remember).
[Reply]
srvy 03:55 PM 12-05-2019
Did anyone mention the whole Lego's series? Kids loved those games.
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:26 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Damn. I miss being excited about Christmas as a kid.

Like others say, Call of Duty will keep any kid occupied. Fortnite is good and free. Spiderman too.
i get excited as an adult too! means new socks and underwear! lol
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:33 AM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Damn. I miss being excited about Christmas as a kid.
I still remember how excited I was when I got my Sega Genesis for Christmas.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:55 PM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
Thanks, fellas. I see some good ideas. I appreciate it.
Let us know what you end up doing...
[Reply]
Valiant 05:48 PM 12-07-2019
Honestly for people this Christmas I would save your money for next year's new console launch unless you get one for cheap.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:23 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Honestly for people this Christmas I would save your money for next year's new console launch unless you get one for cheap.
$199 PS4 on black Friday week, probablyclose to the same for Christmas week. A year in a young kids life is something you never get back, there aren't many and they go fast. Buy the damn thing.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 11:27 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Get him Bloodborne. He'll grow up real fast playing that game. :-)
Also Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3. That kid will be a man in no time! For real though all 4 of those games are amazing.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 12:30 AM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Let us know what you end up doing...
I'm definitely shopping around for a good headset. Think I found a good deal for a Logitech brand. Already picked up a second controller, got an actual Sony per Detoxings advice. Also, good heads up about the ps+ account, I had no idea. I know the whole reason he wants one of these things is to play online with his friends back home since they are moving out of town. He plays on his mom's xbox now, and I told him he's got no shot at the ps this year, but we got him one for 200 on black friday.

Thanks for all the help fellas. I'm gonna look into games later this week. I think fortnite is his main focus, but he loves the Lego movies, so I'm going to look into the Lego games and minecraft as well.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:39 AM 12-08-2019
Get Resident Evil 2

Unbelievable remake.

Edit: just noticed it’s for a 10 year old. Don’t do that :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up