https://youtu.be/zymgtV99Rko
[Reply]
banecat 05:03 PM 05-08-2019
Looks like it may be solid
[Reply]
sully1983 06:53 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
Looks like it may be solid
Agreed. I am very confident that this show will deliver the goods since Damon Lindelof (the creator of The Leftovers, which I thought was great ) is also the creator/writer of this reimagining of this Watchmen series .

The teaser was dope btw and you really can't go wrong with Don fucking Johnson !
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:35 PM 09-09-2019

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:48 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Not a single misstep. Every actor is someone I would watch a show just for them. Great concept. Timely update.

Don't eff it up, Damon. You effed up LOST, you redeemed yourself with Leftovers. Wow us.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:57 PM 09-10-2019
If memory serves, Dane hate hate HATED Lindelöf with a passion. Like, badly. Called him a total hack more or less, iirc. Take that for what it's worth.

So are we to believe that this universe is a continuation of the movie? If so, I would assume that if Ozymadius showed his face anywhere near civilization again he would have it ripped clean off. Also a hint of Dr. Manhattan in there....

Looking forward to this.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:18 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If memory serves, Dane hate hate HATED Lindelöf with a passion. Like, badly. Called him a total hack more or less, iirc. Take that for what it's worth.

So are we to believe that this universe is a continuation of the movie? If so, I would assume that if Ozymadius showed his face anywhere near civilization again he would have it ripped clean off. Also a hint of Dr. Manhattan in there....

Looking forward to this.
Yeah, that's the most intriguing part of the clip there.

What exactly is this? Sequel in the same universe? Alternate timeline prequel? Re-boot?

It has the look of a sequel to the movie and that would probably be my favorite approach. There's some really cool potential around a post-nuclear attack world and how humanity dealt with the revelations from Rorschach. By having the terrorist sect wear rorschach masks, it suggests that he developed something of a cult following.

Really interesting concept and probably the right medium for it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:27 AM 09-11-2019
Lindelof has said since the beginning that it isn't a sequel, that it's a 'remix' of the original themes of the comic book series, updated to reflect the present day rather than the 80s. So it won't continue the events of the movie, and it doesn't have anything to do with Doomsday Clock. He's called it the New Testament to the original comic series Old Testament. Which isn't hyperbolic at all.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:32 PM 09-11-2019
He also said the comic is canon and they're married to everything that happened in it. I think they're being cagey about calling it a sequel because they don't want people to think they have to have read the comic to get the show.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:29 PM 09-13-2019

[Reply]
Simply Red 02:33 PM 09-13-2019
is this piece of shit released yet?

disregard - I just found it's due in Oct. Thanks
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:05 PM 09-13-2019
This looks good
[Reply]
Bowser 03:55 PM 09-13-2019
Lindelof has said since the beginning that it isn't a sequel, that it's a 'remix' of the original themes of the comic book series, updated to reflect the present day rather than the 80s. So it won't continue the events of the movie, and it doesn't have anything to do with Doomsday Clock. He's called it the New Testament to the original comic series Old Testament. Which isn't hyperbolic at all.
Lol

It's extremely minor, but they did use the same font in the trailer as they did in the movies. I'll admit that even sounds like a stretch to me, though....

I bet the Doomsday Clock makes an appearance somehow, albeit in a completely different reference/form. The Clock signified the dangers and hysteria of the Cold War in the 80's, something will signify the social upheaval of today in this show. Because, it still is HBO.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:48 AM 10-05-2019
Pilot premiered at New York Comic Con, and people seemed to love it...

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/watchm...ctions-twitter
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:47 PM 10-20-2019
I just watched the first episode and was not that impressed.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up