ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:43 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'm guessing by your age that that's a long shot - I wouldn't worry too much. About the most that'll happen to you is insomnia - I don't feel like you were to that point. I'm no expert - but i'd imagine that would take decade of drunkenness to get to that level of risks.
Doesn't take nearly that long. A year of drinking like that could put you in a position to require medical detox. Alcohol and benzodiazepines are the most dangerous substances to detox off of. The seizures are the biggest danger, but some people experience intense hallucinations. It's quite scary.

Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I am. With the exception of a few times I haven't gone HARD meaning more than 10 drinks a night. It's more so 5 or 6 for 4 or 5 nights a week which is still alot. Saturday was a holiday party so yeah that was bad but the hangovers at this age suck now and I'm def not physically dependent I do it out of boredom. However from what I've read on several reddit threads none of that matters if you consume more than 15 drinks a week you are at risk once you go cold turkey.

I'd bet the majority of this board and half the country has about 15 drinks a week. Seems like a low standard.
If you have any doubts, talk to your PCP. Don't rely on Reddit. Your doctor can give you a straight answer about your specific circumstances.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:48 PM 12-10-2019
1 year drug and alcohol free on Dec 3
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:52 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Great bud!
[Reply]
J Diddy 12:21 AM 12-11-2019
I have to be honest I’m a drunk. Problem is I can’t envision life without it. It’s so Ingrained in my day to day.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:37 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
I have to be honest I’m a drunk. Problem is I can’t envision life without it. It’s so Ingrained in my day to day.
If you enjoy it and can live life without it restricting you is it bad? I
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:38 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Doesn't take nearly that long. A year of drinking like that could put you in a position to require medical detox. Alcohol and benzodiazepines are the most dangerous substances to detox off of. The seizures are the biggest danger, but some people experience intense hallucinations. It's quite scary.

If you have any doubts, talk to your PCP. Don't rely on Reddit. Your doctor can give you a straight answer about your specific circumstances.
I currently dont have a doctor however this past april I did. I wasnt 100% honest because my blood pressure was the lowest it's ever been without medication and anxiety was at a minimal. Infact she commented how great i was doing. I asked her if i subbed weed for alchol is that bad? She told me as long as i dont abuse it lol she believed it wouldbt be any worse for my anxiety.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:08 AM 12-11-2019
Please note:

Court ordered sobriety, weekly tested at RR's expense

Under...I would not brag about adhering to a court order...

when failing to do so is prison.

[Reply]
Nickhead 01:23 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Please note:

Court ordered sobrit, weekly tested at RR's expense

Under...I would not brag about adhering to a court order...

when failing to do so is prison.
yeradik! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 03:48 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
My crazy younger ex-girlfriend was drinking tons of wine and on benzo's our entire time together. The violence and rage she would get once she got drunk and the mood swing would begin was scary as fuck. I spent a full month in fear for my life.

Getting away from her was the greatest thing I've done in the last 5 years.

The crazy bitch even sent me a fake obituary from the Washington Post in an email that she pretended came from her ex-husband. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:34 AM 12-11-2019
You have to want to quit if when you are ready or hit rock bottom, I hope you don't have to hit rock bottom to quit that's a hard climb out of. If you having a happy life I can't tell you what's right or wrong I've gotten back to enjoying a few myself and that is a scary thing for me. I think when i know my limit the next time the limit is a little more so will be the next time I know this but all I've ever done is be sober today and fuck tomorrow or drink today and be fucked tomorrow.
[Reply]
scho63 05:07 AM 12-11-2019
Are you drinking everyday and getting drunk or just drinking everyday? :-)

They are NOT the same....

I drink 5-7 days a week but I haven't been drunk in a very long time. I drink with my meal and it's usually one beer or two, a few glasses of wine and sometimes an after dinner drink. It's usually over the course of 1 1/2 hours or two.

I don't come home and pound a bottle of vodka or a case of beer or drink to get drunk. Just not worth the feeling at 56.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:48 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
yeradik! :-)
he's sober because he got busted PERIOD
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:38 AM 12-11-2019

Busted or not it's not an easy task to stay clean and sober for an addict or drunk. Getting sober is one thing but to stay sober over a period of time is something you can't take credit away from a guy.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:42 AM 12-11-2019
Plenty of people get busted and don't sober up. So there goes your baseless theory.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:48 AM 12-11-2019
:-)

Good for you...
[Reply]
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up