ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Scheduling...
crayzkirk 11:56 PM 12-10-2019
I have been vocal about the Chiefs playing in New England and just realized that the Ravens have had to play in KC twice.

Am I biased? I would bet that the Baltimore fans would thing things aren't quite right here...

Is the NFL scheduling really that random?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:24 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
So we go to Baltimore next year. We go to Baltimore in 2021. And we could go to Baltimore in 2022.

Obviously the NFL favors Lamar over Patrick.

/jk
Yes, and it's funny that many will say that will full belief ... despite the fact that scheduling was set (for next year) prior to Jackson being drafted or without knowing how the division finish vs division finish works.
[Reply]
HayWire 07:28 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Yes, and it's funny that many will say that will full belief ... despite the fact that scheduling was set (for next year) prior to Jackson being drafted or without knowing how the division finish vs division finish works.
But it's a conspiracy! The NFL schedules games based on what team is moving and who they need in the Superbowl
[Reply]
oldman 08:32 AM 12-11-2019
Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road. OK, no problem there, right?

Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road. OK, so now we should play the Pats once every 3 years.

Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road. Again, no problem, seems fair enough.

Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season. Hmmmm-- seems to me we should get a Dolphins or other cellar-dweller every once in awhile.
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:41 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road. OK, no problem there, right?

Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road. OK, so now we should play the Pats once every 3 years.

Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road. Again, no problem, seems fair enough.

Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season. Hmmmm-- seems to me we should get a Dolphins or other cellar-dweller every once in awhile.
Not sure if you are being serious or not. You’ve got 90% of it laid out here. The only thing you’re missing is how the home and away games are determined for non-divisional games. As far as your comment goes about getting a cellar dweller, go back and look at the last time we were in the cellar. I’ll bet you we play all of the cellar dwellers from the AFC in the following year.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:55 AM 12-11-2019
It's weird to me that people still don't know how this works.
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Kinda thought the same thing.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:36 AM 12-11-2019
Lamar will experience the Madden curse next year, that's a W
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:40 AM 12-11-2019
Hmmmm-- seems to me we should get a Dolphins or other cellar-dweller every once in awhile.
Well, you'll have Dolphins in the normal divisional rotation... and if by chance KC and MIA finished the same in their respective divisions, that could impact it as well.

KC travels to MIA in 2020.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:50 AM 12-11-2019
Well the system did change 20 years ago....
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:52 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well the system did change 20 years ago....
Ha... and to be honest, most just don't pay attention to this level of detail and truly believe it's made up the year prior, I would imagine.

I think it would boggle minds when they learn what goes on with scheduling behind the scenes when you look at the major sports and then the concerts and other events that take place in the schedules and how far in advance they are planned.

It's a logistical pain in the ass and each league, stadium and city has to do all they can to predetermine as much as possible years in advance.
[Reply]
-King- 09:55 AM 12-11-2019

Why would we? We haven't matched the dolphins in division placing in like 10+ years meaning the only time we should play them is when we play the whole AFC east.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:07 AM 12-11-2019
Are they going have the Los Vegass Raiders Shitbowl Colosseum done and ready for next season? If so I predict we play the Raiders in Vegas and get this that the Raiders will come to Arrowhead next year!!! Also just on a whims guess that we will play the Donkos in Denver and also again at Arrowhead but my 2020 vision is slipping not sure or not we even play the formerly known San Diego Chargers nor would I know what continent HOWEVER MY BOLD PREDICTION IS THE CHARGERS WILL COME TO ARROWHEAD NEXT YEAR.

This is all speculation on my part carry on wayward souls.
[Reply]
The Bunk 10:10 AM 12-11-2019
The stupidity of the masses knows no bounds.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up