ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>KNIVES OUT
Mama Hip Rockets 02:58 PM 12-10-2019
Anybody seen this yet? It was amazing. One of the best movies I have ever seen.

[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:47 PM 12-10-2019
I must be in the minority but I hated it.

We saw it on Thanksgiving night. Maybe cuz I had a space cake before the show but it was just hard to follow and very convoluted at the end. Some good acting, yeah, but I felt it had too many convenient plot twists and a coverup of a coverup and then a reverse backflip. it was just too much.

I like murder mysteries too.

Just didn't find this one rewarding. Not really entertaining either.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 05:11 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I must be in the minority but I hated it.

We saw it on Thanksgiving night. Maybe cuz I had a space cake before the show but it was just hard to follow and very convoluted at the end. Some good acting, yeah, but I felt it had too many convenient plot twists and a coverup of a coverup and then a reverse backflip. it was just too much.

I like murder mysteries too.

Just didn't find this one rewarding. Not really entertaining either.
Hmm, sorry you didn't like it. You're definitely in the minority, though. 8.1 on IMDB, 97% RT critics, 92% RT audience.
[Reply]
Sorry 05:18 PM 12-10-2019
No spoilers I’m taking my wife after her last finals today. Glad it’s good reviews
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:52 PM 12-10-2019
I liked it a lot. Can’t talk about it much without spoilers involved
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:59 PM 12-10-2019
At 90 minutes I began looking at my watch. Yes, it had an interesting story, some twists, but 2+ hours it became grueling. I gave it a 7.0 on IMDB, if they could at least take out 20 minutes I could gone a point higher. The beginning questioning sessions were interesting, but dragged on for too long. Talking to the old lady near the end, provided a clue, but didn't need 5 minutes alone with her. There was many places they could edited.

The acting was superb, the story was good as I said, just ran too long. Normally I love films like this, not really into the explosions and action adventure types. Also I liked Daniel Craig, but not the southern accent, it just didn't fit him. A better twist would of been when he was alone with Marta, he could of gone into cahoots with her, that's all I'm going to say on that.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:19 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Maybe cuz I had a space cake before the show but it was just hard to follow and very convoluted at the end. Some good acting, yeah, but I felt it had too many convenient plot twists and a coverup of a coverup and then a reverse backflip. it was just too much.
I took it to be a bit tongue-in-cheek over the top. So I found the convenient plot twist more amusing than annoying.

I really liked it.
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:30 PM 12-10-2019
Loved it! Great cast and excellent writing. Im in absolute love with Toni Collette
[Reply]
Talisman 03:21 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Talking to the old lady near the end, provided a clue, but didn't need 5 minutes alone with her.
But what a great pee break. My wife left to hit the restroom and when she got back and asked what she missed, I gave her a blank stare.

(Quick plug for the app RunPee. They let you know the best times to step out during a movie and provide a synopsis of what you missed. Use it all the time.)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:35 PM 12-11-2019
This movie was a ton of fun really, but it was also an in one ear and out the other affair that I probably won't watch again.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:17 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I liked it a lot. Can’t talk about it much without spoilers involved
Of course you did. You watch anything.

Shocking your dumbass didn't hate it since it was good though
[Reply]
scho63 02:22 PM 12-12-2019
This is still showing as CAM meaning camcorder on my favorite free movie site. Once it goes to HD I'll watch.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 03:18 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
This is still showing as CAM meaning camcorder on my favorite free movie site. Once it goes to HD I'll watch.
What is your favorite free movie site?
[Reply]
Up