ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Paul Rudd Joins Ghostbusters (2020)
Tribal Warfare 11:59 PM 06-27-2019

Paul Rudd Joins ‘Ghostbusters 2020’ (EXCLUSIVE) https://t.co/aiaw78pt8g

— Variety (@Variety) June 27, 2019



[Reply]
Buehler445 05:24 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Or you could just ignore the fact that 2/3 or so of the adults who loved ghostbusters as a kid were little boys, GIRLPWR!!! the shit out of it and then castigate the people who aren't super stoked about it as toxic chauvinists.

I'm still not sure what compels someone to revive a franchise and immediately set about antagonizing the people that gave a shit about that franchise to begin with.

Next up "Twilight: The Reckoning" and 15 seconds into the trailer you have Wesley Snipes show up as Blade and the rest of the movie is him just cutting vampires apart and beating up emo kids. Seems a flawed strategy.
:-) I might watch that one.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:22 PM 12-09-2019
I know the co-writer, Gil Kenan, pretty well, as our kids went to preschool together for four years. When The Poltergeist remake was announced, I said something to the effect of "You've got your hands full with the Poltergeist remake" to which he responded "I'm up to the task".

Unfortunately for him, that one didn't work out so well.

Let's hope this one avoids the same pitfalls.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:05 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
:-) I might watch that one.
I don't think they would make a movie but it would make a great SNL skit.
[Reply]
Sorry 05:22 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I know the co-writer, Gil Kenan, pretty well, as our kids went to preschool together for four years. When The Poltergeist remake was announced, I said something to the effect of "You've got your hands full with the Poltergeist remake" to which he responded "I'm up to the task".

Unfortunately for him, that one didn't work out so well.

Let's hope this one avoids the same pitfalls.
Sorry off topic but please go eat elote from “the corn man” on Workman st. ( not to far from dodger stadium)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:39 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Where’s the comedy though??
First off, it's a trailer. It's not showing everything.

Second and more important, an often overlooked aspect of the original Ghostbusters was, aside from Bill Murray wisecracking, the creators treated the execution of the narrative with complete seriousness.

Sometimes, often even, humor comes out of playing things straight and letting the absurdity of the situation speak for itself. Think about your favorite comedic performances and tabulate how many of them are coming straight out and saying 'look how zany I'm being.' Compare to situations where the characters treat the situation with complete seriousness, while the events around them get more and more absurd. Being able to relate to a character is often valuable in mining empathy and humor, as opposed to viewing them as a joke machine put to celluloid.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:50 AM 12-11-2019
That definitely holds true for Meet the Parents, DeNiro was brilliant in it.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:15 AM 12-11-2019
Trailer looks good.

Me being negative: I'm getting sick of Finn Wolfhard already.
[Reply]
-King- 06:24 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Trailer looks good.

Me being negative: I'm getting sick of Finn Wolfhard already.
He's extremely typecast to the point his career will likely be over once the popularity over these types of movies/shows starts to decline.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:01 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Next up "Twilight: The Reckoning" and 15 seconds into the trailer you have Wesley Snipes show up as Blade and the rest of the movie is him just cutting vampires apart and beating up emo kids. Seems a flawed strategy.
I would watch that.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up