ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 24
« First < 101617181920 21222324 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:14 AM 10-01-2019
Figured we could have a thread breaking some stuff down from his films and discuss.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:09 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Holy shit the Pats are dirty. This is the play after Mahomes gets shoved late out of bounds.

https://twitter.com/jacobs71/status/1204586537557594113
The ref had to see that! Comes up right to Fisher afterward. Should have been 15 yards and a fat fine for #55.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:43 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
PFF (FWIW) graded this as KC’s 2nd best pass blocking game of the season. Interesting stats here too that say Schwartz, Wylie, Wisniewski, and Reiter all allowed 1 or less pressures. You can draw your own conclusions. https://twitter.com/pff_chiefs/statu...876617728?s=21

Based on what I’ve watched, Fisher struggled much more than I realized watching live. I really hope he’ll continue to get better as he works back cause it hasn’t been great thus far. Or even good.
That’s what I was saying in another thread. To my untrained eye, the interior OL played much better across the board, including Wylie.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:44 PM 12-10-2019
Lol Clark tackles Brady with the LT

https://twitter.com/jacobs71/status/1204591615182065664
Did you see the bracket on White there? Spags is a freaking genius.
[Reply]
-King- 10:54 PM 12-10-2019
Who would have thought I'd have more fun watching the defensive plays than the offensive plays...
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:06 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Remember how bad we were at covering the running backs out of the backfield earlier in the season?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:11 AM 12-11-2019
I’m telling you Sorenson has been a godsend for us. He’s phenomenal at covering RBs
[Reply]
Three7s 03:40 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
There’s a problem with Mahomes. He drifts for no apparent reason here
Another genious football take.........:-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:55 AM 12-11-2019
Holy shit the Pats are dirty. This is the play after Mahomes gets shoved late out of bounds.

https://twitter.com/jacobs71/status/1204586537557594113
Hard to tell what he did there, just punch him in the gut??
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:11 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Hard to tell what he did there, just punch him in the gut??

Yip
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:54 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I’m telling you Sorenson has been a godsend for us. He’s phenomenal at covering RBs
'Godsend' is strong.

BUt Sorenson has been a definite asset this year. Not a perfect player by any stretch but a guy who's absolutely carried his own water this year. We're a better team with him (cap considerations notwithstanding) than we are without him and with DoD not being able to ascend to a true hybrid role, Sorensen is really the only guy we have on the team that could've done the job he's doing credibly.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 12-11-2019
I think Sorenson is damn ideal for the role he's able to play with HB and Thornhill able to play their role. He can cover running backs and be around the LOS and then drop.

He's a great third safety. He's not a good 1 or 2, but as a 3? Yeah, we're good.

IF they could bring back this current crop of defense, add a real ILB and another corner or two they'll be damn set up well for a few years.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 12-11-2019
Lol Clark tackles Brady with the LT

https://twitter.com/jacobs71/status/1204591615182065664
Interesting play there; looks like Wynn was waiting for that spin move.

Clark does a quick foot-fake and Wynn bites inside just a little. Once that happens he loses his base and Clark just walks him back. Maybe the best punch I've seen from Clark all season - accurate as hell right into Wynn's chest and timed it perfectly to get him rocked backwards when he's off balance.

That's about as good a rep as you can have. A nice power rush set up with some athleticism. Still not seeing an exceptional burst from him, but there you saw him utilize some agility and technique in a manner that is pretty much perfectly suited to him (and to disrupting Brady).

Brady's just not gonna do deep drops and let speed rushes get to him. Utilizing quick moves and power to collapse his pocket in under 2.5 seconds is the only way to make things difficult as an individual rusher.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:00 AM 12-11-2019
I don't know if it was that predictable or what but they appeared to be ready for that exact play and route.

I thinks Spags was hired specifically for his success against Brady in the past.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:08 AM 12-11-2019
Funny thing about DOD. I heard a rumor on Sunday from a guy I worked with.

* For those that don’t know, the family of small company I worked for has been STH’s for decades and are “in the club” with other rich ass STH’s who hear some interesting shit from time to time.

Anyway, the word of mouth was that apparently DOD was drafted to fill out the role that Sorensen played in Sutton’s defense...that stupid money backer position. Well apparently he doesn’t fit Spags system, which makes sense.

He’s too small to be a consistent run stopper and not fast enough to be a safety. Sucks for him but I guess shot happens.
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 12-11-2019
Yeah, makes some sense. Especially with them struggling vs the run I can see it.

I still think he could do something, but it happens.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 24
« First < 101617181920 21222324 >
Up