ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Deadwood
keg in kc 06:33 PM 07-25-2018
Movie's finally filming this fall. No, seriously. They're actually doing it after talking about it for two years.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/again...happening.html
[Reply]
Raiderhader 07:47 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If that's the guy...he sucked in Deadwood. His character in that show was flat and stilted...he didn't convince me. Had they chosen someone else...it would have made the show better. It felt almost soap-opera level...

Compare him to Omar or Stringer Bell from the Wire...

Oh shit...he's the guy in that California Gore Comedy....he's better in that role...submissive, helper-dad.
Uh, that was intentional. Bullock was written as a ridged character and Olyphant absolutely nailed it. It’s not surprising you don’t like the show, you cannot even pick up on its basic constructs.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:54 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Uh, that was intentional. Bullock was written as a ridged character and Olyphant absolutely nailed it. It’s not surprising you don’t like the show, you cannot even pick up on its basic constructs.
No...I didn't like it because it wasn't good. Then again Ingmar Bergman is a favorite director...so I'm used to existential dialogue and deeper themes...

Like I said, to each his own but dont pretend that I dont understand character constructs...he was just a shit actor that rivaled daytime television.
[Reply]
The Bunk 09:03 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
No...I didn't like it because it wasn't good. Then again Ingmar Bergman is a favorite director...so I'm used to existential dialogue and deeper themes...

Like I said, to each his own but dont pretend that I dont understand character constructs...he was just a shit actor that rivaled daytime television.
****sucker.
[Reply]
The Bunk 09:04 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Uh, that was intentional. Bullock was written as a ridged character and Olyphant absolutely nailed it. It’s not surprising you don’t like the show, you cannot even pick up on its basic constructs.
Spot on. If anything he was a little too “human” in the movie. I still enjoyed it immensely.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 09:42 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Deadwood has to be one of the more over-hyped series in modern history....

I remember when it was airing...and people saying it was better than The Wire. I tried to watch it back then and lost interest...

I recently tried to watch it again with the movie coming out... and thought some of the acting/writing was pretty bad. Who ever played Bullock is a terrible actor...it was decent until Wild Bill died.

Anyway...from shows of that period...The Wire destroyed it....it's not close.
What in the actual fuck? He's pretty amazing in Deadwood.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:30 PM 06-02-2019
Trying to convince Deadwood fans on a Deadwood thread that Deadwood isn't any good. That right there us what you call a losing proposition.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:38 PM 06-02-2019
Al’s last line was such a win by the writers.....
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:03 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Trying to convince Deadwood fans on a Deadwood thread that Deadwood isn't any good. That right there us what you call a losing proposition.
I'm not trying to be a hater for the sake of stirring shit...I wanted to like it. Its why I gave it another shot after a decade. I was wondering if I missed something that created such a loyal following. I made it further than the first try...around 3 episodes in of season 2. It just lost my attention...again. It felt staged...and fake.

To each, their own....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:28 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by dilligaf:
I loved the series but the movie....eh.
agreed. This was the best they could do after all these years?
[Reply]
Swanman 11:36 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by The Bunk:
Spot on. If anything he was a little too “human” in the movie. I still enjoyed it immensely.
Bulluck had a little Raylan Givens from Justified in his performance. Plus at that point in his life he was a little more comfortable with his lot in life.

BlackOp's opinion on this topic sucks cock by choice.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:21 AM 06-07-2019
Just watched. If this needs spoiler tags at this point; why the fuck you in here if you haven’t seen it yet? Besides. I don’t think I know how to do that anyways.


Overall, nice to have some closure. Fun watching all the characters again, bit of nostalgia. So overall, I like the movie, and like they did it.


But, like GOT and other recent movie/show/story plots; I’m about god damn sick of “bittersweet” endings. I already know real life sucks sometimes, I don’t need my entertainment to drive that melancholy mantra of a nail in the already bored out hole in my head.

Jon snow should’ve killed the night king and taken the throne with or without Dany, and Al Swearengen should’ve lopped off George Hurst’s nutsack. There was way too much bitter and not enough sweet to this cocksucking show ending.

I did like that Jane finally sacked up, both by going after Stubbs and by using her fucking gun at the right time......
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:26 AM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm not trying to be a hater for the sake of stirring ...
Your posts feel fake and staged. I’m falling asleep reading your take for the third time. Wait. Maybe it’s not clear enough. Please do tell us one more time; did you like the cocksucking show?



You Loopie Cunt.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:08 AM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Your posts feel fake and staged. I’m falling asleep reading your take for the third time. Wait. Maybe it’s not clear enough. Please do tell us one more time; did you like the cocksucking show?



You Loopie ****.
Your opinion of my opinion has zero influence...I either like something or I dont.

If you guys got something out of the show...more power to you.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:35 AM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Just watched. If this needs spoiler tags at this point; why the fuck you in here if you haven’t seen it yet? Besides. I don’t think I know how to do that anyways.


Overall, nice to have some closure. Fun watching all the characters again, bit of nostalgia. So overall, I like the movie, and like they did it.


But, like GOT and other recent movie/show/story plots; I’m about god damn sick of “bittersweet” endings. I already know real life sucks sometimes, I don’t need my entertainment to drive that melancholy mantra of a nail in the already bored out hole in my head.

Jon snow should’ve killed the night king and taken the throne with or without Dany, and Al Swearengen should’ve lopped off George Hurst’s nutsack. There was way too much bitter and not enough sweet to this cocksucking show ending.

I did like that Jane finally sacked up, both by going after Stubbs and by using her fucking gun at the right time......
Yeah, it was great to see the characters again. Like catching up with old friends. Glad they made it but it could have been a lot better. Ian and the rest of the cast nailed their roles. The story under performed. Shit, I'd watch another movie because I loved the series.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:48 PM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Your opinion of my opinion has zero influence...I either like something or I dont.

If you guys got something out of the show...more power to you.
Great to see CP still has a few “I’m rubber, you’re glue” posters.

You said something of an opinion, I responded with a different opinion. Really doesn’t need more opinions after that. But by all means, let me now say, “hey, I got something out of this show, if you didn’t; more power to you!”


Now good day sir.....
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up