ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 24
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:14 AM 10-01-2019
Figured we could have a thread breaking some stuff down from his films and discuss.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 10-01-2019

Great run defense here. Frank Clark closes down the edge. Nnadi keeps outside shoulder. Jones stays ahead of the reach. Wilson great job crashing down back side. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/oDlB4KoYc4

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 1, 2019

Here's an example of good run defense. Look at Nnadi be a strong bull in there.
[Reply]
O.city 11:24 AM 10-01-2019

First run. Lions double Chris Jones to till they reach the linebacker for a 5-yard pickup. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/7O530a6lVO

[Reply]
petegz28 11:30 AM 10-01-2019

The first thing I’ll show. Look where the Lions safety is at. Ball is at the 26. He is mid field. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/1yRbFYUu6G

[Reply]
Mecca 11:32 AM 10-01-2019
Just that alone on that last play shows you that for as Athletic as Jones is, his point of attack strength isn't great for doubles.

I think we should experiment with some big fronts...and go head up, put Nnadi right over the center put Jones and Clark out at end and toss another big dude in there at DT, I don't like Williams but yea.

It's time to try some different ideas for this type of thing.
[Reply]
Sorce 11:38 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I think this was a lot of their gameplan, don't give up the big play and punch at the ball at every opportunity. Basically we can't stop you but we're going to give you more chances to make a mistake which we gladly took them up on.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Just that alone on that last play shows you that for as Athletic as Jones is, his point of attack strength isn't great for doubles.

I think we should experiment with some big fronts...and go head up, put Nnadi right over the center put Jones and Clark out at end and toss another big dude in there at DT, I don't like Williams but yea.

It's time to try some different ideas for this type of thing.
Yep. Put Jones on the LE and put somebody else at the under tackle.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:40 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
I think this was a lot of their gameplan, don't give up the big play and punch at the ball at every opportunity. Basically we can't stop you but we're going to give you more chances to make a mistake which we gladly took them up on.
They went man up to squat on short stuff with safeties super deep so the guys could take chances on shorter passes as help is behind them.

Mahomes being just off a bit made that gameplan work well, and they basically beat the shit out of Kelce and without Hill it made it tough.

Reality of the situation is we should have just ran crossers and created picks all game but well we didn't do that.
[Reply]
O.city 11:44 AM 10-01-2019

The cut block on Ogbah backside was key in springing this. Like to see Wilson delay a hop or two backside in the future for contain. Williams fights through his block to try to slow down the back. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/tNE5Dw6ZOU

DL was ok here
[Reply]
O.city 11:48 AM 10-01-2019

Ogbah sets the edge and pinches down. Wilson fights through block. Nice pursuit by Hitchens backside by the TE’s questionable block. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/Be21vUJF1Y

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, he tackled Hitchens from behind. Should have been a penalty probably.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:51 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Yep. That’s a decent strategy against our offense. Make them take longer drives with more plays. Longer drives means more chance for error.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:58 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, he tackled Hitchens from behind. Should have been a penalty probably.
Those refs also let a ton of stuff go, Detroit was very grabby at the line and also in the secondary.

Any team that is allowed to manhandle the Chiefs receivers is going to give them issues.
[Reply]
O.city 12:01 PM 10-01-2019

Not sure what they wanted Fuller and Thornhill to do on this play but I know Breeland was doing his best to cover two receiving options at the same time. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/MrmIDtuJQA

[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:20 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
not sure if 2018 orlando scandrick..
[Reply]
Page 1 of 24
1 234511 > Last »
Up